• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
lol I mean the patch

This patch is still marked beta so wont be in Steam any time soon. I'm not even sure if it will ever be based on what I read here. I just make a copy of the HOI3 folder (from under my Steam folder), patch it to SF 2.04f, then apply the DI:G patch. To run the game, just launch hoi3.exe from the folder you copied over. You don't have to launch this one through Steam.

Yes my bad. I update that right now.

DI:G is compatible with either d e or f. :)

I recommend using f.

--edit: unrelated pic

HoI3_115.jpg

what screen resolution is your game set on for the above?

Is this the thread where I report that my Dies Irae crashes whenever I try and change a leader?
Also, where'd that flag come from?

Edit: Never mind, read back a few pages. All over it now

Hey, I am trying to put on some mods but i dont think they'll work for Dies Irae Götterdämmerung, so im trying to play the original Hearts of iron 3 through steam. But i cant play it, only semper Fi. Even if i go Steam/Steamapps/common/hearts of iron 3 i can only find the Semper Fi launcher.. :\
Any suggestions like maybe the set launcher options? Just dont know what it might be..

@SirCentipede: Please come up with suggested value. I am open to anything and I rely on your reports guys for the better balance as possible. :)

what screen resolution is your game set on for the above?

1280*1024, why?

So this is not the real patch? When does the real patch arrive...I am one of the guys that isnt savy enough to handle the beta!

I am sorry but I can't make official patches just like that. I am forced to wait until the patch is mature enough and then I will ask Paradox to contact everyone and patch the DLC. I am afraid it will take a lot of time.

Is this the thread where I report that my Dies Irae crashes whenever I try and change a leader?
Also, where'd that flag come from?

Edit: Never mind, read back a few pages. All over it now

Please read the first post of the thread, leader crash is explained.

Hey, I am trying to put on some mods but i dont think they'll work for Dies Irae Götterdämmerung, so im trying to play the original Hearts of iron 3 through steam. But i cant play it, only semper Fi. Even if i go Steam/Steamapps/common/hearts of iron 3 i can only find the Semper Fi launcher.. :\
Any suggestions like maybe the set launcher options? Just dont know what it might be..

Please read the first post of the thread, steam installation is explained.

bug 1.03 with vorwats panzer on GD

Hi I installed the last parch, i play 2.04d and use vorwars panzer.. Now i load and see the nice Pocket BB but the grossdeutschland and also brandenburg events are bugged. Pehaps its vorwarts panzer or its the new patch but the are stucked. Does anyone else have this? Great work btw, this mod rocks!

Hi I installed the last parch, i play 2.04d and use vorwars panzer.. Now i load and see the nice Pocket BB but the grossdeutschland and also brandenburg events are bugged. Pehaps its vorwarts panzer or its the new patch but the are stucked. Does anyone else have this? Great work btw, this mod rocks!

Vorwärts Panzers is not compatible with 1.03 yet.

DD, was the bug with "Wolves of the Atlantic" event not firing in loaded game fixed? It's gonna be pain in the butt to play all the way from '36 to '40 in one session when I have other things to do. :(

I don't know what this bug is. You don't need any event or anything to build submarines.

DD, here's a suggestion for your future patch work to the DLC.

Currently I find it rather strange that assault gun gives you armor practical on completion and that tank destroyer gives you artillery practical on completion. To the best of my knowledge, the primary use of assault guns is to provide direct fire support for advancing infantry in order to take out opposing infantry forces or fortified positions. Assault guns usually mounted the gun or howitzer in a fully enclosed casemate on a tank chassis. As such they are closer, imho, both in form and in functionality to SP Artilleries and should yield artillery practical instead. Tank destroyers, as the name implies, are armed with high velocity long barrel guns designed to disable tanks and should probably give you armor practical imho.

after bitter peace event an event fired that asked to give back the east part of poland to stalin. i could decline it, but why does that event fire when i just won the war in the east?

DD, here's a suggestion for your future patch work to the DLC.

Currently I find it rather strange that assault gun gives you armor practical on completion and that tank destroyer gives you artillery practical on completion. To the best of my knowledge, the primary use of assault guns is to provide direct fire support for advancing infantry in order to take out opposing infantry forces or fortified positions. Assault guns usually mounted the gun or howitzer in a fully enclosed casemate on a tank chassis. As such they are closer, imho, both in form and in functionality to SP Artilleries and should yield artillery practical instead. Tank destroyers, as the name implies, are armed with high velocity long barrel guns designed to disable tanks and should probably give you armor practical imho.

For those who want to read up on the differences between assault gun, tank destroyers, and SP-Artillery, I'd recommend the following link which has a pretty accurate historical description of each. A future improvement work could be done to rerate some of the defensiveness, toughness, softness, attack values, etc of these support brigades.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?485162-The-Difference-Between-Assault-Guns-SP-Artillery-and-Tank-Destroyers

after bitter peace event an event fired that asked to give back the east part of poland to stalin. i could decline it, but why does that event fire when i just won the war in the east?

Maybe Stalin was hoping you would be generous. He could perhaps launch an invasion from there... if he gets transit rights with Romania and Hungary or you! :D