• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You need a software to extract the files, 7zip, winzip or winrar (I use the later).

Devildread when do you think we will be seeing the Beta?

P.S great work. Many thanks.

Devildread when do you think we will be seeing the Beta?

P.S great work. Many thanks.

Since the alpha seems to work weel I will take some more time to actually test and polish it. I am planning around mid august release (since I have vacations too!).

Don't hesitate to post suggestions and ideas about the new stuff introduced in FTM that can serve a german gameplay. No big things but more like details, easy to implement and fun to see ingame. :)

ok seeing as you mention that Cosmos is working on some counter mods. Would be a good addition? Not alot of work if it works for you to impliment?

But on the big thing front the Theater tab needs looking at. lol

Just started a new game and got France to declare on me for sending my troops in the Rhineland too early :D

After a few months of attritional fighting I've broken through the maginot and on my way to an early Vichy.

IMO there should be an event in that case that stops the war. France declared war themselves, Britain totally unprepared, Germany 'defending' itself...

Just started a new game and got France to declare on me for sending my troops in the Rhineland too early :D

After a few months of attritional fighting I've broken through the maginot and on my way to an early Vichy.

IMO there should be an event in that case that stops the war. France declared war themselves, Britain totally unprepared, Germany 'defending' itself...

My first game had this happen also, love it. I think a possible event should give negative national unity to France since they are the agressors.

My first game had this happen also, love it. I think a possible event should give negative national unity to France since they are the agressors.

Also, at that stage of the war, going complete Vichy is over the top IMO. I think the Germans would settle for Alsace-Lorraine, perhaps a more German-friendly goverment (not a puppet).

The Alsace-Lorraine regions aren't defined as wargoals though. You can choose the 3 regions Italy wanted around its border, Western France (small strip of coast to the West of Vichy) and the entire North of France as was defined in Vichy.
I have just about enough troops to break through at this point, let alone garrison a third of the country :D

You should have a event bringing POL to the war and then CZE and BEL if you don't stop it. You can ask for war reparations if you are the winner but nothing like Alsace-Lorraine (that is a world war casus belli IMO and you can have it just by refusing the terms of surrender).

No fun for you until your work is done(and it is done when dig patch is out on steam).It is better you submit to my will or I will invade Corse from Sardinia.

Haha you can prepare the boats then, I am planning a lot of fun this summer. :D
Please stop by at Montpellier. ;)

You should have a event bringing POL to the war and then CZE and BEL if you don't stop it. You can ask for war reparations if you are the winner but nothing like Alsace-Lorraine (that is a world war casus belli IMO and you can have it just by refusing the terms of surrender).

What a game, just as I was getting France, the Poland event fires! :D
No biggie, redeployed some troops, defence is going well.

If I had the event that Belgium and CZE joined as well, I would've lost for sure!
But before that could happen, France surrendered and I went with reperations.

BEST GAME EVER, everything felt historical and fun. Well done Devildread!

Just for the fun of it, I gave myself Alsace-Lorraine though :p

"Case Anton" fires getting Vichy into the Axis very early when the UK lands one
unit in N. Africa in early 1941. Not really an invasion but triggers Vichy to be
axis which is a bit of an overreaction. If the UK cannot hold the Suez Canal
it should not be sending forces to land on a sand strip in Central N. Africa nor
spend 3 divisions and 3 HQs in a hopeless attack on Denmark.

(sorry about the long non-paragraph posts. most are done very late at night or
early morning after 10 or more hours of play and i need to get the info down fast
while its fresh before my head hits the table top when i pass out from exhaustion! lol!)

for those having problems loading up the alpha mod. i have 2 games directories. I is
the stock HOI3 that i have FTM w/3.4 only over SF. This is the one i put the alpha DIG mod on.
this one starts off the main game screen clicking on the DIG below the default game line. no
other mod but the DIG Alpha over the FTM/SF updated to 3.4FTM

I have a second copy of the original SF without FTM RENAMED and this is the one i play
stock SF with the original DIG with Vorwarts Panzer. this one starts off the main
screen by chossing DIG plus VP below the defalut game line. This game has the orginal
DIG mod plus Francisco's tank pics plus Vorwarts Panzer Mod.

It important that if you have 2 directories your very careful of which you install downloads
into. don't mix em up or it will crash.

Damn UK/France aren't event worried about protecting em self i mean lol year is 1940 i hold half of holland big chuck of belgium and a slim line into france what do i see naval invasion in Denmark atleast 16 units all i got is 3 garrisons to protect the area ontop of all this theres also what that looks like another landing going on in south norway, i quit and restart game 41 :)

Test game 5 with a wild twist. the Chezh's refuse to bow down and as Germany I back off.
Very different dynamics now in the game. Even with Ribbentrof there is not a treaty with
the Soviets, No Memel gain, the Chezh Republic is mildly towards the Allies and not a threat
nor threatened by Germany (I am trying to woo them into the Axis). I had a Theatre with 2
Armies watching their border (they did give up the fortified lines). When Poland collapsed in
1939 (Nobody declared war and Poland was unallied with anybody) Russia asked for a treaty
for E. Poland and i agreed (I like to draw them forward to cut them off in 1941) but they
never implimented the treaty (tho it says its in effect) so i control E. Poland as well. Then
while sitting around waiting for the Soviet border to move Britain, France, and the Low Countries
declare war but are unprepared (so am I in Dec 1939!) All my armies are off center except the
Bitberg HQ and its troops holding from Aachen to the Swiss border. I rapidly redeploy my new
Paris HQ with Heersgruppe A (all the Panzers plus 5 Inf Korps) and they roll across rapidly from
Poland and smack into the Low Countries while my Theatre South (with 2 Armies inc the old
Austrian one rebuilt and strengthened) that was watching the Chezhs I had slam into Luxumburg
and France. Bitburg I had swing around the N. of the Maginot line and sieze Nancy. It was all
over by April 11, 1940.

The Brits did not Exp Force out their units but retained them as a BEF. They did a 16(!!!!) div
attempted invasion of Denmark (a regular occurance in EVERY game so far but usually only 3-4
divisions). Beat that off. France has fallen and Vichy is formed. While my poor OKH Berlin
Theatre with Cavalry, Security divisions, Garrison brigades (only about 100,000 troops) is
nervously holding the Polish/Soviet border.

VERY interersting game that I had expected to go the usual Chezh/Polish/France/Russia route.
Shows what can happen with a change in the political dynamics. Nice game so far but a real
"the world turned on its side" for catching me unawares several times. Now i have to backpedal
and figure out what will happen with Chezhoslovakia and the Russians....

UPDATE: France collapsed completely. No Vichy. I had to scramble to cover all the ports and 1
month later 15 British divisions landed at Brest. My PARIS HQ had 100,000 men assigned to it
for anti-invasion and antipartizan duty (and it needed every friggin man). I had to reinforce my
Brest campaign with the 2nd Panzer Korps to finally clear the Brits out.

The French colonies are rebelling (they can keep them! lol!). I asked the Italians to garrison French
N. Africa and they half-heartedly did so with a few garrison units while still pounding AGAIN at the
Suez Canal (have almost taken it in July 1940!). Canada landed a division at Casablance (say hello
to Rick for me fellas when you buy a beer at his bar....)

Called the game as its dynamics were out of whack for the stock game i was trying to test. Not that
it was not alot of fun but it was wild!!!

Last edited:
does the alpha version for ftm work correctly when i load a save game? i reaaly want to play a full length game of this amazing mod. also does the toughness def affect this mod that much since it is factored in now with ftm?

Playing Dies Irae with the alpha patch for FTM. The coups button works but only changes the government type, not whose in power.
I fixed this by taking the succesful spy coup event in the FTM coup event file. Then overwriting the same event in the Dies Irae coup event file in the mod folder.