• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
NOT TRUE. I've been playing and monay others with 2.04e + DLC. 2.04e is just the HOI3 exe so it doesn't mees with the DLC at all.

what i meant was when you had downloaded the game mod, it says " hoi3 not installed". i found this only happened if i had patched main game to 2.04e. after reinstalling and patching to 2.04d the download identified where my game was and installed fine.

@Kalstor: I'll see about the new units, this is not planned for the moment.
Danzig should be core if you use the danzig or war decision, do you have partisan even when it is core?

Please then come with an example of penalty because I don't see how Hitler would have accepted to keep them.

DD, I have partisans throughout the German cores in the conquered Pomeranian corridor.

I haven't played ICE in a while, but I remember that you had a Retrocession of Polish territories event for Germany after Fall Weiss. Would you be willing to include a modified version of that event in a Das Irae patch? I think that would resolve the partisans in German cores issue.

Out of curiosity, how does Paradox deem which mods are worthy of having people have to pay for them? Or, do they just send a team out to make something?

We contact Paradox and say "here's a feature list, we can do that in 3 months, we want x amount of money, kthxbye". Nothing more. ;)

Proposal:
Players are given two options
1. Sack Blomberg/Fritsch (as leaders and ministers)
2. Sack Goring (as leader and minister)

Sounds good. Goering have a lot of events and tech associated, sacking him is not really a viable option but if you really want to keep the two other you can try. :)

DD, I have partisans throughout the German cores in the conquered Pomeranian corridor.

I haven't played ICE in a while, but I remember that you had a Retrocession of Polish territories event for Germany after Fall Weiss. Would you be willing to include a modified version of that event in a Das Irae patch? I think that would resolve the partisans in German cores issue.

I thought core prevented partisans, as it is not the case I'll make a retrocession event.

--------

THE BETA PATCH IS AIMED FOR RELEASE TONIGHT (in about 10 hours). :)

Last edited:
I can confirm that Danzig does not become a core of Germany - it still belongs to Poland and so rebels are showing up there.

I don't know what the reason is - I have done 'Danzig or War' and I have also researched 'Fall Weiß' - Poland refuses to surrender (as always) and Danzig shows up as occupied territory - there is no event showing up for removing some provinces to german core nor is there an event for creating the 'Generalgouvernement' showing up.

Not sure if this is a bug, but it looked strange. About a month after attacking and annexing Czechoslovakia in early 1938, Britain declared war so I attacked and occupied Poland, and obviously didn't have the Molotov/Ribbentrop agreement in place so the Border with the Soviets went all the way to Minsk, so I then thought " why not occupy the Baltic states to give Barbarossa a jumping of point closer to the Major cities in the USSR?". So I did. This, however, did not stop the "USSR annexes, Lituania, Estonia and Latvia" event in 1940, so I was left with the strange sight of Axis and Soviet units passing each other as one left and the other occupied the territory. Should Axis occupation of the Baltics not supercede this event?

Recently bought the DLC, and I have 2 questions :

I launched my Fall Gelb campaign and arrived to Paris. There was still a stand to do in France for the Allies, but I was surprised by the fact that the loss of Paris costed 55 points of unity to the French! I really like your events of battle and their consequences, but this event appears to go too far. In fact, I only had to take Paris and the war was over. I may also have taken it with paratroppers in a commando mission. As a Frenchman I know the importance of Paris, but the city is worth its 25 victory points, and still... 55 penalty points seem disproportionnate to me.

My second question is simpler... I cannot take pictures of my game, neither with F11 nor with F12. Does the mod interfere with that issue?

Small nitpick, after the Poles lose enough VP to trigger their surrender event, I get to keep where my units are, but the rest goes to the Red Horde. This has left one city (Lodz?) a red island in my grey conquered lands.

IIRC there used to be a 'correction' event that divided Poland neatly along the MR Pact lines.

Also, having the SU declare war on Poland keeps them At War from 1939. Aren't they supposed to get a peace event?

Regarding Franco, the man is now 1 for 3 and the Japanese steamroll China in less then 1 year.

Loving the Strategic Effects by the way.

Question: is there an event for Italy to join the war? I manually called them and the Japanese after I got Vichy (for which I got no event for some reason).

I can confirm that Danzig does not become a core of Germany - it still belongs to Poland and so rebels are showing up there.

I don't know what the reason is - I have done 'Danzig or War' and I have also researched 'Fall Weiß' - Poland refuses to surrender (as always) and Danzig shows up as occupied territory - there is no event showing up for removing some provinces to german core nor is there an event for creating the 'Generalgouvernement' showing up.

• In my current game Poland wet their pants when I clicked Danzig or War and handed Danzig to me. It was painted as if part of Germany, not as if it were occupied. I didn´t look for a core in Danzig, but other provinces in Poland (those next to Dnazig) showed german cores. After Poland was beaten (it went GiE), these cores of mine were painted as if occupied (just as it happens in vanilla). However, no partisans have appeared yet, so I can´t say a thing about that.

Patch changelog so far, tell me if I missed something. I think I have fixed all the reported bugs. :)
ETA still tonight.

BE SURE YOUR INSTALLATION OF HOI3 IS CLEAN AND PATCHED TO 2.04D AND 2.04E
IF YOU INSTALL AN HOI3 PATCH, YOU NEED TO REINSTALL THE DLC

BUG FIXES
- fixed some model text
- added some missing models
- fixed some typo in localization
- fixed the Blomberg/Fritsch affair bug making the ministers not to disappear
- deleted some foreign events not relevant to Germany
- deleted the dissent increase in Anschluss and Czech annexation
- fixed Czech tank models (38t)
- fixed Foreign Wehrmacht event text bug
- fixed battle of Paris event not popping sometimes
- changed operationnal tech prerequisites to be easier to plan ahead
- fixed the bugged Barbarossa Operational tech prerequisite
- Italy will always annex Ethiopia
- fixed some overcomplicated strategic effects triggers
- General Winter will now last from november to march
- fixed some battle events triggers
- captured equipment bonus is now 3% IC efficiency
- battle of Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad and Sevastopol are now handled via decisions in order to have the event ASAP
- fixed the relocation of Soviet Capital bug (could happen twice)
- fixed the german-soviet agreement reapearing after bitter peace
- switched the two lowest naval leader rank names
- disabled the long range submarine event, now you have to research the tech by yourself
- fixed submarine positionning with wrong stats tech upgrades
- fixed ||| symbol for regiment instead of the brigade's X
- changed the odds of the Rhineland War to happen (happen less often)
- fixed the NSDAP popularity/org appearing twice bug in the nuremberg rally
- deleted KMS prefix to OOB ships
- infantry can now be upgraded to jägers
- fixed the bug when Italy stay at war against allies after the peace of the Rhineland events
- Peace of the Rhineland now actually bring peace to the world
- reduced the impact of the french high command strategic modifier
- halved the neutrality loss for USA when you attack Swiss
- The brigade box close button shouldn't be out of the screen in the lowest resolution
- China should be stronger if Germany decides to help after the war has started (added partisan brigades)
- China joining axis doesn't declare war against JAP anymore
- Nationalist Spain should win more often if helped by Germany
- Added the new uboats to the naval doctrines
- Poland give back the core to Germany when they surrender
- Poland should be at peace with Soviet after they surrender
- Added level 10 forts on the Franco-Italian border
- Buffed UK in North Africa
- Walkyrie event can happen in the '44 scenario now
- Fixed the model names not displaying
- Switched the position of the Sino-German stronger agreement options
- Fixed Long Range Submarine being unable to reach US coasts
- ITA won't puppet ETH anymore
- Fixed Soviet union annexation of baltic states while they are under axis control
- Fixed Soviet Union controlling West Poland provinces

ADDITIONS
- Austrian troops named in their starting OOB with German names for anschluss
- added officer boost after anschluss
- added an allies/comintern peace decision if they happen to be at war due to some bug (won't fire if Germany and Soviet are allied)
- Soviet Union will never declare war via decision on Germany if they choose to be allies during the MR pact
- added the lost of at least x% of core land prerequisite to the soviet bonuses (no more general winter if you are not enough deep in russia)
- added some free troops for UK in Afrika in order to help them if Germany research the Afrika Korps tech
- added some morale penalty to choose from the battle lost events
- added some manpower to USA
- added some manpower to Soviet Union
- added german name for brigade/regiment names in the production screen
- Afrika Korps units are now buildable!
- added an event when France declare war on Germany in '36 in order to warn the player about all this
- Elite units now cost 0 supplies but appear in the construction queue (hence cost IC and time to build)
- the whole maginot line is now full of victory point (+7 points, -7 in Paris to balance) in order to have the AI garrison it for real
- Four year plan industry now grants +10% IC +10% efficiency
- Training laws now include officer recruitment
- Italy is nerfed
- Added an event for Soviet Union to ask for Eastern Poland if Germany controls it before M-R pact
- You can choose to sack Goering instead of Blomberg/Fritsch

Small nitpick, after the Poles lose enough VP to trigger their surrender event, I get to keep where my units are, but the rest goes to the Red Horde. This has left one city (Lodz?) a red island in my grey conquered lands.

IIRC there used to be a 'correction' event that divided Poland neatly along the MR Pact lines.

Also, having the SU declare war on Poland keeps them At War from 1939. Aren't they supposed to get a peace event?

Regarding Franco, the man is now 1 for 3 and the Japanese steamroll China in less then 1 year.

Loving the Strategic Effects by the way.

Question: is there an event for Italy to join the war? I manually called them and the Japanese after I got Vichy (for which I got no event for some reason).

Strange, that has not happened to me. I took that south city called Lwow or Lodz (sorry, I don´t remember) and that it is supposed to be in the Russian area. When Poland went GiE, the URSS took over that area, and my units suddenly found themselves in Russian territory, so I didn´t not get what my units had occupied, I just got what I was supposed to get according to MR pact.

Hello,
so far this DLC/mod is great, I haven't had any real bugs and everything from Spain civil war to China vs Japan worked exactly as it should!
However, I have conquered most of Europe already (its December 1938) and so far none of the countries (except Lithania) surrendered. For some countries, like Poland, Liechtenstein and Swiss there was this "They won't surrender [Clearly they are not in touch with reality]"-Window, for some like Belgium and Netherlands, France and Czechoslovakia no window ever came up. Vichy France event fired up, but the rest is still France territory occupied by Germany/Italy. Now this is a bit annoying because of two things.
First of all, I could not go into peace again eg after I conquered Poland.
Secondly, Italy conquered nearly 80 % of France so I can not use any of the resources there.
Third, it's just unrealistic when Belgium that never surrendered stores its forces in the UK and then attempts a landing in NORTHERN FRANCE.

It is a while that I last played HOI3 but if I remember well, this did never happen to me. I always had the annex/puppet window and any conquered country did surrender.
Intended or not?

Hi,

I have the exact same issue, when I started with Poland. They never surrender, Russia occupied almost whole the territory, leaving me with some scraps. although, I had conquered Warshaw and surrounding territory, the line is drawn west of it. Same with lux, belgium etc. I find their troops everywhere....
for Poland, I though that there was a line dividing Russia and Germany.. are there no ways to improve this by capturing enough Victory points? I read in an AAR, that UK was conquered but did not surrender. when by chance Tobruck was conquered it triggered to UK to surrender.

is there no way to let them surrender? Sweden has lost all it's territories, but same thing.
would be nice to have some triggers to activate their surrender, or to propose peace treaties for example. or how to change the "occupation policy"?

Also, I don't know if's a bug, but you can't make carriers or SH battleships pride of the fleet - so my olld Grap spee became Pride... on top, SH battleships are only marginal better then normal batteships and have no updgrade possibilities qua antiair or radar. bit downer for me, as I expected them to perfom much better in sea versus sea and sea versu air.

Also, why can't I use my seaforces to shell coastlines? use CAG to bomb troops?
Strange thing I noticed. once you buy CAG, you can store them on an airfield, but not rebase them. only thing, I managed to put them via an airfield on a carrier.
The normal BB is better in every aspect, exept Sea - sea and defence.

Last edited:
You should have "they refuse to surrender" event for the faction wars and you should be able to choose either to annex or puppet for the others. I don't understand how your problem is possible.
Could you please upload a savegame BEFORE the bug to happen or explain exactly your steps to reproduce it?

The occupation thing is working as designed tho: most of the government will go exile, thus you can't puppet or annex anymore.

Sounds good. Goering have a lot of events and tech associated, sacking him is not really a viable option but if you really want to keep the two other you can try. :)

Devildread, I don't see any real benefit but detrimental effect by keeping Goering. Can you convince why I should keep Goering instead? :p

Code:
## GOERING PROPERTIES
goering_properties = {

potential = {
		tag = GER
		or = {
			chief_of_air = 10
			head_of_state = 10
			head_of_government = 10
			armament_minister = 10
		}
		war = yes
	}

trigger = {
		war = yes
		2613 = { controlled_by = THIS }
		or = {
			chief_of_air = 10
			head_of_state = 10
			head_of_government = 10
			armament_minister = 10
		}
		year = 1941
	}

global_money = -0.15
	war_consumer_goods_demand = 0.05
	icon = 22
}

## GOERING FAILURE IN PLANNING
goering_planning_soviet = {

potential = {
		tag = GER
		or = {
			chief_of_air = 10
			head_of_state = 10
			head_of_government = 10
			armament_minister = 10
		}
		war_with = SOV
	}

trigger = {
		or = {
			chief_of_air = 10
			head_of_state = 10
			head_of_government = 10
			armament_minister = 10
		}
		war_with = SOV
		year = 1942
	}

global_resources = -0.15
	icon = 23
}

Now that you explained it I think its better that they don't surrender. The only problem I have with it is that when your allies advance, they get the territory. Now since this mod focuses entirely on Germany would it be possible to give these territories to Germany after the countries defeat? I also didn't get the country defeat window for all nations. I definitely didn't get it for Netherlands nor Belgium. Not sure about France. For Poland, Swiss and Luxemburg I got it though.

By the way, just curious whether you really changed that or not. If I remember correctly in Hoi3/SF if you declared war on Poland France and Britain usually did too, just as in Dies Irae. But I think the French also went on the offensive after they declared war on me. Here, France is at war with me but not a single unit advanced from the Maginot line even though I had only two corps there. Did you change that? If so, in what way (I don't want to try all possibilities out right now). If there is no army on the French/German border, will they advance?

@Kevinleungcp: With goering you can have luftwaffe field infantry and goering elite division, as well as the 4 year plan and substential bonuses to airplanes. This is indeed a choice to make, and not a no-brainer decision. :)

Now that you explained it I think its better that they don't surrender. The only problem I have with it is that when your allies advance, they get the territory. Now since this mod focuses entirely on Germany would it be possible to give these territories to Germany after the countries defeat? I also didn't get the country defeat window for all nations. I definitely didn't get it for Netherlands nor Belgium. Not sure about France. For Poland, Swiss and Luxemburg I got it though.

By the way, just curious whether you really changed that or not. If I remember correctly in Hoi3/SF if you declared war on Poland France and Britain usually did too, just as in Dies Irae. But I think the French also went on the offensive after they declared war on me. Here, France is at war with me but not a single unit advanced from the Maginot line even though I had only two corps there. Did you change that? If so, in what way (I don't want to try all possibilities out right now). If there is no army on the French/German border, will they advance?

Belgium and Netherlands don't have surrender event (as in vanilla), they go exile after the loss of their main cities.
I didn't change anything about French AI (I can't do that) but I made the forts stronger so the AI may not attack if it knows it is impossible to win. If you don't have enough units on defense be sure they will attack.
I can't do anything simple about the allies advance in ennemy territory. Simply not call to arms when they can conquer from their territory.

- added some free troops for UK in Afrika in order to help them if Germany research the Afrika Korps tech

Is this really the only way? I mean, boosting AI by giving him free units that appear out of nowhere is somehow lame IMO. UK should have no problems in defeating Italians without German intervention and if Germans actually send Afrika Korps they should be able to drive them back in 8 out of 10 cases. If UK AI is really so incompetent, couldn't you give UK a temporary leadership/IC/supply throughput/morale bonus or something like that to represent national determination that they will fight Germans in N. Africa and defend Suez?

I think that instead of giving UK free units, Italians should be nerfed down... rigth now they are way too strong and are able to steamroll France (I know this is solved in latest patch by placing lvl. 10 forts on Franco-Italian border but that's (again) somehow silly. Franco Italian border wasn't fortified like Franco-German was so adding some artificial forts is unrealistic and strange solution. It would be better to nerf down the Italians, which would be realistic + it would solve both problems...