• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, I have read the threads and am lost. I have FTM and istalled the 3.4 patch, I thought DIG was coming out today but didnt see a patch for it in Gamersgate. So I reinstalled the DIG hoping it would work with no luck. Please, how do I play DIG with FTM????

I downloaded FTM into my hoi3 game wee I had DiG loaded. I then downloaded the alpha patch for DiG and play.

Just the Alpha test mod is available downloadable within this thread (see a couple posts back).
Its not finished yet. There are some problems but i am unsure if they are related to the mod
or from the basic AI such as Russia attacking Germany in early 1941, powerful Italy overrunning
Egypt, the everygame Brit invasion of Denmark while Germany is in France, poor Finland getting
smacked about, and reports of poor UK defence force placement. I can say with the Theatre
AI running a war in Russia is quite exciting tho as is Poland and France with the mod so far.

My experience so far with the FTM Alpha patch is amazingly good. No major bugs and the game play is great!

Trying out the alpha patch working fine.
But just had the Biter Peace event, however sinds they sifted the MR border. You should also add the extra polish provinces that russia now recieves to the event.

3rd test game with the alpha version of the FTM mod. England always invades Denmark
while Germany is invading France. It appears same 3 divisions with 3 HQ and 12 or so air
units (crowded on the level 1 airfield!) easily repulsed now as they cannot supply them-
selves thru the level one port. I now routinely keep 2 Korps in Denmark til this drama is
done and move on. They don't attempt another invasion there afterwards (at least thru
early 1942). This needs to be fixed. One time is a shock, 3 times is bad. No fire on the
surrender for Netherlands nor Belgium. Fired ok for France and others but is phrased very
oddly something like "Peace enforced by Germany" (like reading stereo setup instructions).
Yugoslavia invasion did not fire first 2 times and did this time, nice to see dipolmancy being
done by the AIs can keep this a guessing game. I now keep a Medfront theatre with 2
Korps to watch the Med and help out the Romanians. Finland is going to get creamed
again I think before I can do any good. will have to see (its March 1941 and I am still
on friendly terms with Russia and only now slipping the panzers up to the borders where
stacks (!!!) of Russian units await. Radar function is nice. I have 9 in Aachen where i
can protect it and can see well into England and all over France. 5 in Memel with more
to be set up later "further in Russia" allows me to get a good view of what is happening
there. Italy has steamrolled the Suez Canal again pushing the Brits back into Palistine/
Isreal/Jordan. The Italians are too overpowered or the Brits too underpowered. Little
action at sea in the Med again unlike earlier HOI3 games where there are sunk ships
everywhere. Need to adjust the RAF bombers. They must be unsing VULCANS as they
are whiiping thru Germany, bombing and returnig and tearing up my ME109Es/ Its too
early for the Brits to have bombers capable of getting thru all the time with so little
damage against 600 fighters. I think the RAF is too supercharged and if so it should
only be over the channel and the British Isles with the help of their radar and ground
control. Stalin is playing nice for a change with me slippin slowly to the border so
hopefullly tomorrow when i start the test game again I won't see hords of Russians
striding forward crying URRAHH! URRRAHH! For the Motherland! (while were actually
fightin in Poland....), I did see the Brit AI staffing its ports and VPs with units in the
UK so thats fixed. I hope some of these small issues can be worked out cause this
is a real blast of a game now with just a few hickups! Good Job!!!!!!!

nice write up...but wow...that is one giant block of eye-tearing text...whew!

i have semper fi+FTM and put alpha patch over das irae in mod folder and it still crashes during loading..

I have the same problem, I put the alpha patch in the das irae fold but it still crashes when loading, please help.

if the mod didn't work before the patch i don't think the patch will help.
does the game work without the mod?

The Mod (DIG) worked perfectly with Simper Fi, not with FTM. I installed FTM and the 3.4 patch, I then put the Alpha patch in the mod/Dig folder but it crashes on start up like it did when I tried to play it on FTM before the alpha patch.

The Mod (DIG) worked perfectly with Simper Fi, not with FTM. I installed FTM and the 3.4 patch, I then put the Alpha patch in the mod/Dig folder but it crashes on start up like it did when I tried to play it on FTM before the alpha patch.

ah, okay then i would check again if you have applied the patch correctly. maybe just try again or use another directory.
is the crash the same or is it different now?

Yes, its the same as before when I didnt put the alpha patch in. Maybe youre right when the patch is not in the folder correctly. I just placed the patch in the Mod/Dig folder. the directions says "extract" it to tthe folder. Cant find an option to extract file though..... Yea I just placed the patch in the folder kind of like a cut and paste thing... Please help