• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JimboOmega

General
55 Badges
Jun 22, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
So it's 1915, and I've just made states out of a half dozen chinese provinces at the end of a long war. My LF capis started building factories and one of them has (bugged?) over 100k craftsmen within a month of the first factory being built (I think it's more like 900k, but can't confirm).

In any case with hordes of craftsmen screaming for jobs, it's time to switch to a communist government and give them what they want, at least to get started (the capis build way too slow before a few factories are running).

A lot of back story, but really the topic tells the tale. I am going to build 5-8 factories in a whole lot of provinces; what's a good mix? I need telephones pretty bad for dreadnoughts, but I don't want to outrun the supply of electric gear. I also always appreciate barrels, airplanes, and etc. Should I build some "traditional" goods? Is there a "good mix"?

The only traditional good that I would worry about (if you're not showing any shortages) would be cement for all of the factories that are going to pop up over the next twenty years. Your sphere might be sufficient to cover those needs if you've been picking up industrialized countries for your sphere.

I would suggest you go to the trade screen and see what the demand for goods is. The tech factories should always be in high demand, also luxury goods and liquor. Although, you should check things like lumber, steal, and cement to make sure the world production is significantly more than demand so that your construction spree doesn't deplete supplies. If it is close, build some and supply your own with the insurance that it will be profitable.

Automobiles in every province - you can't build enough of them and they make good money.
Depending on safety regulation reforms up to 1/10 of your factories should be cement.
~ One electrical Gear for one complete pack of factories, which use them.
----
you also can't build too much luxury furnitures , ~1 - ~1,5 luxury factories per state.
you can build really very many fuel,telephone,radio - up to ~ 3*0,66 per state
With higher produciton effiencency one middle consumer factory per state is enough, like cloth,furniture,paper,liquer,winery.
You can also never have too much glass, but they aren't that profitable.
Aeroplanes make awesome profit, however you don't need too much of them , up to 1/3 per state.
you don't need all too much Arnament factories at the end, 1 military complex per state ( ammu,small arms, artillery, canned food, steamers, barrel )
Lumber,Steel - later you hardly need of them, build it if you need it.

--
So,
1st - Automobiles for always good
2nd - Aeroplanes - awesome profit
3rd - Fuel, high demand with good profit
4th - paper,winery, ( Lumber,Steel),steamers,canned food - depending on the overproduction
5th - telephons/radio/barrel/machine parts - telephones/radio you just can't build too much , while barrel and machine parts decrease with overproduction.

Another thing I noticed is that refineries, lumber/steel, cement and a few others build on 365 day cycles... with, honestly, 500k+ craftsmen looking for jobs before the first one open its doors, this is a good thing.

yupp, in provinces with 3M+ pop, I always build cement,glass, and fabric/steel/lumbers/fertilizer if needed.