• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Noob here, bought the game today: how can I get the "submarine" map, with the various sectors?

DD: Why didnt you include Taegens Vorwarts Panzer into this, and will the new project on immersion of all nations be combatible with DI?
It was Thaegen's mini mod, never DD's. I'm sure Thaegen would agree to DD using it but it would be a lot of work to adjust it to FTM (which is partly why Thaegen didn't do it). If you want to see more of Thaegen's work, look at the Realistic Progression Mod. He has done the UK armour and will roll it out for all the majors.

Noob here, bought the game today: how can I get the "submarine" map, with the various sectors?

The submarine map is only a graphic overlay, at distant view range. I don't know why it was a problem upgrading it for FTM but it is not available at the moment. When DD's coauthor (Danevang) for DI:G returns, they might do a patch to restore te view. I like it too but it has no effect on game-play.

All,

I have been playing this so long that you would think I know the answer to my question...but I don't:):) besides it would be nice to have confirmation.

QUESTIONS:

1. After building improvements such as Land or Coastal Forts or Roads (infrastructure) is there a maintenance cost in IC?

2. If so, then how do I get rid of Land Forts or etc which I no longer need/want? I doubt I can do it in the game so what file(s) can I edit to do so?

Regards,
Rick

Hi all,

Quick question on supply issues: I finished Barbarossa, and chose 'drang nach ost' and 'puppet' as wargoals. 5 months on and my fuel stocks are almost gone! I opened up the supply map and apparently berlin is shipping supplies and fuel to RUSSIAN units as far as Vladivostok! Do neighboring puppets always get supplied by their Master countries? And does anybody know a way around this without repeating the campaign in its entirety (e.g removing the puppet wargoal midcampaign after it has been set)

Also, is the whole puppet/supply thing exclusive to DIG or does it apply to vanilla as well?

Hi all,

Quick question on supply issues: I finished Barbarossa, and chose 'drang nach ost' and 'puppet' as wargoals. 5 months on and my fuel stocks are almost gone! I opened up the supply map and apparently berlin is shipping supplies and fuel to RUSSIAN units as far as Vladivostok! Do neighboring puppets always get supplied by their Master countries? And does anybody know a way around this without repeating the campaign in its entirety (e.g removing the puppet wargoal midcampaign after it has been set)

Also, is the whole puppet/supply thing exclusive to DIG or does it apply to vanilla as well?

I am not aware that fuel and supplies get shipped to puppets nor have I experienced these problems in FTM. When they happened in SF, I would turn auto supply convoys off, cancel unwanted convoys and run things manually for a while (a few monts). I was able to reactivate auto convols later and it would not repeat the same problem.

I am not aware that fuel and supplies get shipped to puppets nor have I experienced these problems in FTM. When they happened in SF, I would turn auto supply convoys off, cancel unwanted convoys and run things manually for a while (a few monts). I was able to reactivate auto convols later and it would not repeat the same problem.

Thing is, I'm not exactly sure what is causing the issue. The supplies are going overland and I had already turned off auto-supply convoy. I haven't experienced the issue in vanilla either only in DIG. This being the first Barbarossa I finished, I'm not exactly sure what is the issue. Could be that the supply map is wrong? And the actual fuel loss is due to some other reason? I've parked all my fuel consuming units, naval consumption is ~200 at maximum usage (which is not the usual as I only have 10-15 uboats hunting and only send the fleets out to wear down RN taskforces as they are spotted) and about 15 interceptors on air intercept with evrything else parked.

Hello. I just started the game, but the regiment hermann göring event doesn't happen to me (when i firstly tried, on 22.01.36 happened). What can I do?

Now that you mention it, I think it didn't happen in my last game. I had thought it was going to happen later but then I got busy with other things.

You can force the event. Open the console (there are many ways, I use the ~ key). Type "event 10215" (without the exclamation marks).

The next event for them is on 9 October 1942. If it doesn't occur within a few days, you can force it. It is event 10216.

DI:G Wiki

Hi there just wanted to ask, is it possible that someone updates the Wiki for DI:G stuff, might be really handy for some people out there!

http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi3wiki/Main_Page

May even cut down on the number of questions in this thread!

Regards

For the love of it I can't get this mod to work. I have in this sequence. installed game... installed SF.... installed FTM.... installed FTM 3.05 patch... install DIG to the mod folder and patched with DIG patch 2.06 . In the launcher the default and common weapons option are there the popup, but no DIG. What am I doing wrong. I can play the Common weapons mod with little trouble, but not DIG Please help.

Just wondering, for the sake of playing more historically, what if any Yugoslavia events are included in DIG? Is Directive 25 included? I've never left it around long enough to see but couldn't spot it in the game folder.

Also I'm sure I've said it before but I'd love for the old I.C.E handling of the balkans to be used for DIG with the axis countries taking their fair share and the smaller minors such as Serbia being created.

Onto another point. Just started another game and was wondering once the Poland blitz is over, do people play with the french to gain xp for leaders while waiting to 1940 to get the new wave of leaders that is often much needed, or does everyone just go as fast as they can. Playing on hard and managed to grind my way to and encircle in 2 pockets Paris and the Maginot without trying before the end of '39

All,

I have been playing this so long that you would think I know the answer to my question...but I don't:):) besides it would be nice to have confirmation.

QUESTIONS:

1. After building improvements such as Land or Coastal Forts or Roads (infrastructure) is there a maintenance cost in IC?

2. If so, then how do I get rid of Land Forts or etc which I no longer need/want? I doubt I can do it in the game so what file(s) can I edit to do so?

Regards,
Rick

1. NO, there isn´t any maintenance cost for infra, forts or coastal forts.

2. As there is no maintenance cost, I guess you won´t mind that they are left there, because, except via event (AFAIK, there are 2 in game events that make dissapear most of the forts in Maginot and Sudetland), there is no way to get rid of them, unless you mod the files, and I don´t know where to mod them.

Thank you for the answer!

Is there a list of events? Where can I find it (if something doesn't happen)?

And another question please! In the operation research there is something like that "russian railways". It decrease IC by 10%. But the related negative strategic effect says that you need two level of this researc (exactly: the effec is in use, if research max level: 1, so you need two). Is there second level in the operation research?

Thanks for the forecoming answers!

After I puppeted SU they went and conquered tannu tuva but being my puppet, handed over the country to me. I thought this might be causing the issue but the supply map shows that supplies are being shipped east of that, upto Vladivostok. I'd really appreciate some clarification in this. Thanks

After I puppeted SU they went and conquered tannu tuva but being my puppet, handed over the country to me. I thought this might be causing the issue but the supply map shows that supplies are being shipped east of that, upto Vladivostok. I'd really appreciate some clarification in this. Thanks

Supplies will only be sent to your troops and expeditionary forces under your command. If you have no troops in the East, supplies will not be sent there and they will slowly be recovered from those areas. If you have conquered land in the east and occupy it with troops, they will need to be supplied. If there is a land border, the supply AI will supply them via land, resulting in enormous loss due to the number of provinces that need to be passed through (this is realistic). If you are in this situation, it is better to force a sea supply convoy to supply your Eastern forces.

If you have forces in another (allied) country, they will be supplied by that country and the supply tip will describe these supplies as convoyed out or traded (I think that is the term it uses) but these supply transfers are "off the map". They are done to keep the hidden supply ledger balanced but they don't use convoys and (I think) they do not suffer supply transfer tax.

It's not clear exactly what is causing your problem. If you describe (or provide pictures that show) the supply tool tip, the location of your forces in the East, the ownership of land in the East and the supply routes (with the tool tip showing where supply is coming from), the community could provide better advice.

Hi. Pls: is it only my problem? Latest FTM DIG. All countries with DIG AI.lua files, i.e. all majors + SWE, CHI, SPA and TUR, do not build anything except forts, convoys etc. When I replace these files with the originals from Lothos, they do build everything. Thanx.
PS If I replace not the whole file but only from -- Production Overides the main LUA with country specific ones to -- END OF PRODUTION OVERIDES, then AI builds everything as well.

Last edited:
Hi. Pls: is it only my problem? Latest FTM DIG. All countries with DIG AI.lua files, i.e. all majors + SWE, CHI, SPA and TUR, do not build anything except forts, convoys etc. When I replace these files with the originals from Lothos, they do build everything. Thanx.
PS If I replace not the whole file but only from -- Production Overides the main LUA with country specific ones to -- END OF PRODUTION OVERIDES, then AI builds everything as well.
I have reported same issue allready with Soviets doing nothing. Thought it`s Soviet specific, But maybe it`s that for all majors.