• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Once I had achieved bitter peace in my current game I got the Germano-Soviet-Pact event, asking me to cede eastern Poland to the Soviet Union. This should most likely fire if you didn't go for the MR pact in '39, but not after a bitter peace in '42.

As I reinstalled the game due to the submarine bug I'm definitely sure I have the most up to date version.

If this has been posted before don't throw stones at me - I didn't read all 68 pages.

So I apologize if this was answered before but I didn't want to go through 68 pages posts and it wasn't answered in the main post. How will DI:G work with FTM? Will it work at all? I bought DI:G the day it came out but didn't have a chance to play it yet. I will most likely buy FTM too when it comes out (I use Steam). I can understand if making DI:G work with FTM is too hard because of so many differences but does that mean I only have one week to play DI:G until FTM comes out?

Hi

I have a few questions/bugs:

1) The technology "grossdeutchland tigers" is unsearchable for me. I have all the tech perquisites. It says I need the "grossdeutchland inf.div (mot)" to research it. How do I get that? I have the regimental version. I renamed it a division but no change. Should I attach normal panzer grenadier regiments to it first?

2)I've had diplomatic issues with many countries. I'll influence them to the point the game says I can invite them to my faction yet no matter what I do they dont want to join. Its not clear what they want. Spain, for example, was happy to join once I conquered Gibraltar. Before then, never. I noticed the beta mentions making it easier for some countries to join. Was this what you meant?

3) In my game, Japan "gave me" territory. I have small sectors in China. Japan has basically been defeated but has a few islands left. It is at war with nationalist China. I am not, but cant make a deal since they're at war with my faction. Can I change this?

4) It seems that NO nation is willing to make deals for oil. I am not at war with the Soviets and while they have huge surpluses in crude and refined oil, they dont trade. Same thing for Romania and Italy. I'm basically being fuel strangled.

5) The "declare limited war" option doesnt seem to work. Once I declare war, my allies will rush all their units towards my sector. Its incredibly annoying because countries like Hungary get pieces of Yugoslavia. In addition, they leave no border defense and when the line is weak the Soviets sometimes declare war on the Axis.

6) My troops sometimes "conquer" in the name of other countries even when its NOT a expeditionary force. It seems if I'm close to an allied territory (or work through it) land becomes there's. This becomes a huge issue when combined with the fact that declaring limited war doesn't work. (For example, Italy has Iraq. I am fuel starved, but an invasion of Saudi or Persia will result in it going to the Italians!)

7) Is there a division search ability? When I researched the Goering divisions it suggested combing some units, but I couldnt find them. I've never "lost" a division in combat, but I couldnt find what other division they were talking about.

8) It seems as if all the AI has given up. Technically the Allies are at war with the Soviets and vice versa. However, nothing has happened in a long time. There were some border conflicts in Vladivostok and thats it. Similarly, Italy has done nothing. They attempted and failed in an invasion of India. Ever since, nothing. When I give my theatre AI an order (get Greenland, attack South Africa etc) it does nothing. I have enabled theatre AI control. All the combat I see is convoy raiding and a few fleet skirmishes.

9) Question about divisions - is it normal for them to be triangular? When I build what the AI wants it creates triangular divisons. Some mountain ones are binary. Obviously I can attach regiments but is this normal? Can I "teach" the AI to do differently, especially after I've researched superior firepower?

I have pics and can email them if you'd like.

Last edited:
Hi

6) My troops sometimes "conquer" in the name of other countries even when its NOT a expeditionary force. It seems if I'm close to an allied territory (or work through it) land becomes there's. This becomes a huge issue when combined with the fact that declaring limited war doesn't work. (For example, Italy has Iraq. I am fuel starved, but an invasion of Saudi or Persia will result in it going to the Italians!)

If you attack from a province controlled by your ally, the conquests go to that ally. If they are at war with the target, of course. I haven't tried attacking from allied territory against a nation they're not at war with, is that even possible? Annoyingly this might interfere with your paras as well, I sent them from a province conquered from Poland to drop on a Soviet province, but the province became occupied by Hungary. Both I (Germany) and Hungary had territory bordering that conquered Soviet province.

I love where this mod is taking the game. i would only say i was very sad to see motorcycles added to Mp but not as a support unit that could be used for anti partisan work and such by having some basic fighting stats and a bit of width...

MC troops were really common in the early war, and still had these kind of uses later on. I would love to have em in my armoured brigades...

USSR is defeated (with Japanese help). After the bitter peace, Japan has to give back all their conquered territory to the Soviets. That doesn't seem right...

Also, I have defeated Poland, France, UK, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Low Countries, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, and USSR....yet I still don't have a 'Veteran Army'. I think you should make this effect easier to achieve. What's the point of having a strategic effect if you have to conquer the whole map to get it?

Last edited:
If you attack from a province controlled by your ally, the conquests go to that ally. If they are at war with the target, of course. I haven't tried attacking from allied territory against a nation they're not at war with, is that even possible? Annoyingly this might interfere with your paras as well, I sent them from a province conquered from Poland to drop on a Soviet province, but the province became occupied by Hungary. Both I (Germany) and Hungary had territory bordering that conquered Soviet province.

I have attacked out of Italian Libya into Egypt with Italy in my faction but not at war and thankfully the provinces I took ended up german!

I have attacked out of Italian Libya into Egypt with Italy in my faction but not at war and thankfully the provinces I took ended up german!

That's awesome -- IF you can get them not to declare war on everyone. The Italian intervention in Iraq made me have to use "trickery" to get the oil in Persia. I had a landing force ready that deployed next to the oil fields. (the oil fields are AT the iraqi border). Once I capture there, I moved and got to the oil a second before the italians did.

FYI I'm also a general game newb -- is there a way to place claims on territory? Because of the DLC (I think?) no one surrenders to Germany, all I get is occupation. The negative is if I'm pushed out of a territory, the Italians can actually recapture it for themselves. Is there a way for me to say "Factions, this is mine. No one take it" or "Once the enemies are defeated, I want this under my control"?

Channel Island debacle is back. 15 Brit and Commonweath div on the islands trying
to pound there way ashore to Cherbourg. My garrison is too strong and the AI Atlantic
Wall that handles my mobile reserves keeps trying to attack it at 5%. Now there is a
party with 200,000 Romanians, Hungarians, and Italians showing up. I imagine it is an
attack 10 men wide and 20,000 men deep all together....

Also the islands outside Amsterdam (is there some sort of major highway there? As the
Germans attacking the low countries love shoveling corps galore across there rather than
on solid ground to the South. Has 30,000 trapped there by a Danish sub for over a year
till i saved the game, reloaded as Denmark (already long overrun) and disbanded the sub.

The Channel Islands and the Amsterdam islands take far too much out of context for the
game warping the French front even after the Battle for France is over. They should be
provinces in their own right or made as eye candy that nobody can really invade or pass
across.

Hi

4) It seems that NO nation is willing to make deals for oil. I am not at war with the Soviets and while they have huge surpluses in crude and refined oil, they dont trade. Same thing for Romania and Italy. I'm basically being fuel strangled.

I usually trade with the USA and Persia for oil (after I get all I can from Romania). Sometimes it takes a few tries to get them to accept a trade offer. In the early game I wait till the Olympics where I get a +10 bonus to all Western nations, including the USA. I also, from the start of the game, am influencing the USA to the Axis. I generally import around 17-20 oil a day from Romania, USA, Persia & Venezuela. You will always go down to about 7k in stocks before it fixes itself somehow and you start stockpiling again.

The USSR doesn't like to trade oil in my experience, only steel and rares.

With the latest patch I had Nationalist Spain join the Axis in 2 tries after France had been conquered. I made the mistake of not immediately going thru their territory and taking out Gibraltor so now the English keep invading Spain and I had to redirect 3 German infantry corps there to help defend their territory.

I usually trade with the USA and Persia for oil (after I get all I can from Romania). Sometimes it takes a few tries to get them to accept a trade offer. In the early game I wait till the Olympics where I get a +10 bonus to all Western nations, including the USA. I also, from the start of the game, am influencing the USA to the Axis. I generally import around 17-20 oil a day from Romania, USA, Persia & Venezuela. You will always go down to about 7k in stocks before it fixes itself somehow and you start stockpiling again.

Same here. With Venezuela, US and the occasional Romenian deal I was getting 20-25 oil a day which is fairly nice.

Is it just me or doesn't the AI assign CAGs to carriers?

BTW is there an update on the graphics bug? (No portret for pocket BBs in combat screen, boxes over the unit picture, unit picture out of proportion and messed up sea provinces design) the game is still playable with this bug but its quite annoying.

Question regarding the strategic effect "Norway-Sweden iron." Apparently I need to have relationships with Norway >50. How am I supposed to do this? They have no significant amount of metal (or any other resource) to trade me anyway, and they don't want my supplies. Do I need to have Norway under Axis control and thus fulfill the alternative requirement?

Question regarding the strategic effect "Norway-Sweden iron." Apparently I need to have relationships with Norway >50. How am I supposed to do this? They have no significant amount of metal (or any other resource) to trade me anyway, and they don't want my supplies. Do I need to have Norway under Axis control and thus fulfill the alternative requirement?

Yes. Just invade Norway as part of Weserübung, once you control Narvik the modifier will be triggered.

I was able to get trade on and off between Norway and Germany from 1937-1939 before I just ended up taking Norway out to keep the startegic effect. Sometimes they would ask me for something. Other times they would go for some energy or supplies trade I would offer. But it never lasted very long before they stopped the trade.

2.04f and 1.03 - what checksum is everyone getting? I'm having problems with the patches - the links for the 2.04f patch keeps giving me errors.

I think podcat had two ways of downloading the f patch because so many people were getting download errors on the big zip file. Look for the three rar files instead to download, and then un-rar them together after the three downloads are complete. I think he has instructions to help with this.

Vichy France into Axis

I was wondering if there was anything special I needed to do to get Vichy to join the Axis after you get the indication that you can invite them in.

Anybody know what the requirement is? It just says "impossible" and so far each attempt has proven that to be correct!