• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I conquered the whole world with a single division. Just kidding. Wars start when I get home in about two hours.

Dec 1939:
I conquered Poland, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Romania and Greece (I started war in Sept. 39)
No problems with resources - only oil is forcing me to limit size of my tank army and airforce

problems:
Unable to start research of Barbarossa despite fact that I have border with USSR
No motorized AA
Spending 1000$ on olympic games seems too much
Franco lost SCW pretty badly

Pardon my complete ignorance, but what is Dies Irae: Gotterdammerung?

"You need to go into the HOI3 folder and look for HOI3.exe, this is the mod launcher. Here you can choose Dies Irae and play with it.

Or you can right click on your HoI3 in Steam, go to properties -> set launch options and add "-mod Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung" then launch the game to make it always use that DLC."

Too bad i dint see this before : /

The "Blomberg-Fritsch Affair" event just happened to me. The ministers involved were replaced automatically. However, I simply switched them again by the ministers I wanted. The ministers spots related to the event should be locked until the end of the event's effects, otherwise it doesn't change anything.

This was in vanilla and in many other mods.

Just pay it. You go into deficit but in one day that is gone. The only potential downside is that a trade or two might get cancelled due to you having no money. And before anyone asks this is how it was in vanilla.

..It's not in my vanilla game. I've never been able to upgrade troops to themselves?

Also, while yes, you may go into debt to pay for it, it's quite steep. $1000 within the first year (not to mention multiple that cost $100-250) is a bit much to ask. I'm not thinking a significant reduction is needed, maybe ~20% less for each. So 4,000 supplies for the HG Regiment, and $800 for the olympics? I don't know, haven't put a lot of thought into it. On the bright side, at least it forces you to make choices the way it is.

Not to mention, there were no sizable expenditures in vanilla. You never had a reason to be out of money. I like that money matters now.

That is something ONLY PI can fix. But the DLC requires some of those techs to be researched in order to get other techs and research. So the units don't benefit but you get other things.

There is one 'patch' out that has one SS unit but an official patch for those units won't come for a few weeks.

It says "CFP" in those quotes.. but I didn't make those comments? Lol.

I didn't delete the map cache when I did my install. Maybe that was it or maybe the Germans went all gay.

Is there actually supposed to be a new (ocean) map? I have the normal map.. with a sort of overlay on top of it. The overlay doesn't affect the standard sea provinces for me? I'll take a screenshot if this isn't the way it's supposed to be.

Devildread: Thanks! I'm going to be invading Poland (and maybe France) tonight, I'll make some more notes if I see anything odd. It's Dec. 1938 and my manpower is a little low (around 1,000 after Sudetenland, seemed like it was ~1500 in vanilla) but I don't think it's going to be a problem.

Last edited:
Aside from the option to make Afrika Korps produced units and making GB stronger this mod is perfect....My first campaign was so epic. I was playing as close to a historical game as I possibly can and launched Barbarossa. At first I was doing very well until the winter...I've never had more fun losing.

Great mod, this will keep the wait for FTM in the back of my mind for quite some time.

At the moment I am preparing for Barbarossa in 1940, the Invasion of Poland in July 39 went smooth as usual but france was a gigantic pushover, I garnisoned the Maginot-Line with 7 3x Inf+ 1x LArm Corps, but then I noticed that they had left one Province unoccupied, which enabled me to push into france while the Poland-Attack was still ongoing, France surrendered around 10 Days after Poland did, around 4 weeks into the war. Weserübung and the attack on Yugoslavia worked like they usually do. My attempts at performing sealion with the usual 2 Marine-Corps+ 1 Arm Corps failed horribly due to the garrisons the brits now finally use, but I think it will be doable, albeit challenging using a full Army or even Army Group.

Oddities I have noted thus far: The tooltip of the "Operation-Barbarossa"-Tech is misleading, it says "Neighbouring Country must be member of the Comintern" while in reality it is possible after SU has annexed the 3 baltic minors (or at the date this decision becomes available, can't say that).
The event which gives the Italian submarine-flotillas says leaded while it should be lead (at least I think so, but my knowledge of english is a bit rusty)
Operation Tannenbaum seems underpowered, as it lowers the neutrality of the USA by 50, which imo brings them to close to joining the allies in 1939 than I am willing to risk. Also the Boni are not THAT nice to justify such a gigantic risk, probably it's a typo and should mean 5?

The same problem of France leaving certain provinces unguarded along the Maginot Line also occurs in the HPP mod. I suspect it's one that's related to AI. And AI is hard-coded, something that cannot be changed until FTM is out.

I can't seem to add the Regiment General Göring to my Falls divisions. OTOH, I can add Falls brigades to my Regiment General Göring unit, so it's rather strange.

Also, RE: Battleship/BC classes, they are off, even with the Radar upgrade. What should be Scharnhorst is "Yorck" and what should be Bismarck class is "Bayern." Like the light cruiser situation, it's not a big deal, just minor flavor stuff.

Edit: The Slovakian "Army group" HQ in 'Louny' appears to be stuck. The AI tries to move it, then it stops.

Last edited:
The vanilla game has the same brigade numbering bug. It's not this DLCs problem. It's a bug that's been in since I've been playing (1.3 vanilla) so I doubt it's getting fixed.

Last edited:
The vanilla game has the same brigade numbering bug. It's not this DLCs problem. It's a bug that's been in since I've been playing (1.3 vanilla) so I doubt it's getting fixed.

The problem can be somehow mitigated by raising your units in a "parallel" fashion. Building them in serial seems to mess up the numbering scheme. I've come to notice that under serial construction, the 2nd unit will take up the same brigade name immediately after the deployment of the 1st unit.

The problem can be somehow mitigated by raising your units in a "parallel" fashion. Building them in serial seems to mess up the numbering scheme. I've come to notice that under serial construction, the 2nd unit will take up the same brigade name immediately after the deployment of the 1st unit.

I never build in serial, and still have the problem. Once the first "parallel" line finishes, the next set will always be messed up. It's pretty disappointing really, that something so simple has yet to be fixed.

Contrary to what most players have seen so far, I haven't experienced the excruciating shortage of money. It's Jun 1937 and my bank account is stuffed with cash. I have a healthy cash balance, with a daily gain of $3 per day. I do believe there's a need to nerf the resources produced within the German territory as there's simply too much coal and metal bouncing around... I have a hard time selling even half of my daily resources incomes to other countries.

If there is one thing that is in short supply, it's the leadership points. I'm struggling to juggle research and maintaining the officer ratio.

Thanks for the reports guys, keep going. As I said in the first post the plan for a patch is late may. The most bug report you make, the most perfect (about bugs and balance I mean) the DLC will be after only one patch. :)

I can't seem to add the Regiment General Göring to my Falls divisions. OTOH, I can add Falls brigades to my Regiment General Göring unit, so it's rather strange.

Also, RE: Battleship/BC classes, they are off, even with the Radar upgrade. What should be Scharnhorst is "Yorck" and what should be Bismarck class is "Bayern." Like the light cruiser situation, it's not a big deal, just minor flavor stuff.

Edit: The Slovakian "Army group" HQ in 'Louny' appears to be stuck. The AI tries to move it, then it stops.

Merging unit must be a vanilla bug, try with R or the merge button or anything else (be sure there are not in combat or redeploy delay too).
About the models this is mostly vanilla models. We'd love to have someone making a mod about the good models we could add in a patch. This is taking too long time and we are not expert so we decided not to change that over vanilla.
HQ thing is vanilla bug.

Brigade names are not supposed to be unique. There is a list where the game pick on construction but if the unit dies or if it exists already on the map (due to starting OOB or your renaming) there can be doubles. We can't do anything about that.

The ocean map should look like that ingame:
http://didays.derkb.de/downloads/DiesIrae/HoI3_20.jpg
http://didays.derkb.de/downloads/DiesIrae/HoI3_19.jpg

Does anyone else lack plane model names?

Devildread
are units meant to be automatically named or generically named? When I build my units I don't get any flavour units, just generic unit titles. I want my Gebirgsjager regiments and not Mtn Infantry 1. Was it intended to give newly raised units historical titles?

I have noticed that the german armoured divisions start the game (1936) with 3 awards. Is this WAD? By the way, I guess awards will be related with experience so, does that mean my armoured divisions start the game with 60 experience or so? How much experience is needed to get the next award?

By the way, what is the Luftwaffe infantry unit?

One more thing, although the very same problem was present in vanilla: The NUMBER of brigades is correct (for example, 1st artillery regiment, 2nd artillery regiment, then 3rd…) if you build them at the same time, but if you, for example, build 10 artillery brigades, and, after having finished, start building another 10 artillery brigades, number will overlap, so you end with two “1st artiller regiment”. Can this be fixed?

Devildread
are units meant to be automatically named or generically named? When I build my units I don't get any flavour units, just generic unit titles. I want my Gebirgsjager regiments and not Mtn Infantry 1. Was it intended to give newly raised units historical titles?

Mtn are a miss from me but the other units should be mtn-regiment 1, mot-regiment 1, inf-regiment 1 etc.
I can use the full names Gebirgsjäger, Infanterie (mot) etc. but this will mess up the technology popup since they use the same name than regiment so I keep the short ones.