• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice One time to resinstall HOI3 and get this on, Devildread know how i can redownload the game and when i open the Setup it only gives me the option to repair or uninstall

What i mean is i would like to Make a new installment of the game without having to delete my SF version with Black ICE since everytime i use the Gamersgate installer i can only Repair or uninstall the game which puts me back to having to delete SF and remake game then copy folder which takes ages ... Could you tell me if you know a short cut to get around this problem

Rename or copy your current game folder. Use the "repair" function, and you should get a new install. HOI3 doesn't have any Windows "hooks," so you can copy the folder at-will. I keep a seperate "clean" install, and just copy it when I want to add a MOD.

Rename or copy your current game folder. Use the "repair" function, and you should get a new install. HOI3 doesn't have any Windows "hooks," so you can copy the folder at-will. I keep a seperate "clean" install, and just copy it when I want to add a MOD.
Should guessed that :/ kinda lame you gotta copy the file to get mods and not just being able to make a clean install in a new folder

Just as in SF vanilla (and most other mods I am aware of) Def. and THoug. are not taking into account at all, all because of a bug which was not noticed unitl a few months ago. In FTM they are taken into account and, believe, me, now things are much better for defending units.

Yeah I know the story. I just wanted to know if DI had made an change to the values to make them important again in the pre-FTM version. I guess not. Thanks for confirming that I made a lot of research go down the drain in my current campaign. ;)

Anyway, great Mod! I'm having a blast playing on Very Hard. I just invaded Russia and I'm having a tough time with manpower and keeping up with the schedule. Leningrad fell in late summer and I just overran Smolensk at the end of september. I'm about to form yet another pocket in Ukraine but still waiting to cross the Dniepr and taking Kiev. Moscow before winter seems far fetched and I'm already at negative Manpower with 900 brigades built. (I don't believe VH affects MP gained so this would be the same in a normal game right?) Anyhow I'll do my best to deplete the Red Army before the snow falls.

I have one thing to complain about regarding the AI (not so much DI's problem as HOI3 in general I suppose). Romania, Italy and Hungary have all parked huge amount of troops in eastern Turkey behind the front line. It acts as a huge supply eating blob and Romania was about undefended by their own troops from the start of Barbarossa. I know the AI is not very good but this reaches a new level of bad design. Of course Hungarian troops wont leave their homeland with Russian pockets sitting 2 provinces away to help. It makes me think that its just better to overrun these nations as well and get the limited resources the land gains you yourself instead of their armies that actually not only makes little difference but hurts your efforts! Sigh!

Maybe I'll do a screenprint AAR about this campaign later. Did anyone ever manage to beat Russia on Very hard so far? I think Manpower losses will be my greatest problem but I have yet to face the winter of 1941 and I don't know what the game has in store for me. I'm kind of hoping for really bad weather effects and a russian counter offensive. More updates later...

Oh, and looking forward to a stable release with FTM...

Devilhead,

I just want to thank you for your dedication in delivering on your promise in getting Di:G out by the weekend. By the way, I noticed from the change log:

- Assault Gun gives artillery practical
- Tank Destroyer gives armor practical

NICE CHANGE!

My promise is not fully kept because it is only an alpha, I do hope you will be able to enjoy it and report stuff otherwise. :)

A possible bug:

Conning towers for U-boats are greyed out. It may be because I didn't use patch it up to 1.03 (I know the bug was fixed in that patch). Maybe the fix wasn't included in this alpha patch?? Anyway it isn't a big deal.

Do Dies Irae patches find their way to Steam? I have never seen any info there about updates...

Do Dies Irae patches find their way to Steam? I have never seen any info there about updates...

That's like asking Congress to settle a budget bill...

I can't stress enough to folks to not buy third-party games from Steam, at least for smaller-ish companies like Paradox, as they could care less about getting patches out there with haste and there are always problems with checksums, registering, etc..

That's like asking Congress to settle a budget bill...

I can't stress enough to folks to not buy third-party games from Steam, at least for smaller-ish companies like Paradox, as they could care less about getting patches out there with haste and there are always problems with checksums, registering, etc..

even though steam is not perfect it is not the impersonated evil. in this case, how can they release something that doesn't exist? as far as i know is no patch official yet...