• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
C'est dommage

I had hoped to play a FTM historical german historical game during my holiday
- Common weapons of WW2 has no real events, the SS units are modeled but not event-produced
- Dies irae has no SS at all,
I guess i will have to wait next holiday to play a FTM ICE historical game then

You have a working alpha patch in the second post of this thread.

The beta patch will be in september. The finale one will be after the finale Paradox Patch.
I am working on Paradox beta patches so I don't want to spend too much time fixing stuff that might be fixed by Paradox at the end of the day. The alpha patch is working and a lot of people seem to enjoy it. It's enough for me. :)

Agreed, alpha patch is working well enough. we can survive without the Condor Legion. Maybe make post of the few known issues and add this to the alpha patch link. Great work as usual Devildread. Paying for your work is an absolute good!

Hi everyone, here's a little summer news from the silent part of the tiny DI:G team. :)

For anyone interested, an optional graphical update is under construction for DI:G. It's not a patch, as it changes the way brigade images look (instead of the soldiers it has full body images of soldiers, panzers and so on), and some people might not want it. So it will be an optional mod for anyone who'd like it. Here's an image to demonstrate. :)

View attachment 38639

It would be great to hear if anyone would be interested in such a gfx pack, so I know if it's worth the work to do all the models or not. :)

-Danevang

PS: As this is a mod being done in my spare time there's no ETA yet, as I've got several other projects on the drawing board. ;) Also, I'll be without a steady internet access in the coming week or so (I'm moving on monday!), so I won't be able to answer any questions quite as fast as I'd like. I'll try to check the forum as often as I can though. :)

Hi everyone, here's a little summer news from the silent part of the tiny DI:G team. :)

For anyone interested, an optional graphical update is under construction for DI:G. It's not a patch, as it changes the way brigade images look (instead of the soldiers it has full body images of soldiers, panzers and so on), and some people might not want it. So it will be an optional mod for anyone who'd like it. Here's an image to demonstrate. :)

View attachment 38639

It would be great to hear if anyone would be interested in such a gfx pack, so I know if it's worth the work to do all the models or not. :)

-Danevang

PS: As this is a mod being done in my spare time there's no ETA yet, as I've got several other projects on the drawing board. ;) Also, I'll be without a steady internet access in the coming week or so (I'm moving on monday!), so I won't be able to answer any questions quite as fast as I'd like. I'll try to check the forum as often as I can though. :)

Excellent, I am wondering would you consider adding a counter mod to this gfx pack?

C'est dommage

I had hoped to play a FTM historical german historical game during my holiday
- Common weapons of WW2 has no real events, the SS units are modeled but not event-produced
- Dies irae has no SS at all,
I guess i will have to wait next holiday to play a FTM ICE historical game then

There is a sub-mod for DIG (Vorwärts Panzers!) that has the units you want. An upgrade for it to work with FTM and the DIG alpha (created for FTM) should be avaliable in time:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...5-Sub-mod-for-Dies-Irae-quot-Vorwärts-Panzers!

It already has a version that works well with SF DIG beta version if you can't wait.

View attachment 38639

-Danevang

Wow. Those do look good.

Need to add German glider bombs (very devestating to warships) and tank
buster special upgrade (an upgrade of the JU87) to make it more deadly and
cause more strength loss to armor, mech, and motorized. Also change the
Rudel leader to the most deadly tankbuster. He single handed destroyed around
1000 Russian armored vehicles and sank a battleship. Shot down 5 times i believe
and always made it back to the cockpit after recouping from injuries. The special
tankbuster for Britain would be a Typhoon special and for the US a P38/P47 upgrade.
Russia has the IL2 but i am unsure its as deadly against armor as it should be.

View attachment 38639

-Danevang

Very nice

Awesome work Danevang :)

Will these also change according to experience like the previous ones?

Perhaps you could try out some different setups, like different backgrounds, multiple soldiers...

View attachment 38639

-Danevang

i like it much better!

View attachment 38639

-Danevang

Big fan. Interested in this. Would write more but I just deleted dozens of lines I had written by hitting the back button.

One suggestion - mapcounters with pictures. Other counters are too small, but mapcounters are DEFINITELY doable (I have modded this myself, but I don't have your amazing gfx talents). I can provide samples. I would say this would add A LOT to the appeal of DIG. Vanilla mapcounters are not impressive, and the pictures add so much to immersion. Keep up the amazing work guys!

Playing FTM+3.04 and having fun so far. Excellent work!
Nonetheless it seems, that several countries have no neutrality like NSpain and Brazil f.e. which are inviteable to faction as soon as they are close enough.
Also suppression does not work correctly it seems - A MP and 2 Garrison suppression unit has just 1.4 suppression in my game. Additionally the values are not even deducted in the calculation - have the same sum regardless of troops around or not.
Dunno if those problems were reported already or if it is specific in my game - will post any other inconsistencies I stumble upon as I advance.

After playing August Storm 0.155 I have a suggestion to improve Dies Irae: Using the Navel-Battle-mechanics from Augst Storm Capitalships could sunk effectively, so the fight with the RN rocks.
And I like their strategic effects for manpower and money. Getting a benefit from being tight-fisted is nice.

The new graphics from Danevang looks great. I hope they will make it to the game, because never liked this baby-doll soldier.

Playing FTM+3.04 and having fun so far. Excellent work!
Nonetheless it seems, that several countries have no neutrality like NSpain and Brazil f.e. which are inviteable to faction as soon as they are close enough.
Also suppression does not work correctly it seems - A MP and 2 Garrison suppression unit has just 1.4 suppression in my game. Additionally the values are not even deducted in the calculation - have the same sum regardless of troops around or not.
Dunno if those problems were reported already or if it is specific in my game - will post any other inconsistencies I stumble upon as I advance.

Neutrality I don't know, I'll look into it.
Suppression have a minimal revolt value, you can't go under it no matter how many troops you put in the province. This is WAD.

After playing August Storm 0.155 I have a suggestion to improve Dies Irae: Using the Navel-Battle-mechanics from Augst Storm Capitalships could sunk effectively, so the fight with the RN rocks.
And I like their strategic effects for manpower and money. Getting a benefit from being tight-fisted is nice.

The new graphics from Danevang looks great. I hope they will make it to the game, because never liked this baby-doll soldier.

The Naval Combat has changed greatly in FTM and will change in the incoming patch, so let's wait. :)

Awesome work Danevang :)

Will these also change according to experience like the previous ones?

Perhaps you could try out some different setups, like different backgrounds, multiple soldiers...

With xp the medals will still work, but nothing else. The reason the soldiers could change during xp is that they shared the same face, in the same place on the brigade image. With a lot of vehichle and soldier models, that's just not possible. About backgrounds, doing multiple backgrounds takes much much longer for all these units, so I won't do that, as this is a project for my spare time, and I'd like to see it actually finished at some point. :)