• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I thought I was experiencing a bug, as when I mobilised for Poland I had insufficient manpower to complete mobilisation (first time ever!). I was at two year draft and I only had around 400 manpower when I needed much more. It was looking like I would not be in credit until after Barbarossa but the Fall Gelb manpower boost got me there. I don't know if it was intended but the manpower restrictions encourage higher draft levels and use of the diplomatic events for the declaration of war. This ends out working well (I'll be better prepared next time).

By way of report:
Nationalist Spain won in about 9 months.
Nationalist China lost to Japan in about 2 years (I gave them the highest level of support but it did not swing things).
France left half of the Maginot line unguarded after declaring war on me. Italy stayed out of the fight.
I often get British fleets sailing the Baltic. They outnumber my fleet and my bombers are weak against them. Ships in range of bombers should live in fear. Can you increase the effectiveness of bombers against ships?

And I too, had never realised you could select ship components. I thought they were added, once you researched them. This is a great feature but it was not well explained in vanilla!

Devildread, I think there is a small improvement you could make on the china support decisions that might be causing people issues. The options for the decision are currently in this order from top to bottom: support agreement, strong support agreement, supplies only, no support. It seems intuitive that the strongest support option would be at the top, and I actually selected the 2nd to strongest a couple times before realizing this.

problem with events

greetings
I just bought dies irae yesterday and begun my game as german.
just one week after beginning, i just occupied the rhinland: france declared war to me. umh..., ok, why not. so i just took the maginot line and stop there knowing that I will now have much time to build up my forces, gain epx and dont need to build up own forts.
I m not sure if this is intended from the developers of this mod but I m open for new ways^^

my major problem is that i cant read the events. "EVTNAME 10100" p.e.
I can only read the options but that is not very satisfying.
my game is in german, so i changed the setting.txt in my hoi3 folder to english, unfortunalety with no effect.

can anyone tell me whats gone wrong? (if there is)

using:
hoi3
semperfi
patch203b
soviet music
common weapon wwII mod
dies irae mod

thx alot

greetings
I just bought dies irae yesterday and begun my game as german.
just one week after beginning, i just occupied the rhinland: france declared war to me. umh..., ok, why not. so i just took the maginot line and stop there knowing that I will now have much time to build up my forces, gain epx and dont need to build up own forts.
I m not sure if this is intended from the developers of this mod but I m open for new ways^^

my major problem is that i cant read the events. "EVTNAME 10100" p.e.
I can only read the options but that is not very satisfying.
my game is in german, so i changed the setting.txt in my hoi3 folder to english, unfortunalety with no effect.

can anyone tell me whats gone wrong? (if there is)

using:
hoi3
semperfi
patch203b
soviet music
common weapon wwII mod
dies irae mod

thx alot

update to 2.04e and dont use common weapons mod.

Offical Checksum is....

I dont know either. I requested an officially correct checksum on the first post but nothin so far.

Is there an known checksum for this DLC with 2.0.4e and 2.0.4f? I've read all the posts for this DLC, bought it right off and installed, and I think it is great work. I'd love to know if I have installed it correctly. Thanks for making it, and I love ICE too!

Oh, my checksum with 2.0.4e is VNAJ

Last edited:
Just wondering if the 1st new patch will allow you to add mods, sprite packages, etc. to Dies Irae Götterdämmerung
so you can get the complete feel for the game. If not in the first patch, Hopefully it is possible at least later on to add these.

Hey guys, I can't have the correct checksum since the DLC works on several versions of SF (and I have several versions of DLC and patches installed all over my computer). If the game is on 2.04e or 2.04f and the DLC is launched, you can tell it works. There is no way you can install it wrong (besides installing it elsewhere than needed but in this case you can't launch it). Please share your checksum and state the SF version you are using, then if someone else have the same checksum I think you can tell this is the right one. :)

I work on the balance for the patch, don't worry. China will get stronger aid and stuff.

You need to play in english only for the DLC to fully work.

--edit: If you want to add stuff to the 1st patch please send me your files and I'll see what I can add.

Hello,
so far this DLC/mod is great, I haven't had any real bugs and everything from Spain civil war to China vs Japan worked exactly as it should!
However, I have conquered most of Europe already (its December 1938) and so far none of the countries (except Lithania) surrendered. For some countries, like Poland, Liechtenstein and Swiss there was this "They won't surrender [Clearly they are not in touch with reality]"-Window, for some like Belgium and Netherlands, France and Czechoslovakia no window ever came up. Vichy France event fired up, but the rest is still France territory occupied by Germany/Italy. Now this is a bit annoying because of two things.
First of all, I could not go into peace again eg after I conquered Poland.
Secondly, Italy conquered nearly 80 % of France so I can not use any of the resources there.
Third, it's just unrealistic when Belgium that never surrendered stores its forces in the UK and then attempts a landing in NORTHERN FRANCE.

It is a while that I last played HOI3 but if I remember well, this did never happen to me. I always had the annex/puppet window and any conquered country did surrender.
Intended or not?

This is intented, instead of annexing you only occup the countries. I did this for three reasons:
- annexation didn't really occur in WWII at a country scale
- occupation allows you to choose the occupation policy you want, instead of the fixed annexation penalties
- during the war, the allies in exile still had military and remain active either under UK command or their own. With annexation the military just disappear

Italy eating up France is a misbehavior of the french AI I can't fix, so I'd recommend not to call Italy to arms before the fall of France. I'll try to put 10 forts in the Alps in order to block the Italian tho.

I am curious to have reports about how the game is going after so much ahistoricity. :)

Hello,
so far this DLC/mod is great, I haven't had any real bugs and everything from Spain civil war to China vs Japan worked exactly as it should!
However, I have conquered most of Europe already (its December 1938) and so far none of the countries (except Lithania) surrendered. For some countries, like Poland, Liechtenstein and Swiss there was this "They won't surrender [Clearly they are not in touch with reality]"-Window, for some like Belgium and Netherlands, France and Czechoslovakia no window ever came up. Vichy France event fired up, but the rest is still France territory occupied by Germany/Italy. Now this is a bit annoying because of two things.
First of all, I could not go into peace again eg after I conquered Poland.
Secondly, Italy conquered nearly 80 % of France so I can not use any of the resources there.
Third, it's just unrealistic when Belgium that never surrendered stores its forces in the UK and then attempts a landing in NORTHERN FRANCE.

It is a while that I last played HOI3 but if I remember well, this did never happen to me. I always had the annex/puppet window and any conquered country did surrender.
Intended or not?

A picture is worth a thousand words...

absurdt.jpg

Italy joined in the faction in Oct 1938. As you can see, by Apr 1939 at least 60% of France was in the hands of Italy, which renders the "operation gelb" useless in the research tab... ... I hate this because like the other gent said, Italy just simply came in and stole my resources and leaderships. The only solution to this would be to keep Italy out of Axis, but as far as I'm concerned, the two strategic effects on research efficiency by having China and Italy in Axis are simply too attractive to resist.

chinah.jpg

On China, it is all looking good. I did however send my own Luftwaffe bombers and interceptors to China. I own Japan and have complete air supremacy there. So I think the balancing on that side of the world is all right ASAIK.

Just so I know, the sea zones don't actually change right? It's just the zoomed out map, but the actual sea zones weren't changed right? Just want to make sure this is correct.

Love this DLC but i had a few questions about its future. In the future patches are more events and decisions that involve Germany a possibility? Also could it be possible to throw names on some of the improved models some names Interceptor VI and what not just doesn't do it for me :p. That could also apply to say i think it might have been SH Battleships it had the model name the h43 class or what not but the ship names were SH battleship 1. Would it be possible in the future when time permits to throw some random German names on them such as the names of provinces or city's. While on the topic of unit names i did notice if you start to build say a battleship but then stop it that name is lost forever.

Also in terms of bugs/ balance. I noticed as Germany when i took out France i had the entire western part under my control. However Italy had somehow managed to take most of french north Africa and a good portion of southern France. So when the Vichy event fired Italy was the occupier of North Western France as well as the Atlantic coast line. This most likely wouldn't have happened had i not had the majority of my forces tied down in a quagmire in Sweden/Norway as i guess Italy having taken more territory got the right to occupy those areas. Also the UK seems to love to have their units tucked down in areas south of Paris and every time France surrenders i have to play chase with a few straggler Brit units is there any way they can be booted back to UK's deployment pool? (tho this might be more of a HOI 3 issues in general.)

Some more issues of the minor sort are Finland joining the allies for some strange reason. I normally don't waste influence on them as in many mods i have played they join the Axis by event for the invasion of the USSR. Italy at times just runs wild in Africa and the middle east. By 1942 they had control of Egypt,most of trans Jordan and the UK's holding around their East African colony's. Not sure if the UK isn't sending enough units or what. Also i have seen it said before but i will also state that in my games China seems to get rolled with little effort by Japan. Who then seems to roll right threw India with little issues by 1943 but cant or wont launch any invasion of the Philippians or Indonesia (but they did take Guam) Other then these issues its really great just only hope for more events and decisions to come ( i am the kinda of player who likes a bunch of events and decisions even if they are flavor and don't have any major effect :) )

Also on a quick note if some of the mentioned issues are HOI 3 related and not to this DLC i am sorry. I haven't played standard HOI3 or SF in a long time. I mostly play the Mods I.C.E and August Storm and now of course this :)

Edit: I see you already are aware of the France/Italy Issue my bad

Last edited:
Here is my Great Great Germany in 1941:
Please note that I am a totally new to this game (played only around 2 hours with unmodded HOI3) so I had the supply system on arcade (shame on me :p) and played Normal.
http://www.abload.de/img/germany_1941vuny.png
(Just so you know: Yugoslavia, Hungary, Romania, Portugal, Bulgaria are axis members. That's the only reason why they still exist, mwhahahaha!)
I conquered all of Europe until 1938, then I stopped and in the beginning of 1940 I started the Invasion of England. Had a really hart time, conquered around 5 provinces then a stalemate until January 1941 when Italy joined in and then it was just a matter of time. Why it took so long is mainly because I played rubbish and didn't use the air force properly and because of the annoying stacking penalty (for example I had london surrounded and 220K men were attacking with 15.000 defending - it needed damn 4 months until it fell!)
Apart from that, just ignore the dissent etc. I'll restart the game and play "properly" anyway, I just wanted to conquer damn UK before!

What annoys me is how powerful italy is. Not only did they conquer France, a lot of Britain, crushed a lot of Britains navy but they also control Northern Africa now and have driven UK down south.

still probs with the events

I did a fresh install:
hoi3
SF
patch 204F (got this instead of E cause I think thats the latest)
dies irae mod

when occupying the rhineland i still get a window with EVENT xy unreadable
Dont know what to do else

edit: only thing i changed is copying my old setting.txt back

Posted this question already but in the wrong thread, so here once again - I'd like to use different flags for germany (the one you used yourself for the marine button in the production screen) + the one from the historical flag mod for japan but since u obviously created one big flag-file including all flags I can't find a way to get it workin - any suggestions?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work! :)

edit: @Kevin You obviously managed to get it workin - would you plz tell me how? ;)

edit2: Just realized the flagfiles.tga is always there, so ignore this part. Still can't get different flags workin - what dir do I have to modifiy? think I've overwritten all flags so far... Even I'm retarded atm or too tired :lol:

Last edited:
Here is my Great Great Germany in 1941:
Please note that I am a totally new to this game (played only around 2 hours with unmodded HOI3) so I had the supply system on arcade (shame on me :p) and played Normal.
http://www.abload.de/img/germany_1941vuny.png
(Just so you know: Yugoslavia, Hungary, Romania, Portugal, Bulgaria are axis members. That's the only reason why they still exist, mwhahahaha!)
I conquered all of Europe until 1938, then I stopped and in the beginning of 1940 I started the Invasion of England. Had a really hart time, conquered around 5 provinces then a stalemate until January 1941 when Italy joined in and then it was just a matter of time. Why it took so long is mainly because I played rubbish and didn't use the air force properly and because of the annoying stacking penalty (for example I had london surrounded and 220K men were attacking with 15.000 defending - it needed damn 4 months until it fell!)
Apart from that, just ignore the dissent etc. I'll restart the game and play "properly" anyway, I just wanted to conquer damn UK before!

What annoys me is how powerful italy is. Not only did they conquer France, a lot of Britain, crushed a lot of Britains navy but they also control Northern Africa now and have driven UK down south.

Agree. Italy is too strong.