• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does Lothos lua work for the Sf version? or will DD incorporate it? In the last 5 or so pages the thread is directed to FTM version What is the status of the SF version?

I keep getting branderburg comandos event even tho I have like 10 of em already Is there a limit on to it??

Last edited:
Just a question. I'm allied with Nationalist China and at war with Japan. USA has republicans in power with a neutrality near 80. They get "Day of Infamy" and suddenly they're at war with me. Japan is in the Allies, why is the US DoW'ing me? Alignment wise the US is midway between UK and me, so not strongly aligned either way. We had good relations too. Is this WAD or just a weird error?

Just a question. I'm allied with Nationalist China and at war with Japan. USA has republicans in power with a neutrality near 80. They get "Day of Infamy" and suddenly they're at war with me. Japan is in the Allies, why is the US DoW'ing me? Alignment wise the US is midway between UK and me, so not strongly aligned either way. We had good relations too. Is this WAD or just a weird error?

More precisely - what is "me"? What country?

hi i am playing germany, just forced bitter peace, and yet, there are a few provinces near the polish border, probably about 10 random ones, that are not under my control, but still under soviet control.? They are now starting to deploy troops... where are the save games that show me how to edit provinces into my control, and how do i do this once i find the save game.

Hoi3 3.05 + Dies Irae: IYIC

I installed dies irae to 3.05 FTM and downloaded the patch for dies irae to enable it to become compatible with this version of FTM and it still does not work. everytime i start up dies irae it loads up to initializing maplogic then a popup comes up saying this: File exception:
Exception in: discfile.ccp, line: 433. Description: Could not open file: mod\Dies_irae_Dotterdammerung\map/trees.txt

What does this mean and how do i fix it? i am very frustrated at this point and need a quick fix fast to make the game work and to keep me sane.

Note: this is a repost from general board at the suggestion of other ppl.

It seems there is a problem with the latest (2.05) patch being incomplete and the only way to get DI:G working on a fresh instal is to patch it to 2.04 first, then immediately patch it to 2.05. I raise this as Devildread is about to release the ultimate patch, and I hope it will not suffer the same problem as 2.05.

In background, I started with a proven HOI3/FTM installation (correct checksum) but it had an old DI:G folder (actually SF/DI:G/VP). I deleted the old DI:G folder and reinstalled DI:G. I then patched it with the 2.05 patch and it would not load. I tried adding the trees.txt file from the 2.04 patch but that didn't fix it. I then applied the 2.04 patch, followed by the 2.05 patch and it loads, with the correct checksum.

I guess that most people have not experienced this problem because they are patching an older version but the 2.05 patch will result in a failure to load, if applied on a fresh installation of DI:G.

[Edit] I don't know if the problem was in the trees.txt file but it always failed in creating the map. It should be easily replicated on any fresh installation.

Nope. I'm working on reproducing bugs and surrender issues, will take some time but I'd like this one to be the last big patch. Next update on monday but I think middle of next week is a solid ETA. :)

It's Dies Irae, only Germany is playable :p

Ow yeah, facepalm, whatever. :D Anyways, according to the decision and event files, you should be given the option to either join Japan in the war againist US or refuse (in which case Japan would leave the Axis), so it's quite weird that you didn't get the pop-up.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the event Germany gets after Pearl Harbor decision seems to be wrongly "placed" in the file (it's not written like the other events, with all the proper spaces etc., it's on the same line with #############, which probably prevents the event from working as it's apparently commented out).

got a question about occupation policies. france has just fallen and im noticed that ive not seen any increase of my IC. all the usual contries are on the occupied country list but when i change the polices nothing seems to change, is there something else i need to do?

also, why is uk on the occupied country list as i dont own anything from them?

After SOV surrenders in bitter peace event and is GER puppet I can not call them to arms. It says call to arm, I click and then a little while later it says call to arms again and keeps repeating itself (they never send troops or anything either or cross borders to help). Is this normal and SOV puppet is not supposed to be able to call to arms or bug?

got a question about occupation policies. france has just fallen and im noticed that ive not seen any increase of my IC. all the usual contries are on the occupied country list but when i change the polices nothing seems to change, is there something else i need to do?

You need to wait a day I believe in order to see change in IC. Wait a little also because France IC might need to rebuild after the combats.

After SOV surrenders in bitter peace event and is GER puppet I can not call them to arms. It says call to arm, I click and then a little while later it says call to arms again and keeps repeating itself (they never send troops or anything either or cross borders to help). Is this normal and SOV puppet is not supposed to be able to call to arms or bug?

It's surely a bug and I can't fix it, this is vanilla issue and Paradox material.

you get the channel islands, check to north coast of france :)