• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Question:

In ICE, I would create two Army Group HQs (OKM and OBU) for the Kreigsmarine - I would put Raeder in charge of OKM, and Doenitz in charge of OBU, and attach the respective ships. Is there a way to do this in DIG?

Strange, Japan was very slow for a couple of years, but now they have conquered most of China :O. Nat.China surrendered on January 1940.

Btw, that event removing the Czech forts was a nice touch, I've always wanted that from Paradox.

Devildread
I was reading a thread in the ICE forum where Dr. Johnson modified the production ai to perform better invasions etc. (i think u read it aswell) Would this file be compatible with DIG? or would it upset game ballance to much.

I don't know if the file is compatible but I think vanilla is pretty good in that regard (I.C.E. was using a lot less advanced AI files from SF 1.0).

I don't know if the file is compatible but I think vanilla is pretty good in that regard (I.C.E. was using a lot less advanced AI files from SF 1.0).

Okay then thanks for the reply. I didn't relize the the latest version of ICE was still using such old files. Infact didn't even know that the ai behavour was changed that much in any of PI patchs. (then again i had only been playing HPP and havent played HOI vanilla for a long time)

This may be more of a Paradox issue than for this DLC but the French still aren't defending the Maginot line well enough. They put 1 unit on each hex but almost never reinforce when the line gets attacked. For the 3rd straight game I have broken through the Maginot line, this time in November of '39, when I wasn't even really trying to. I was just attacking a couple of the hexes with units commanded by leaders that I wanted to get experience for through month long attacks. The French had units behind the line but they were mostly HQ units and none of them even tried to reinforcethe front lines even when it was obvious that my forces were getting to break through.

Now while I don't think France should stack more than 3 units into each Maginot line, or completely abandon the rest of its border when you take a hex (that would make it too easy to defeat them elsewhere), they should try to hold the Maginot Line better, especially when enemy forces aren't close to their other border areas. In my case I didn't have Italy in the Axis yet (stupid me) and hadn't declared war on any of the Benelux countries either, so the only threat the AI should have perceived was the German units attacking the Maginot line.

I will say that in past games with DiG, I HAVE seen France reinforce the Maginot Line when it is obvious a unit is about to be defeated but they don't always do it and I have only seen the AI add 1 division at a time to the defense.

Again, this is probably more of a Paradox issue but am curious what, if anything, can or should be done.

Thanks, just tried to install it and it says that i dont have the program to open it.
Why is this not like a normal patch that installs automatically.
Do i need to install a program??
Cheers

This may be more of a Paradox issue than for this DLC but the French still aren't defending the Maginot line well enough. They put 1 unit on each hex but almost never reinforce when the line gets attacked. For the 3rd straight game I have broken through the Maginot line, this time in November of '39, when I wasn't even really trying to. I was just attacking a couple of the hexes with units commanded by leaders that I wanted to get experience for through month long attacks. The French had units behind the line but they were mostly HQ units and none of them even tried to reinforcethe front lines even when it was obvious that my forces were getting to break through.

Now while I don't think France should stack more than 3 units into each Maginot line, or completely abandon the rest of its border when you take a hex (that would make it too easy to defeat them elsewhere), they should try to hold the Maginot Line better, especially when enemy forces aren't close to their other border areas. In my case I didn't have Italy in the Axis yet (stupid me) and hadn't declared war on any of the Benelux countries either, so the only threat the AI should have perceived was the German units attacking the Maginot line.

I will say that in past games with DiG, I HAVE seen France reinforce the Maginot Line when it is obvious a unit is about to be defeated but they don't always do it and I have only seen the AI add 1 division at a time to the defense.

Again, this is probably more of a Paradox issue but am curious what, if anything, can or should be done.

A lot depnds on if you are also fighting in the low countries. If you are the French send many of their troops there. I'm wondering if the French AI built enough troops. Did the nerf's France received (to make them a little easier) cause them not to build as many units? I have no specifically tested attacking just the Maginot line so I can't be sure about the behavior.

Where units go is PI AI. DIG influenced what France builds (I think) but outside of the OOB and placing VP's there I don't think DIG did much to France.

Thanks, is this patch going to be released offically in the next few weeks

I have unzipped the files, where do i then install them

If this is going to be released offically should i just wait, dont like messing with the files

A lot depnds on if you are also fighting in the low countries. If you are the French send many of their troops there. I'm wondering if the French AI built enough troops. Did the nerf's France received (to make them a little easier) cause them not to build as many units? I have no specifically tested attacking just the Maginot line so I can't be sure about the behavior.

Where units go is PI AI. DIG influenced what France builds (I think) but outside of the OOB and placing VP's there I don't think DIG did much to France.

After I broke through the Maginot line and 1 hex beyond, they threw a lot of divisions at me, including British and Commonwealth ones. As I said earlier, I am not at war with Belgium, The Netherlands or Luxemburg yet so there shouldn't have been any need to keep a lot of forces in northwestern France.

Well, IRL the Allies kept forces along the belgium border just in case the germans did again what they did in WW I (which almost provoked the defeat of Entente powers). If germans tried to assault Belgium’s fortresses, then allied units were supposed to advance into Belgium and take defensive positions. As things went, not only did the Allies take a lot of time to get into Belgium (due to diplomatic blunts, AFAIK), but they also walked into the trap the germans were getting ready. Anyway, as you see, keeping units on the Belgium border is understandable.

Okay, nat spain won so I'll concede that I was unlucky A LOT. On my second 1.02/2.04f campaign China launched a naval invasion again, this time at the isolated Japanese province where their China HQ sits. The Japanese are doing better this time and have defeated that invasion and are pushing forward, but still, Chinese naval invasions seems a little too ahistroical. IMHO, I think China should have all transports removed from their OOB's and be blocked from building them, at least until past the Japanese invasion. Other people have reported a really slow start for Japan and I bet this is why.

Also, there is definitely a patching issue. The patching leaves problems like uboats being unresearchable so I had to reinstall everything to get 1.02 to work. Great improvement though!:)