• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wait a sec... on the complete package the Gotterdamerung DLC is included, but not installed (also, the complete pack comes with For the Motherland).

That means I shouldn´t install Dies Irae: Gotterdamerung in my version?

Wait a sec... on the complete package the Gotterdamerung DLC is included, but not installed (also, the complete pack comes with For the Motherland).

That means I shouldn´t install Dies Irae: Gotterdamerung in my version?

You can install DIG with FoTM, but you also have to install the beta patch (get it here) of DIG otherwise it won't run.

Like some people I had difficulty getting DIG to work under FTM, but I found that it is easy to make a mistake and now it works. This is for FTM on Win 7 Pro. The problem is that it is easy to install DIG and even moreso the patch in the wrong directory. I got DIG at Gamersgate this morning for 99 cents.

DIG should install itself in the right folder. I originally installed it under HOI3/mod and it created a mod folder under the mod folder-no good. If you install it under /HOI it will go to the right place. To verify the DIG installation before installing the patch start HOI3 and press the mod button; if DIG does not appear, it is not installed correctly.It took me two hours to get it right and three downloads of the mod, but if you do it right it can be done in minutes.

You also need the patch for FTM (see first page). This will not install itself, it is a rar file and you have to place it yourself after unpacking it (I use 7-up to unpack). Again it is very easy to install it at the wrong place. initially I dragged all the foldersto the folder where all the same folders were, and instead of replacing all the folders, it placed some of the folders inside the same folder. In this case I had folders inside folders with the same name. If you do this, the mod will freeze during the "map initialization" at startup and a cntr-alt-delete will show a file error. If this happens, delete everything under /hoi3/mod and install DIG again. Now install the patch as follows:the way I did it is to select all the unpacked patch folders and move or copy them to the /hoi3/mod folder by pointing them to the /mod/DIG folder instead of opening it as before. This worked. Another way would be to drag the patch folders one by one over the /mod/folders having the same names (not the ones in HOI3/ but the ones under /hoi3/mod. Now I can play either FTM or DIG.

Henri

Last edited:
I have tried to install DI:G 4 times and everytime I got the checksum HNES? I have installed the game like subscribed above. I use the beta patch FTM.
Some advice?

Ok this really annoys me. What i dont get is at different times France will surrender under different circumstances.

In one game i took over Paris-Dunkirk-Caliase-Rhiems- and the surrounding areas around paris and they sued for peace.

In the next game i took Paris. Entire french coast from Dunkirk to Brest. Tours and much of the south. Cut off the Maginot Line and began taking areas near it and still it took a while for them to sue for peace. Whats the deal!!! :mad: I hate that!!!

As far as I know once you take certain provinces there is a % based chance that the French Surrender will fire every day. You may have been extraordinarily unlucky in this case

Hmm. Ok..

My game currently ive taken LeHarve Dieppe, Dunkirk, Calaise, Rhiems, Paris, Belgium, and Nederlands and must have captured 2 million troops in my encirclements. Im scared. Its June 10th and i hope to end it historically so i can start the battle of britain and watch my air force get mauled. Stupid fighter superstacks...

Its pretty high. But i thought once Paris was taken and some of the northern coast it was only a matter of time. At least.. Thats how it SHOULD be!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok guys. Common.. Shouldnt France surrender by now. :/

Last edited:
I´ve just beaten France by 19 of June, so the DLC isn´t bugged. Only difference from my game was that I got more VPs in east France (and not in the Maginot line, BTW).

I know its not bugged but wtf is going on here! :( Its runing all my plans! its happened numerous times.

Maybe in next fix france falls when Paris, Rheims, Dunkirk, Calais and a few other cities fall. Or maybe higher percentage of surrender when those provinces are in Axis hands.

O.. So they surrended. After i took Vichy and Lyon.. WTF. It took till August...

Last edited:
Did you:
1. reduce NU with spies
2. lose any air battle (losing air battle over their territory grants NU bonus)
3. lose any submarine battle (same as above)

Besides that, I believe there is an event for the fall of Paris, did it fire? (something like 50 NU penalty)

I had been winning air battles in the beginning until stupid Britain came in.

No spies reducing NU.

I dont believe any event of Paris fired? Hmm.. Maybe im missing something, could have sworn it fired before.

What would be awesome to add more to ahistorical decisions would be a puppet France and give cores to Germany over the Alsace Lorraine instead of the Vichy route. Germany would want to take Alsace-Lorraine as it considered it historical territory and then make the rest of France a vichy puppet while the colonies go to Free france maybe.

Currently if you puppet France they just instantly get conquered by the British due to remote VP capture.

My only problem is France seems to get steamrolled too easily. My latest game I limited my production by not going over full mobilization and I spent larger sums of IC on providence improvements to try to limit my army, but France fell just as easily. France used to put up a hard fight in SF and I would like to see more of that again. I thought of two changes that might make this possible. First if France’s starting oob is changed to include garrison divisions on all the maginot line providences it would free up the regular army for the AI’s disposal. My second idea is to include an event for England that is triggered by the Danzig or War event. If war fires England would get an event that would create the BEF and automatically deploy the force in Northern France. Historically the BEF was roughly 100,000 men so the event should create roughly 10 British divisions in France.

My only problem is France seems to get steamrolled too easily. My latest game I limited my production by not going over full mobilization and I spent larger sums of IC on providence improvements to try to limit my army, but France fell just as easily. France used to put up a hard fight in SF and I would like to see more of that again. I thought of two changes that might make this possible. First if France’s starting oob is changed to include garrison divisions on all the maginot line providences it would free up the regular army for the AI’s disposal. My second idea is to include an event for England that is triggered by the Danzig or War event. If war fires England would get an event that would create the BEF and automatically deploy the force in Northern France. Historically the BEF was roughly 100,000 men so the event should create roughly 10 British divisions in France.

I believe there already is an event for BEF in France. I always see a good amount of Brit troops given to France and Belgium, etc when im running around destroying France.