• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Test game 5 with a wild twist. the Chezh's refuse to bow down and as Germany I back off.
Very different dynamics now in the game. Even with Ribbentrof there is not a treaty with
the Soviets, No Memel gain, the Chezh Republic is mildly towards the Allies and not a threat
nor threatened by Germany (I am trying to woo them into the Axis). I had a Theatre with 2
Armies watching their border (they did give up the fortified lines). When Poland collapsed in
1939 (Nobody declared war and Poland was unallied with anybody) Russia asked for a treaty
for E. Poland and i agreed (I like to draw them forward to cut them off in 1941) but they
never implimented the treaty (tho it says its in effect) so i control E. Poland as well. Then
while sitting around waiting for the Soviet border to move Britain, France, and the Low Countries
declare war but are unprepared (so am I in Dec 1939!) All my armies are off center except the
Bitberg HQ and its troops holding from Aachen to the Swiss border. I rapidly redeploy my new
Paris HQ with Heersgruppe A (all the Panzers plus 5 Inf Korps) and they roll across rapidly from
Poland and smack into the Low Countries while my Theatre South (with 2 Armies inc the old
Austrian one rebuilt and strengthened) that was watching the Chezhs I had slam into Luxumburg
and France. Bitburg I had swing around the N. of the Maginot line and sieze Nancy. It was all
over by April 11, 1940.

The Brits did not Exp Force out their units but retained them as a BEF. They did a 16(!!!!) div
attempted invasion of Denmark (a regular occurance in EVERY game so far but usually only 3-4
divisions). Beat that off. France has fallen and Vichy is formed. While my poor OKH Berlin
Theatre with Cavalry, Security divisions, Garrison brigades (only about 100,000 troops) is
nervously holding the Polish/Soviet border.

VERY interersting game that I had expected to go the usual Chezh/Polish/France/Russia route.
Shows what can happen with a change in the political dynamics. Nice game so far but a real
"the world turned on its side" for catching me unawares several times. Now i have to backpedal
and figure out what will happen with Chezhoslovakia and the Russians....

UPDATE: France collapsed completely. No Vichy. I had to scramble to cover all the ports and 1
month later 15 British divisions landed at Brest. My PARIS HQ had 100,000 men assigned to it
for anti-invasion and antipartizan duty (and it needed every friggin man). I had to reinforce my
Brest campaign with the 2nd Panzer Korps to finally clear the Brits out.

The French colonies are rebelling (they can keep them! lol!). I asked the Italians to garrison French
N. Africa and they half-heartedly did so with a few garrison units while still pounding AGAIN at the
Suez Canal (have almost taken it in July 1940!). Canada landed a division at Casablance (say hello
to Rick for me fellas when you buy a beer at his bar....)

Called the game as its dynamics were out of whack for the stock game i was trying to test. Not that
it was not alot of fun but it was wild!!!

What a great game! I am sure the feedback on it will be useful too. Thanks for sharing it.

I guess you are on windows vista or seven? I can't really help but try to deactivate the UAC (check on google about that) or copy the entire HOI3 folder to another location outside of program files.

Please someone better than me on those matter explain it to him. :)

Trying out the alpha patch working fine.
But just had the Biter Peace event, however sinds they sifted the MR border. You should also add the extra polish provinces that russia now recieves to the event.

could someone be so kind and explain to me what i need to do in order to fix the problem of the polish provinces going to the SU after the bitter peace event manually?

So every time I try to extract the alpha patch into my mod/DIG folder it tells me access denied or error. Please help. Used Winrar and 7zip

Just like DD said, you can disable UAC on your windows, it's a registry change, check on google. If that feels unsecured for some reason or other, make sure you're administrator in windows and haven't set any special limits in the security settings, that is in control panel and user accounts. That should be enough. If you are not on win7 or vista, you should not get that error so I guess you are.

Playing this game from the 1936 scenario, I find that I get a CTD when the allies declare war on me for the reoccupation of the Rhineland, and I try to add a wargoal to the UK? Has anyone else had this/should I not use wargoals?

I played a game of DI:G last night and Poland folded over Danzig. I have 400+ hours played in steam and more from when I just use the launcher and this was the first time I've ever seen it happen. I got a screen of it, I'll post when i come home from work. I also supported china to the fullest, so when the USsr buckled in late '44 they had taken half of Siberia on their own. Sinking also tripled in size, and Romania got a nice slice of the Crimea. My nukes will be done in '45. The uk islands were taken in '40, but Italy failed hard and Africa belongs to the UK.

This mod is so good, I'm continuing this later tonight

Right then... didn´t play that much since I thought the naval side of FTM too frustrating. Subs are just useles right now it seems and the royal navy wipes out all of my convoys till the end ´39.

Well, gave it a try today again and reorganized my Kriegsmarine from the scratch. My subs (all up to date incl. doctrines) are still of no use except recon. But my surface Fleets are doing quite a good job against the Tommies and that drecuced the loss of my convoys signicatnly, too. (I´ve been able to sink roughly 30 DD´s, 4 CL´s and 3 Ca´s while loosing 4 DD´s, 1 CL, 1 CA and 3 SS myself) I´m quiete satisfied with it, though every loss still hurts...

Still, I lose more Cons than i´m able to sink myself, something I think should be fixed since the german subs caused severe damage to allied convoys in the first period of ww2 in real life and I hope Devildread will look into this in the near future...
And it seems to be impossible to sink anthing larger than a CA wich seems to be somewhat absurd too. I´ve seen several Battles in which a BB was severly damaged (strength below 30%, which should reduce the fighting ability) but the it just ran off at full speed... I don´t know if the game mechanics allow it but it would be reasonable that heavy damage should make them easier targets and weaker opponents at all... just a thought...

But at least in my last two games the AI doesn´t overstack it´s fleets anymore and naval warfare is really challenging...

Everything else seems to be in order til now (meaning Nov ´40) excepted that the Legion Condor is MIA... Had no CTD´s or recognizable bugs so far... Well I still have to get used to the new FTM specifics but that´s another thing and I think I make good progress ;)

Don't give up the reports, I don't comment but I will fix all the bugs your are reporting. :)

How are going the surrenders? Do you have the right regions?

I am just about to launch operation Martia but Poland and Vichy went good. Denmark was off since I got Iceland and Denmark maintained ownership of Greenland.

Are SF-version reports useful anymore?

Bugs are likely to be the same so yes. Everything except AI behaviour is useful (I can't work on the AI). :)

I think you need to add armored engineers to the list of units. adding an engineer
to infantry works well but the German army infantry engineers were very much different
than those in the panzer divisions that had a good number of halftracks with assault
weapons and light bridges. The problem with using stock enginners (pioneers) in your
Panzer divisisons is that it can wreak your combined arms mixture unless you add alot
of armor or amd inf to offset them. they should compliment armor, not distract from it.
They are darn useful for the Russian front and touring thru Belgium!! LoL!

Again in my 6th test game (I am playing only thru mid 1942) no Belgium or Netherlands
surrender notice. They should fold once their capital is overrun but continue to fight
on in France sometimes being the last to be destroyed. Again (!) another invasion of
Denmark by Britain during the French campaign (is this a scripted event or is the food
there popular with the Brits??)

Somebody mentioned how easy it was to invade Japan due to
poor garrisons. Since the Japanese were training in 1944 to
resist invasion using citizen-militia there should be an event
that any Japanese city on any of the Japanese mainland attacks
or moves next to a 2xMilitia division should appear. Since these
would only appear when an Allied unit was next to or attacking a
mainland Japanese city they would not all appear at once and the
Japanese AI would not likely send them off to China (lol!) and it
would be historically accurate and make the taking of the islands
a bit rougher. Perhaps also a automatic level 2 landfort appearing
in the city at the time the milita unit appears to show the barracades
and blockage the citizens in Japan were prepared to go to to resist
a foreign invasion. Very much more inclined to a heavy radical citizen
defence than any other county i can think of in WW2.

DI:G already have a home army for Japan in their starting OOB, they can't move them out of the island.

About UK in Denmark this is full AI, I can't change that.