• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If for flavour, someone MUST have the danish freikorps, just add one regiment @ 1/3 or 1/4 strength or less (if possible) and let the manpower pool replenish the strenght since we are give manpower, seems more realistic

Anyone here familiar with mods and Windows 7? In trying to help Devildread playtest DI:G 2.0 alpha, I need to remove a line of text from the .mod file in the mod folder. But the .mod file for some reason does not show up when using Vista/Windows 7. Any clues what to do? If I can't fix the one line of text the game crashes on launch and I can playtest to help get the new patch out faster :(

Anyone here familiar with mods and Windows 7? In trying to help Devildread playtest DI:G 2.0 alpha, I need to remove a line of text from the .mod file in the mod folder. But the .mod file for some reason does not show up when using Vista/Windows 7. Any clues what to do? If I can't fix the one line of text the game crashes on launch and I can playtest to help get the new patch out faster :(

use a non UAC protected directory or click at compatibility files.

Thanks! I will try looking there

EDIT: Most frustrating, not much help at all. Every reference on the internet says "just click on the 'show compatibility files' button" - but there isn't one :(

Last edited:
In folder view, click on Organize top left, go to Folder and View options, click View tab, and ensure Show hidden files, folders, and drives is selected. You can even uncheck Hide protected operating system files if for some reason it still doesn't show the file for you.

Gave up on fixing the 2.0 alpha game so here's more general DI:G 1.03 feedback from my present game:

TUNGSTEN
If it is not hard-coded who gets what in FtM, I would appreciate that Nationalist China receive Tungsten as a strategic resource. It was, as I linked to earlier, one of the reasons why Germany traded so much with China in the 20'es and 30'es.

LEND-LEASE ACT
I believe Nationalist China benefits from this even while in the Axis? If it is not too much of a bother, can we include something to check against this factor in the game events? Perhaps, if Nationalist China is in the Axis, USA might even consider aiding Japan instead? :D

FALL GELB:
Breakthrough in the Ardennes as per historical seems impossible because of massive delaying actions by scores of HQ units and a few infantry divisions (French and Belgian). From June 8 - June 23 I have only advanced as far as Arlon and Bastogne. Every time I push aside a blocking HQ, a new one takes its place for a few days/hours. I don't particularly mind this - I just have to find another strategy next time - but I am wondering if DI:G 2.0 will adopt FtM unit widths, where AFAIK HQ have zero width and therefore constantly withdraw from solo fights? I will be a major game changer in Fall Gelb I think (but one that I find more realistic).

Canadian troops as far as I can tell, are using USA sprites instead of British sprites. I have seen posts that this is the case in FtM as well, so it may be patched later.

In FtM the province of Caen in Normandy is Urban, while in DI:G it is Plains. I really hope it will remain Plains in the next DI:G edition, because I think it will be extremely hard for the Allies AI to do an amphibious landing in 1944 into Urban territory (and much harder to kick them out if they manage it :D).

Noticed something weird concerning the DI:G map in Netherlands: The road from Rotterdam to Den Haag is a rivercrossing, while the road in the opposite direction from Den Haag to Rotterdam is simply a road. I am not sure if this is WAD by Devildread to make defence of Den Haag easier for the Allies, but it did come as a nasty surprise to me when I tried to kick out 2 British armoured divisions that had reached Den Haag before me :D

There is a Belgian HQ named "Heeresgruppe 1". I have no idea what Army Group is called in Belgium but I doubt they used German unit titles?

And finally, well I guess I can't blame DevilDread for the French naval AI, but... :D
hoi3game2011-07-0123-19-45-57.jpg

EDIT: For some reason I can't make the screenshot bigger. It says: "French aircraft carrier CAG carried out airstrikes in Luxembourg - damaging ships!!" :D

Last edited:
There is a Belgian HQ named "Heeresgruppe 1". I have no idea what Army Group is called in Belgium but I doubt they used German unit titles?

This at least is WAD. There is no way (that I'm aware of) to get HOI to use different languages for different nations in game. As DI:G is a German immersion pack, it's written with German formation names. Therefore, whilst Belgium can be coded to start the game with HQs named in any language they choose (French, Flemish, Walloon, hell, even Klingon for all I care) if they create any more, they'll be named in German.

Now, you may well ask "why would Belgium ever need more than one army group?" - and the answer to that is "no idea."

EDIT: For some reason I can't make the screenshot bigger. It says: "French aircraft carrier CAG carried out airstrikes in Luxembourg - damaging ships!!" :D

That happened all the time in SF (with and without Di:G) as well. Many times Britain will use their CAGs to bomb rivers between France and Germany, doing naval strikes.

Two bugs in DI:G 1.03 (might be from standard Semper Fi):

1) After the annexing of Memel, the Lithuanian fleet sails around the Baltic Sea without being able to make port anywhere. By July 28th 1940 none of the Baltic States have been gulped up by Stalin yet.

2) When the "Victorious Rotterdam Blitz" event fires, there is no tooltip explaining the consequences of "Great Work Men!" - only a tooltip explaining the effects of "Victory is Ours"

About Operations Techs:
I started researching both Weserübung tech and Fall Gelb tech on January 2nd 1940 (because they are 1940 techs). It made no sense to me that Fall Gelb was complete in mid-april, while Weserübung took all the way into late May. On top of that, for Weserübung to have any effect, the ships need time to upgrade their transport capacity (or is this instant?). I would suggest making Weserübung either a lot faster to research in 1940 or make it a 1939 tech dependant on e.g. the fall of Warsaw into German hands. That will allow players to start researching it in the autumn of 1939 and actually get the primary use - the ability to declare war on Scandinavia before April 9th 1940 :)

I feel German manpower is far too low. I never build a 200 division invasion of Russia
as there are not enough MP to do this and defend Western Europe and I run out of
troops in 1942! My Russia invasion is usually only about 1.2 million men with 300,000
from Denmark to Spanish border and internal forces. No Norway invasion and minimal
internal forces tho alot of MPs to keep supply lines somewhat clear. How can you
up the MP in this mod?

there is a manpower+ option among the 4 Year Plans you can adopt in 1936. And there is a Foreign Wehrmacht Recruiting option also. And of course the usual techs: agriculture, first aid etc. to improve manpower, reduce casualties and attrition, increase trickleback etc.

did you try to make a new file? may be yours is missing. and you checked the rigth folder, especialy when you have more as 1 hoi installed you can easyly be in the wrong folder