For the Motherland Developer Diary 7 - Historical Elections and Foreign Ministers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
its just scriptable relative each other how resilient they are.
Still pretty nice! :)

Love the fix for historical elections. Also, can we pretty please have a script effect to trigger new elections in a country via event? With sugar on top? Because right now you could do 'government = fascist_republic' to the USA, but all the democrats/etc. will stay in charge of the country. Unless there's already a different fix for that.

That would be pretty awesome, along with the ability to set the ideology of a country in an event, not only check it :rolleyes:
There is a workaround (using a special government type), but it is rather bulky to say the least...

+1
I want that sugar on top with a cherry too! :D

Kind regards,
Chromos

Create a government type with elections held every month (duration = 1) and set that one as the government type for the nation you want. The game calculates the next election based on the last one's date, so unless you do this within one month of game's start, you will get an Election on the next day. (Restoring the original government type is a bit trickier, because you need to store it somehow beforehand, but that's not too hard.)

Awesome, thanks for the info! :)

I noticed in the toolbar there is a new part concerning Theatres! What is this new section?

Now its been a long time since i have been playing HoI3 however if i remember the mapmodes the theatre mapmode is missing from its normal position (you can see it on DD 6 screenshots).

The ministers! More powerful AAs! Historical elections! Great!

Now what does the Theatres button do? :D

BTW have you changed anything in the almost unreadable and pretty much useless Land/Naval/Air screens in the Intelligence tab?

Will there be need to transfer IC for infra repair after it was dameged... like in AoD?

The ministers! More powerful AAs! Historical elections! Great!

Now what does the Theatres button do? :D

BTW have you changed anything in the almost unreadable and pretty much useless Land/Naval/Air screens in the Intelligence tab?

I don't understand why they can't show that all on the map in the intel map mode or something. There's no way to make that stuff comprehensible in any other way.

I don't understand why they can't show that all on the map in the intel map mode or something. There's no way to make that stuff comprehensible in any other way.

Because your spies think they have 100 divisions. They don't know where they are. The map would have to place them.

foreign ministers are back! great stuff, as I always loved it in HOI2 for immersion value.
better AAA? awesome!
changing election dates will make supporting parties in other nations take on a bit more of time pressure sometimes.
I totally approve.

If you make Finland to have elections every three years the elections will all go wrong. Finland had presidential elections in first of march 1937 next president took his place in 19. of december 1940 because the president in place got something that has something to do with brains I cant say it in english. after that the new president resigned in 1944 and the next president was in position for only 2 years because of emergency law.

I would like to point out that the information seen on the map is provided in the Intelligence tab as well, but the reserve is not true. It would be nice if it was :)

I would like to point out that the information seen on the map is provided in the Intelligence tab as well, but the reserve is not true. It would be nice if it was :)

Why? With only 2 spies it once reported that the SU had 3000 brigades or some crazy number. Even if they did have 3000 brigades where do you show them on the map? Maybe the spy caught an intercept where the 46th ID wanted more food so they know the 46th ID exists but don't know wher eit's at.

Signal intelligence (which would be domestic espionage...). Example: At the beginning of WWI, the French did know where the majority of German formations were (at their border) and they correctly assumed that next to no forces were deployed in the eastern parts of Imperial Germany.