• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DD,

Man-oh-man... What can be done? It is 18 October 1940 I have finished off Europe and got England on hold. I have driven deep into the SU, almost to Moscow. Sevastopol, Rostov,Kursk. Kharkov, and Minsk to name a few have all fallen. I am pushing for War Goals of Drang Ost and/or West Russia. I have guaranteed Finland's independence but in no alliance with them. Finland is at war with SU. I signed no Pact with SU. I can't remember but believe SU declared war on me, probably due to Finland. I'm probably having my BEST game ever and can't do anything wrong. I have just encircled and eliminated 2 huge forces, probably ~150 divisions. The SU got to be hurting. Then the Annexation of the Baltic countries fires and WHAM! Everything goes red all the way back to the Polish border and all my troops are deep behind enemy lines and it says Finland and I now have a truce with SU. What happened? Can anything be done? I really don't want to start over... I suppose I could remove the Annexation event but... But, what happened? I repeat, I did not sign a Pact with Stalin. - Rick
PS (Edit) - I can't even find the Annexation event to remove or edit it out! AAAIIIIEEEEE!!!!

Last edited:
I believe there already is an event for BEF in France. I always see a good amount of Brit troops given to France and Belgium, etc when im running around destroying France.

Really? I don't think I have seen any British troops helping France in any of my games in FTM. In my last game the Brits didn't help until after France fell. They did launch an impressive invasion soon after, but it was still too little too late to make a real impact. Without British help before the German invasion the whole French campaign is far too easy- especailly witht he French AI moving most of its forces behind the Maginot Line. Can anyone confirm if there is an event for the BEF? If so what % does it have to fire? As I said I have never seen this happen in any of my games.

DD,

Man-oh-man... What can be done? It is 18 October 1940 I have finished off Europe and got England on hold. I have driven deep into the SU, almost to Moscow. Sevastopol, Rostov,Kursk. Kharkov, and Minsk to name a few have all fallen. I am pushing for War Goals of Drang Ost and/or West Russia. I have guaranteed Finland's independence but in no alliance with them. Finland is at war with SU. I signed no Pact with SU. I can't remember but believe SU declared war on me, probably due to Finland. I'm probably having my BEST game ever and can't do anything wrong. I have just encircled and eliminated 2 huge forces, probably ~150 divisions. The SU got to be hurting. Then the Annexation of the Baltic countries fires and WHAM! Everything goes red all the way back to the Polish border and all my troops are deep behind enemy lines and it says Finland and I now have a truce with SU. What happened? Can anything be done? I really don't want to start over... I suppose I could remove the Annexation event but... But, what happened? I repeat, I did not sign a Pact with Stalin. - Rick
PS (Edit) - I can't even find the Annexation event to remove or edit it out! AAAIIIIEEEEE!!!!

No one has any ideas about why this happened? The only thing I can think of is 1) The annexiation of the Baltics just happened about the same time as the Truce. 2)Finland made a truce with SU which somehow included me (Germany) but why the borders went all the way back to start of hostilities? Finland did get it's country back as 2/3 of it was occupied and now the Soviets are scrambling to get out of Finland. I just don't understand why SU and Finland could make a deal and Germany got cut out of it. Next time, Finland is on it's own. No more Mr. Nice Guy. BTW Anyone know where the Baltics Annex event is located? - Rick

Last edited:
Really? I don't think I have seen any British troops helping France in any of my games in FTM. In my last game the Brits didn't help until after France fell. They did launch an impressive invasion soon after, but it was still too little too late to make a real impact. Without British help before the German invasion the whole French campaign is far too easy- especailly witht he French AI moving most of its forces behind the Maginot Line. Can anyone confirm if there is an event for the BEF? If so what % does it have to fire? As I said I have never seen this happen in any of my games.

In most of my games I see the Brits popping up on the Maginot line, even the odd Canadian or Kiwi. So it does happen.

@hoikof Thats the point of this mod. German perspective. You arent suppose to play anybody else.

@King_Nothing He is waiting for the new HOI3 patch to come out, thats when DI:G will be patched up and completed i believe

One other thing. When Op. Barb starts is there a chance to get an event that gives Rumanian troops to Germany? That would be nice to have that small Rumanian and Italian armies in the South helping push toward Odessa and Svestapool.

MOre events like this should fire, like the Korps from Spainm and the Freikorps from Denmark. Perhaps even an army from Finland? (All the historica armies from other countires should be covered in events)

@hoikof Thats the point of this mod. German perspective. You arent suppose to play anybody else.

@King_Nothing He is waiting for the new HOI3 patch to come out, thats when DI:G will be patched up and completed i believe

One other thing. When Op. Barb starts is there a chance to get an event that gives Rumanian troops to Germany? That would be nice to have that small Rumanian and Italian armies in the South helping push toward Odessa and Svestapool.

MOre events like this should fire, like the Korps from Spainm and the Freikorps from Denmark. Perhaps even an army from Finland? (All the historica armies from other countires should be covered in events)

I to support this a certain exent, Hungry as well would be nice as the Germans by 1944 defacto controlled all these armys, in fact some of them held out longer than standard units.

If they were evnt decsions in the deplomacy tab then you could have the option to ignore them if you don't like them!

soo call me noob, which I am, but Im under the impression you cannot play Dies Irae with FTM 3.05? Seeing as mine freezes everytime on map-sprites, but will run FTM without a hitch.. help?

You have to download and install the latest beta patch for FTM or it won't start.

Edit: I should make this clearer. You need the beta patch for Dies Irae for the game to start. You don't need to get FTM 3.06.

You have to download and install the latest beta patch for FTM or it won't start.

Edit: I should make this clearer. You need the beta patch for Dies Irae for the game to start. You don't need to get FTM 3.06.

best way to help people if you aren't sure of the info you posses is to point them in the right direction

- Install FTM and patch 3.05
- Be sure the DLC installed
- Download Dies_Irae_Gotterdammerung_beta_2.06
- Extract it to the FTM \mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder (if you're not sure, see below for extracting-101)
- Overwrite when prompted (the archive files should replace the Dies Irae ones)

Well now im having some more issues. I've downloaded and patched FTM to 3.05. Downloaded and installed DI but Im having some real difficulty with the patch. I've followed the instructions to the point and still it doesnt patch. The extractor will even copy the whole way and never report an error yet I still never see a change. lost and pissed off, help please

Hearts of Iron 3 collection and DI:G

So i bought this DLC and got HOI 3 Collection. Whenever i download it (via Gamersgate) and try to install it it immediately quits with the message 'Hearts of Iron 3 is not installed'.
What do i do?

So i bought this DLC and got HOI 3 Collection. Whenever i download it (via Gamersgate) and try to install it it immediately quits with the message 'Hearts of Iron 3 is not installed'.
What do i do?

redownload the hoi3 CC, as the installer for the collection was borked (missing regersrty set up) it has nothing to do with DIG

Announcement: 3.06 version of the DI:G DLC will be available on late june, early july.

No new features planned but some rework due to the new map.