• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just for weekend planning and if i have to get up early on saturday for DI ( with à headache of the beers on Friday night);-) : any possible change That we do have an alpha version (before) the weekend? Or ist this impossible due to absence of danaveng?grz

I think Paradox needs to get FTM fixed first. They are on their 3rd patch (maybe technically 4th) and are doing testing on it with player help. But there are some game breaking things with the current version that probably need to be pushed live before DD and DV can do their thing (to completeness) with Di:G

This. Sorry guyz. I can try to come up with an alpha but it won't be stable enough to be something else than frustrating (crashes and odd bugs).

Tiny request for future version of DI:G:

Can we please have the option to also make Super Heavy Battleships the Pride of the Fleet? :)

Thanks!

Will do. :)

I don't think this is necessary. SHBB shouldn't be a viable alternative IMO and making them upgrade will just make you build SHBB instead of BB. :)

I don't think this is necessary. SHBB shouldn't be a viable alternative IMO and making them upgrade will just make you build SHBB instead of BB. :)

Now I'm curious. You see, I'm fairly new to HOI, but I'm enjoying it immensely. However, this is one of the statements that I don't understand. What is the purpose of a SHBB if it's not upgradeable? Meant as a threat in the early years, but somewhat obsolete in the late years, because the (historical) sea warfare developed in another direction? Why should I build one if it's not viable? :)

This unit is redundant with regular BB, so Paradox made it not upgradable. If you can upgrade it, there is no use for the regular BB and SHBB will become the new BB. You see the logic?

SHBB were tons of metal and big guns specific to them. A valid course of action would be to make them have their proper 3 components to research and a very long time to build but this is not in the scope of this DLC about Germany. :)

You can easily mod it if you want, tho.

This unit is redundant with regular BB, so Paradox made it not upgradable. If you can upgrade it, there is no use for the regular BB and SHBB will become the new BB. You see the logic?

Then you might as well dump BB's and stick to BC's, no? Or dump BC's and stick to CA's, etc. etc.
SHBB = bigger guns = more IC investment... I think it's logical, and should be upgradeable with the rest.

Also, building huge steel battleships would be a very, very German thing to do. Weren't they planning on building one?

This. Sorry guyz. I can try to come up with an alpha but it won't be stable enough to be something else than frustrating (crashes and odd bugs).

I understand. On the other (marketing)hand (and for your income ;) ) it is good to support the minority in still playing your game and gain valuable reports for further building to a final version. At least everyone will be able try and will be involved. Now its a sort of "dead" with no potential in combination with FTM. (or place an "base version"and send some upgrades from time to time)
But if its not worth the time to make it a sort of playeble then its better to invest just in DI as you are doing at the moment.
Just a suggestion and do what you want to do with it ;)
Anyway: looking forward for it!

I have a question about Garrisons/MPs and suppression of revolt risk. Before starting war in 1939, I created several divisions that had 1 garrison and 3 Military Police units in them. I strategically deployed them important provinces that I conquered but it doesn't seem as though the revolt risk is going down any. Am I doing something wrong?

I noticed that in past versions of HOI, you had to specifically task the unit with suppression or something like that and it would work over time, but despite a few months going by, there hasn't been an improvement in my case.

I'm ready to launch Fall Gelb, but loaded the save as UK before that to make sure that my U-boats aren't butchering their merchant marine completely. Apparently not, they had hundreds of convoys left! I'll stop holding my subs back then :D

But I saw a couple of issues that IMO need attention:
1) UK had (May/1940) 20(!!) strategic bomber squadrons, and they are building five more, of which some were serial runs.
2) At the same time they have only 3 interceptor squadrons.
3) France has only about 120 infantry brigades, meaning roughly 40 infantry divisions. Seems very low. Although as reported before by Commander-DK(?), the Brits have sent a very strong BEF to France, about 15 divisions.
4) Denmark had ~6 divisions, isn't that quite high, considering that there wasn't much fightning before they surrendered to Germany IRL?

I solved the PBB bug!! :)

Turns out that the reason my PBB's were crappy in the Indian Ocean is that newly built PBB's in DI:G have a surface spotting of 0.80, while the existing Graf Spee, Deutschland and Admiral Scheer (who are doing a fine job off West Africa) have a surface spotting of 3.80!!

I don't know what is happening that causes new builds to have less surface spotting than the ones you start out with, but I am pretty confident, I have finally solved this. ;)

P.S. Screendumps can be provided if you need hard evidence :D

SHBB were tons of metal and big guns specific to them. A valid course of action would be to make them have their proper 3 components to research and a very long time to build but this is not in the scope of this DLC about Germany. :)

You can easily mod it if you want, tho.

Is any ships upgradeable? I dont see that in my FTM games so far?

PS: Hope you will help out Dr. Johnson on Black ICE too, so we can get his fast and good version up and working!

I'm ready to launch Fall Gelb, but loaded the save as UK before that to make sure that my U-boats aren't butchering their merchant marine completely. Apparently not, they had hundreds of convoys left! I'll stop holding my subs back then :D

But I saw a couple of issues that IMO need attention:
1) UK had (May/1940) 20(!!) strategic bomber squadrons, and they are building five more, of which some were serial runs.
2) At the same time they have only 3 interceptor squadrons.
3) France has only about 120 infantry brigades, meaning roughly 40 infantry divisions. Seems very low. Although as reported before by Commander-DK(?), the Brits have sent a very strong BEF to France, about 15 divisions.
4) Denmark had ~6 divisions, isn't that quite high, considering that there wasn't much fightning before they surrendered to Germany IRL?

1. & 2.
This is very likely a vanilla HOI/SF/FTM problem carried over if DD made any changes to the production ratios. I've been trying to make a personal mod for myself, I wanted to be able to rely on the AI to have a somewhat intelligent build scheme. But, it was not possible by just changing the production ratios and not on a global scale(I'm no coding wiz), I had to get a little creative with the ai_support_functions.lua and the USA.lua files. Thank goodness for Podcat' LUA AI exports, Lothos' LUA updates and Slan' HPP LUA, these guys are wizards.

Anyway, it seems that the AI only uses the production ratios contained in the LUA as a guidline(unless a ratio is set to 0). ie. It does not priortize by the weight of the individual ratios contained within each set(land, naval, air).

The only way I know of preventing the AI from overbuilding one specific unit is to give it a limit by altering an individual countries LUA or create one if one doesn't exist.

examples(based on the HPP LUA):

Code:
-- Only build 16 Destroyer!
function P.Build_Destroyer(ic, minister, destroyer, vbGoOver)
	local deployedUnits = minister:GetOwnerAI():GetDeployedSubUnitCounts()
	if deployedUnits:GetAt(CSubUnitDataBase.GetSubUnit("destroyer"):GetIndex()) < 16 then
		return Utils.CreateDivision_nominor(minister, "destroyer", 2, ic, destroyer, 1, vbGoOver)
	else
		return ic, 0
	end
end

-- Only build 8 Multi-Role!
function P.Build_MultiRole(ic, minister, multi_role, vbGoOver)
	if deployedUnits:GetAt(CSubUnitDataBase.GetSubUnit("multi_role"):GetIndex()) < 8 then
		return Utils.CreateDivision_nominor(minister, "multi_role", 2, ic, multi_role, 1, vbGoOver)
	else
		return ic, 0
	end
end

-- Only build 32 Infantry
function P.Build_Infantry(ic, minister, infantry_brigade, vbGoOver)
	if deployedUnits:GetAt(CSubUnitDataBase.GetSubUnit("infantry_brigade"):GetIndex()) < 64 then
		return Utils.CreateDivision(minister, "infantry_brigade", 2, ic, infantry_brigade, 2, Utils.BuildLegUnitArray(minister:GetCountry()), 2, vbGoOver)
	else
		return ic, 0
	end
end

I have a question about Garrisons/MPs and suppression of revolt risk. Before starting war in 1939, I created several divisions that had 1 garrison and 3 Military Police units in them. I strategically deployed them important provinces that I conquered but it doesn't seem as though the revolt risk is going down any. Am I doing something wrong?

I noticed that in past versions of HOI, you had to specifically task the unit with suppression or something like that and it would work over time, but despite a few months going by, there hasn't been an improvement in my case.

There is a minimal revolt risk you can't bypass. It is shown in the partisan tooltip. :)
This is not like HOI2 where there can be 0 unrest, here, even supressed people get angry. You shouldn't have much partisan spawn but it will slow down your supply. You can do anything about it.

Hello,

I just recently downloaded the DI:G DLC and the I.C.E. mod. Both have their own flavour and I can't decide, which I'll use primarily. I'm new to HoI 3 and played lots of HoI 2 back in the days. I like what the community is doing with the vanilla HoI 3.

I just have a brief report to my DI:G game. In 1936 Italy offered me an alliance while they were waging war with Ethopia. I accepted that proposal just to see that they did not join the axis and I was in an seperate alliance with that baldheaded Benito M. I didn't like that at all and loaded my last savegame and ignored the daily alliance proposals. Is this a known "issue" (i see it as a small one though).

By the way - for me as a HoI 3 Newbie. Is it better to let the AI handle the Armies? I am trying to capture the german structure of army group - army - korps - div. and the ai messes with my positioning and scatters all the corps around. Could you give me a few tipps or your opinions? thanks.

A nice weekend to you all.

I accepted that proposal just to see that they did not join the axis and I was in an seperate alliance with that baldheaded Benito M. Is this a known "issue" (i see it as a small one though).

I believe the alliance-offer-spam was an issue a few Semper Fi patches back, but was fixed in 2.04f. I am guessing you are playing some version like 2.04d or e?

There is a difference between alliances and being in the same FACTION (Axis, Allies, Comintern). For Italy and Mussolini to join your faction you need them to be close enough to your "corner" of the diplomacy triangle (the tooltip from your mouse will tell you how close). You can use trades to improve relations or direct diplomatic influence to speed it up. :)

DD, I was wondering about the operations Barbarosa tech. I researched it so that it would be ready in Jan of 1941. It was, but it said that the effects of lower SU org would only last until May 1st, 1941. So to use it at all I had to declare war on the SU sometime in March or April, sooner than I wanted to. But if I waited until May 1st or after the whole tech's advantage would be over.

Is that WAD? Am I supposed to time the completion of that operations' tech to the date I figure I will be invading? I was just hoping to have it avaliable early and usable when I wanted instead, but either way is good as long as I know what to expect.