+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Motherland Developer Diary 7 - Historical Elections and Foreign Ministers

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazem View Post
    Something I would LOVE to see in this expansion, is to see each countries civilian/solder casualties and perhaps the number of solders the country has killed! :P
    This seems to be possible somehow. The battle statistics are shown in popup, hence they are logged somewhere. It should be possible to collect such numbers but you would not be able to discern specific operations or areas, just an accumulationo of raw numbers.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You guys should thank me for the change about the ministers. It seems the more I argue against PI doing something the higher the probability that they will eventually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jju_57 View Post
    You guys should thank me for the change about the ministers. It seems the more I argue against PI doing something the higher the probability that they will eventually do it.
    Does that mean there is hope for some of my ideas yet? lol
    Midnight Sun: Denmark AAR 1936 - In progress

Aut Vincer Aut Mori

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Danmark Rising View Post
    Does that mean there is hope for some of my ideas yet? lol
    Only if I keep objecting to them.

Oberkommando HOI4 Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by jju_57 View Post
    Only if I keep objecting to them.
    what was your objection to showing ministers?
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

raise NU is gone???
    You dislike Communism?

Join our group Anti-Communism Group

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    what was your objection to showing ministers?
    It was discussed in this thread:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ight=ministers

Quote Originally Posted by Phönix View Post
    raise NU is gone???
    Please red some of the posts. It was asked and answered.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The Exiled

How is the US being deeply in debt pre-war going to be modeled? Large negative money stocks, or a -money/day decision? In this screenshot the US has $86... and a very low leadership. Ouch. A high NU also seems wrong, the US's NU should be very low (60, max) prior to Pearl Harbor.
    Looks good though. Nice changes so far.
    A Californian with an avatar!

Liberté, egalité, fraternité StephenT's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by oribiasi View Post
    if "Hamburg" the province does not equal "Hamburg" the city, then fine, a level 10 AA only does, say, 65% of the damage if the bomber group only flies over it. If they decide to bomb the city/province of "Hamburg" itself, then they should get the full blast of the AA, depending on its level and your technology for AA.
    I agree with your basic point, but 65% is way too high. 10% would be more like it, I think.

The fact is that bombers on a mission to attack Berlin are really not going to fly over the centre of Hamburg so all the AA stationed there can take a shot at them. Why would they? Their flight plan will go around the city and any other major flak concentrations en route. HoI3 provinces are large places, and a wing of aircraft moving through them is probably not going to be in range of the AA guns stationed around the city in the centre of the province. Even later in the war when the Germans positioned lines of AA guns all across their country, the damage they achieved was fairly insignificant. (In the first six months of 1943 German AA guns shot down a total of 319 Allied bombers by firing over 3,140,000 shells at them - an average of 10,000 shots per success. German fighters destroyed three time as many bombers.)

Bombers are vulnerable to flak when they're flying low and slow in a straight line over their target to make sure of hitting it: not when they're taking evasive action and flying high en route to the target. While it's probably reasonable to expect them to take some losses from overflying enemy territory - a mission to Berlin should be more dangerous than one to Hamburg - I'm happy enough with it being abstracted as org loss and attrition. It's not like aircraft in the game aren't already extremely fragile anyway...

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

I noticed in the toolbar there is a new part concerning Theatres! What is this new section?

AHOI-Mod Series Developer Demi Moderator Chromos's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    Last but not least, static anti-aircraft batteries have gotten a bit of an overhaul. They are now much more resistant to bombings (for modders this is a scriptable value per building type now)..
    Another Question:
    Does this include, that we could raise/lower the resistance of buildings also via techs?
    Or does it "just" means we could change it once in the buildings.txt?

Kind regards,
    Chromos
    Former Game Developer East vs. West: - Lua AI / Political -
    AHOI-Mod - A Hearts of Iron 3 "Treasure Chest": Soon: Play WW-I up to the Cold War
    First AAR by me! -> Victory Ahoy! (A Let's Play AAR with AHOI-Mod-"Treasure-Chest")
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For std HoI3 from SF to TFH): See more at a glance/usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For other HoI3 Mods): See more with your fav mod -usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Dynamic AI (For std HoI3 FTM): Play with an ai that is adjustible wih decsions
    Check my profile: Find out more info about HoI-III, modding and the AHOI-Mods

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great news about the AAA. I liked to build them for roleplaying purposes. Now they will be useful at last.

Oberkommando HOI4 Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by JOR2010 View Post
    I noticed in the toolbar there is a new part concerning Theatres! What is this new section?
    secret :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chromos View Post
    Another Question:
    Does this include, that we could raise/lower the resistance of buildings also via techs?
    Or does it "just" means we could change it once in the buildings.txt?
    its just scriptable relative each other how resilient they are.
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

Love the fix for historical elections. Also, can we pretty please have a script effect to trigger new elections in a country via event? With sugar on top? Because right now you could do 'government = fascist_republic' to the USA, but all the democrats/etc. will stay in charge of the country. Unless there's already a different fix for that.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Secret? I can guess it has something to do with theatres, but how much of a new feature is it? Is it so you can arrange the command hierarchy and leaders in this tab?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by quetzilla View Post
    Love the fix for historical elections. Also, can we pretty please have a script effect to trigger new elections in a country via event? With sugar on top? Because right now you could do 'government = fascist_republic' to the USA, but all the democrats/etc. will stay in charge of the country. Unless there's already a different fix for that.
    That would be pretty awesome, along with the ability to set the ideology of a country in an event, not only check it
    There is a workaround (using a special government type), but it is rather bulky to say the least...
    Sir NeoCore Slan, OLIR, beta of FtM, appointed judge of Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest, Fan of the Week (22-11-2011) and I also play HoItCG.
    The Historical Plausibility Project 1.0.4 for HoI3, 2.0 for HoI3 - Semper Fi and 2.7 for FtM

My latest work from my Ink Well (which is post #200 in the Ink Well thread):
    Hitler's gamble - An alternative German Strategy (Vanilla HoI3 - Semper Fi 2.03c) finished
    Ten Reasons why Europa Universalis III is the worst game EVER (Vanilla EU3 - Divine Wind) finished
    The New Adventures of the United Nations... in Space - A Space Empires V AAR canceled after Season I

"Always write things on the forums that you’d be happy for your mom to read." - Fredrik Wester

Ministers and custom elections are good news to hear of. It seems game development finally tends to inspire soul into it - a matter yet missing. Keep it up this direction and it might become able to fill the footsteps of it's predecessor.
    Hearts of Iron III (HOI 3) is a grand-scale strategy game designed by enthusiasts of World War II history, and focused on the military, political, economic and diplomatic interactions worldwide between 1936 - 1948. Every effort at maximizing both realism and playability has been made, and an excellent balance has been found.
    ---
    It’s time to take command and lead your nation through World War II, the largest conflict in world history. Hearts of Iron III lets you take charge on any front, as any country, and through a variety of scenarios.

From the official HoI 3 advertisements

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War

Great news. Asto the AAA firezones and bomber fiy overs, either you can try to program the damage provence by provence which has already been shot down as difficult to implement, OR you can make the target city AAA more damaging and less subseptable to bomb damage as a reflection of the AAA in the city defensive belt and units encountered along the way to the target. Yes it is an abstraction (which would benefit by some kind of Distance Traveled modifier to damage delt) but it is an improvement over the existing situation and welcomed. Thanks for listening to the community comments about this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Slan View Post
    That would be pretty awesome, along with the ability to set the ideology of a country in an event, not only check it
    There is a workaround (using a special government type), but it is rather bulky to say the least...
    Erm, what is the work around? *curious*

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by quetzilla View Post
    Erm, what is the work around? *curious*
    Create a government type with elections held every month (duration = 1) and set that one as the government type for the nation you want. The game calculates the next election based on the last one's date, so unless you do this within one month of game's start, you will get an Election on the next day. (Restoring the original government type is a bit trickier, because you need to store it somehow beforehand, but that's not too hard.)
    Sir NeoCore Slan, OLIR, beta of FtM, appointed judge of Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest, Fan of the Week (22-11-2011) and I also play HoItCG.
    The Historical Plausibility Project 1.0.4 for HoI3, 2.0 for HoI3 - Semper Fi and 2.7 for FtM

My latest work from my Ink Well (which is post #200 in the Ink Well thread):
    Hitler's gamble - An alternative German Strategy (Vanilla HoI3 - Semper Fi 2.03c) finished
    Ten Reasons why Europa Universalis III is the worst game EVER (Vanilla EU3 - Divine Wind) finished
    The New Adventures of the United Nations... in Space - A Space Empires V AAR canceled after Season I

"Always write things on the forums that you’d be happy for your mom to read." - Fredrik Wester

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast