• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Japan's performance in China needs to be improved!

It's planned as a part of CommunityMapProject (see my sig) which I'll include in the next patch.

Please include an event to invite Bulgaria to the Axis!

I will. Actually I will try to make something less obvious than an event, something like Bulgaria drifting toward axis if its neighbors are axis.

So, any idea when that 3.06 might appear?

No idea, sorry.

I will. Actually I will try to make something less obvious than an event, something like Bulgaria drifting toward axis if its neighbors are axis.

Thanks! The last game I played I did everything I could to get them in, and couldn't. I used spies to "support my party," influence, and trade. By the time I finished the game my party wasn't strong enough for a coup, and they were firmly in the Axis part of the triangle, but their neutrality was to high to invite them.

Thanks! The last game I played I did everything I could to get them in, and couldn't. I used spies to "support my party," influence, and trade. By the time I finished the game my party wasn't strong enough for a coup, and they were firmly in the Axis part of the triangle, but their neutrality was to high to invite them.

Yeah. The problem right now isn't that they don't drift fast enough, but that they either have a too high neutrality or that you can't generate enough threat for them to be able to join. But that's actually a problem of the vanilla version.

Yeah. The problem right now isn't that they don't drift fast enough, but that they either have a too high neutrality or that you can't generate enough threat for them to be able to join. But that's actually a problem of the vanilla version.

Yes; it is the neutrality that's the problem. An event is needed to reduce that, or she will never join the Axis.

Hi DD!

And, thanks for letting me know about the map.

I only play DIG and I play it all the time and have no complaints. I imagine there are a few bugs somewhere but I haven't come across them. Wish I could assist but have nothing to report. - Rick

Ok , can anyone assist please :-

I have the HOI3 collection ( vanilla + SF + FTM ) patched to 3.05 and have just downloaded DI:G from Gamersgate.

However the GG installer keeps stating that "Hearts of Iron 3 not installed" and in the GG temporary files folder all I have is a127mb file marked "launch" with no means to run and extract the mod files.

I know other people have had the same or similar problem - what is the solution please ( if there is one ).

Many thanks

DavidR

Ok , can anyone assist please :-

I have the HOI3 collection ( vanilla + SF + FTM ) patched to 3.05 and have just downloaded DI:G from Gamersgate.

However the GG installer keeps stating that "Hearts of Iron 3 not installed" and in the GG temporary files folder all I have is a127mb file marked "launch" with no means to run and extract the mod files.

I know other people have had the same or similar problem - what is the solution please ( if there is one ).

Many thanks

DavidR

i sent in a ticket about this to GG, aparently it was paradox's fault that the collection dosn't create the regerstryis the game needs. i was told that i had to uninstall, redownload the collection, as there is a copy of the installer up that fixes the game.

haven't tried it as my other computer has HOI3 from impulse so i ran DIG on that and installed to a blank file and zipped it for later use

nimrod 123,

Thanks for the info , unfortunately I have a physical copy of the HOI3 collection ( not a download ) that I bought from a
store therefore I cannot re-download the collection from GG.The GG download which states that "HOI3 is not installed" is erroneous.

Has anyone who also has a physical copy managed to get DI:G downloaded and working , if so, how?

DavidR

My "Bugs", DIG new version, cmp 1.4., no mods..., the only ahistorical thing i influenced Venezuela:

Italy NEVER! joins the axis... never, ever... no matter what i do...
Japan always loses the war... they never won in 2.06 (out of supplies and stuff)

Yesterday i got a funny one... CTD restart the game, take the last autosave... 2 days after i am in a truce with all allied and COMintern nations oO.

When i declare yugoslavia the war and hungary f.e. has mostly of the territory, independent croatia event/decision doesnt encour.

Still no luck with this mod. It fails at initialising maplogic with a runtime error. Has done so for the previous several patches. I am fairly confident I followed the instructions above, including trying a new unzip software... the one listed above.

Okay guys, I'm listening. What is wrong with Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung 2.06?

Hi Devildread! Haven't been around since last summer but this weekend I took up Hoi3, FTM and DI:G again, so I have been playing a new game from Jan 1936 until May 1938. These are my observations:

BUGS
- Neutrals do not provide me with Strategic Resources, even when they are completely in my corner and the tooltip says that by now they should do so? Got no Tungsten from Portugal, nor Oil Refinery from Romania :sad:

- The 3 initial Pocket Battleships have a surface detection of 5, but when I build extra ones, they have a surface detection of only 2?? If you recall, I did a lot of playtesting last summer and reported this bug before. It means that independent convoy raider Pocket Battleships are unable to spot the convoys and thus just sail around endlessly...

RANDOM WEIRDNESS, maybe WAD
- All the engineers in the German panzer divisions and panzer HQ at the start of the game have 80 EXP?

- The black/white photo of the CAG in 1936 is of a Stuka as far as I can tell, but the model type is said to be a Hs-123?

- Immediately after Japan declares war in 1937 all of the Chinese states except the communists start aligning themselves with the Allies! :eek:hmy: Quite a blow to me, since I was aiming at getting Nat. China into the Axis and I had been supplying them with lots of stuff for years.

- Even though France did not do anything, the whole world felt threatened by them?? Most countries in Europe and South America has a French threat of about 5-10, but Nationalist Spain has a French threat of 109!! :blink:

- China may be getting too powerful from the "Stronger Sino-German Agreement" (the one with air support). After 3/4 year of fighting, the front at Shanxi has moved 1 province deep (in both directions at once) and there is complete stalemate. Japan does not land in Guangxi Clieque or do any of the stuff they used to do in vanilla HOI3... They just sit there.

- The Medium and Long Range Sub Techs are 1938 and 1937, but the conning tower techs are both 1936?

OTHER OBSERVATIONS
- It is too difficult to bring about the Anschluss with spies. After more than 26 months of espionage, I got the Anschluss 1½ months before the historical date, at a time when they neither had the Political Crisis flag, nor a NSDAP org/pop of more than 20 (it must be 50). I have NO clue what caused it, but it seems a waste of spies, frankly...

- I was glad to experience that the trade system for good relations with Romania and Norway finally seems balanced (they no longer cancel deals constantly). Unfortunately, if you trade with the Soviets, have the Sino-German Agreement, the Norwegian-Sweden Steel, the Romanian Oil and Göring's 4-Year Plan with Resources, it is extremely easy to stockpile Rare Materials and Metals to over 50K by early 1938 (and later comes more deals with the Soviets). My point is, that metal still seems too accessible. By mid-1937, I was self-supplying and had no need for any imports of any kind. I just imported Rares and Crude Oil. So I had an idea about the whole Swedish Iron Ore / Narvik port to make it more important in the game: Instead of making it related to the Metal resources (which can be quite easy to get from mainland Europe), how about enforcing a new Strategic Effect which says that without access to a friendly Norway/Narvik, Germany suffers a -5% or -10% production rate on Automotive and Shipbuilding to reflect the lack of quality iron? It would be sort of a negative version of a Strategic Resource almost? No bonus if you have it - but a big penalty if you do not? Just a suggestion!

:) Jesper

I just downloaed the game and tried my 1st attept at it. Italy r my allies right from the start. Even before i start the game running italy r in the Axis. I got tottally over run by feb 36 by france and poland. As soon as i reoccupied the rhineland France Britain and poland DOW me and steam rollerd me as i havent even had a chance to get my units in position. I only managed to get 1 div into the rhineland when war started. It only took 2 weeks for me to be completly destroyed. 1 French div defeated a full corps minus arm as i hadnt had a chance to build any. I stared the sub research from day 1. The event triggered at the start. But it would not let me choose if i wanted quality or quanatity for the subs.

BUGS
- Neutrals do not provide me with Strategic Resources, even when they are completely in my corner and the tooltip says that by now they should do so? Got no Tungsten from Portugal, nor Oil Refinery from Romania :sad:

Can´t confirm that. Works perfectly in my games.
OTHER OBSERVATIONS
- It is too difficult to bring about the Anschluss with spies. After more than 26 months of espionage, I got the Anschluss 1½ months before the historical date, at a time when they neither had the Political Crisis flag, nor a NSDAP org/pop of more than 20 (it must be 50). I have NO clue what caused it, but it seems a waste of spies, frankly...

Can´t tell about the Anschluss, but it still buggers me that the US will join the Allies after Pearl Harbor though they are ruled by the german-american Bund. (What logical reason there might be for Japan to attack the US under theese circumstances is another question that puzzles me...) So, there seems not much use in using spies on other countries...

In my 1939 started game I have some little problems

Italy, Romania and Bulgaria are "overpowered" (they have too much Divisions): The Russian have stopped my assault between Leningrad and Moscow, but in Southern Ukraine these "three power nations" breakthrough and have reached the Turkish border.

Holiday in Karelia The Red Army have several dozens of Divisions in Karelia. Enough for an attack against Norway or my "Heeresgruppe Nord". They do nothing - maybe they are waiting for a the war declaration of Finnland?

"No Africa-Korps-Feeling" Its like the Great War 1914-18 in Africa, no offensive movement - only two waiting big Armies and btw: The "Egypthian Partizans" and a mot. Division defeated 3 good German Africa Divisions (without Air Support or supply problems) - a miracle!

All in all I love the Mod.
Is it true or a rumor that the Devs working on a USA-Mod?

In my 1939 started game I have some little problems

Italy, Romania and Bulgaria are "overpowered" (they have too much Divisions): The Russian have stopped my assault between Leningrad and Moscow, but in Southern Ukraine these "three power nations" breakthrough and have reached the Turkish border.

Holiday in Karelia The Red Army have several dozens of Divisions in Karelia. Enough for an attack against Norway or my "Heeresgruppe Nord". They do nothing - maybe they are waiting for a the war declaration of Finnland?

"No Africa-Korps-Feeling" Its like the Great War 1914-18 in Africa, no offensive movement - only two waiting big Armies and btw: The "Egypthian Partizans" and a mot. Division defeated 3 good German Africa Divisions (without Air Support or supply problems) - a miracle!

All in all I love the Mod.
Is it true or a rumor that the Devs working on a USA-Mod?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...Dies-Irae-Stars-and-Stripes-Developer-Diary-1

:)

On my game last week i saw some bugs.
-My enemies are not using the all the IC. They are wasting sometimes half or even more of there IC´s. I have a fresh installation and the right checksum.
-It is too easy. I have played on very hard level and set only objects to the Armygroups (Heeresgruppe Nord, Mitte and Süd) but had no problems to push the Soviets back to the Ural on 1942.
-The Western allies try to land in France, Belgien and Norway in 1940 with small Groups. At this time it is stupid because it is easy to eliminate this Armys. When i started the war against the SU i saw only one landing. The western allies should not try to land before 1942 to have a chance to be successfully.
-I think there is also a bit too much leadership for Germany.
But it is a great mod. Thanks for your great work.