• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't see it like that. ^^

I was paid for making the DLC on SF. In the salary was included a FTM compatibility. It is compatible since July (compatible doesn't mean bugfree), my job was done.
But I decided to continue for you guys, because I don't like bugs and because I want everything to be perfect. But I have no Paradox pression or anything, this is my choice, my work is done and I do the patching for free.

This is why I ask for patience, I don't have time to work on it h24 and I don't have time to playtest. Hence I need savegames, in order to fix the issues. Without savegames I can't fix most of the stuff.

So please, be patient and upload anything you find odd. That way you will have a perfect DIG one day. Not tomorrow, not the next week, but whenever I get some spare time I work on it. Next patch is planned for friday, but I would like to have this Sov surrender issue fixed before. So again, UPLOAD YOUR SAVEGAMES.

Words like "I paid 5 bucks I want everything to be perfect NOW" won't work on me. It just makes me sad.

That is why I recommend your DLC together with HoI3 whenever anyone asks me for this sort of game.

Also, your continuous support to the DLC entitles you to a couple of free beers if you ever come to Portugal :p (just let me know! :D)

Something I've wanted to ask for some time:

Does the AI get a bonus for detecting German subs? In several games I noted how easily the AI seems to find sub fleets, even if they only consist of two U-Boats. Usually I'm down to my reserve fleets within four weeks after "Danzig or war" (losing several admirals that way). At the same time I'm trying endlessly to destroy the French and British subs which are circling in and out of the Heligoland Bay with destroyers and NAV bombers, being lucky if I can attack them once.

I need savegames guys. I have no dedicated QA testing team and without your help I won't be able to fix everything.

This is a 5€ DLC, not a 60€ game (and I can find some full games with less support than I give to this DLC!). I am not paid for fixing stuff and I do this in my spare time for your entertainment. Please be patient.

It is unlikely that there is any .exe soon.

Did not know you need one for this issue but here you are.
Just run a few hours (paratroopers are just send from stalingrad to victory point).
did try it with different wargoals but does not matter.
If any questions, please let me know. Nevertheless i appreciate your efforts on DI very much!! when you make a new DLC i definitely will buy it to support your work. thx again!

mmm but now i see an issue... i am not able to upload a save game as there is no attachment tool in this screen... please email me and i will send you the attachment. (send you private mail with mailaddress)

Also notice the diplomatic map. is this the way it needs to be?

Last edited:
mmm but now i see an issue... i am not able to upload a save game as there is no attachment tool in this screen... please email me and i will send you the attachment. (send you private mail with mailaddress)
If you press "go advanced" you will be able to post attachments:)

Here's a save just before Bitter Peace fires (or should fire). I went pretty a-historical so I'm not at war with the allies, but no cheats were used.
In my game when Bitter Peace fired both mongolia and Tuva became my puppets, Finland got it's old territories back, but I was left with nothing. :(

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WG4RITC1

edit: Did a second try with "drang nach osten" wargoal selected, and now the surrender fired correctly.

Last edited:
I'm a bit further on with my game and now I've hit another problem - provinces in both Germany and Italy are randomly switching over to UK control. There don't seem to be any units in the provinces, so I can't see how it's any sort of subterfuge or resistance.

View attachment 40505

That happens when the UK places an air-transport inside a strategic bomber formation and has paratrooper division inside. When that formation starts bombing your provinces they switch over to UK without the paratroopers leaving the plane.
Only solution I've found was to load up as UK and deleted the transport.

That happens when the UK places an air-transport inside a strategic bomber formation and has paratrooper division inside. When that formation starts bombing your provinces they switch over to UK without the paratroopers leaving the plane.
Only solution I've found was to load up as UK and deleted the transport.

LOL! That's quite a bug (presumably from FTM and not DIG?). The problem is, if I try and load the game as UK or some other country in DIG, it usually crashes the game.

Edit: Actually if I recall there was a paratrooper division in one of the pockets. Unfortunately for them they happened to be in the path of my II Panzerkorps as they drove to help fight off yet another attempted invasion. :D Hopefully that will sort the problem.

Last edited:
Hi! I have 2 questions about Dies Irae:

- Do conditions need to out me of the Blue Division, the Indische events division and divisions Croats and others?

- Steam says that it will be compatible with FTM, anyone know any possible departure of the compatibility patch date?

Thanks and great job Devildread ;)

Correct! had same results (diday has my savegame now).

Here's a save just before Bitter Peace fires (or should fire). I went pretty a-historical so I'm not at war with the allies, but no cheats were used.
In my game when Bitter Peace fired both mongolia and Tuva became my puppets, Finland got it's old territories back, but I was left with nothing. :(

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WG4RITC1

edit: Did a second try with "drang nach osten" wargoal selected, and now the surrender fired correctly.

I just installed DIG and it wont go past 17:00 jan 1 1936 whwer it will crash to desktop. Im not sure what is causing this to happen.

Bug report: played a game today and with that weird german named war goal against the soviets, when my demands were enforced the soviets kept some random provinces next to poland and such.
I think I saw this bug mentioned before...

If necessary I can upload the savegame or a screenshot.

Bug report: played a game today and with that weird german named war goal against the soviets, when my demands were enforced the soviets kept some random provinces next to poland and such.
I think I saw this bug mentioned before...

If necessary I can upload the savegame or a screenshot.

Upload the save game before and after when ya can. That is 99% of the time what DD is looking for when you find a bug.

^ he said it.

With all the savegames I got I will be able to work out a finale (finaly!) patch during the week end, then I wait a few days of reports from you and I'll send it to Steam, GG ans such. I can't promise anything tho, as I already sent a patch for Common Weapons to Gamersgate in 2010 and they didn't put it so...

i finally got dies irae to load to the main menu however the main menu ends up blank everytime with only the writing in the bottom left corner telling you what version/ mod you are using showing up. how do i fix this? i cant even see the buttons to get into the game.