• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I found what I suspect is a minor bug: when I sign the Anti-Komintern pact with Japan, I lost the strategic effects of Sino-German agreement. Howerver, the agreement is proposed again in april 1937, I sign it, but nothing happened.

Russia is an absolute BEAST in this latest version. Playing on normal and after a couple of months ive already started to bog down. Army Groups being retarded too and constantly reinforcing troops all around the place on strategic redeployment, thats just the annoying part, the real pain is it usually goes through 0 infra provinces so ill be busy microing panzer units only to see stacks of troops going nowhere

Heeresgruppe East = 4 Armees each with 5 armeekorps filled with standard 3inf 1art (so 100 divs all up), panzer armee filled with as you can guess 5 panzer korps. then an extra armee containing 2 mech korps and 1 motorised korps.
Also 2 jager korps landed in Finland and cut off Leningrad but had to end up infra bombing it because high fort level + port destroys any possiblity of snatching it. Still in commi hands.
Complete air domination since I always have a few planes being built to keep up practicals.
Just going to restart. If i micro'd everything I probably wouldve done better but Army group constantly reshuffling has ruined my momentum and I've completely lost supply in most areas and its only September 41. Probably a bit early DD.

Summary.
- Loving the new focus on uboat warfare.
- France was a bit of a cakewalk and didn't adequatley prepare me for the super increased difficulty against Soviets.
- British Isles were stacked with troops (big plus) putting any invasion plans on the backburner till I at least won the war in the east.
- Also like how the ability to speed up the Anschlus was also extended to the Munich agreements.
- Soviets had so so so many divisions that unless I micro'd a total encirclement I couldnt imagine any my usual "smaller" encirclements making any sort of impact.

I'd also be interested hearing what people are doing with the towed flaks.

Last edited:
While I love the mod the map colours used are too dark for me, which files do I need to switch the get the vanilla colours?

Replace \mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung\map\terrain\texturesheet.tga and texturesheet2.tga with the vanilla counterparts (or light them with paint.net).

I found what I suspect is a minor bug: when I sign the Anti-Komintern pact with Japan, I lost the strategic effects of Sino-German agreement. Howerver, the agreement is proposed again in april 1937, I sign it, but nothing happened.

Bug. Fixed now thanks.

Russia is an absolute BEAST in this latest version. Playing on normal and after a couple of months ive already started to bog down. Army Groups being retarded too and constantly reinforcing troops all around the place on strategic redeployment, thats just the annoying part, the real pain is it usually goes through 0 infra provinces so ill be busy microing panzer units only to see stacks of troops going nowhere

What do other people think about the new difficulty? Too much?

Replace \mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung\map\terrain\texturesheet.tga and texturesheet2.tga with the vanilla counterparts (or light them with paint.net).
Thanks!

Devildread said:
What do other people think about the new difficulty? Too much?

I'd say it's still too easy (playing on very hard). But I'm HOI1&2 veteran and I never allow AI to do anything, I direct every single division manually. I guess that using AI was the root of previous poster's problem.

Playing alpha 2.04

Garrison and military police hardly effect revolt levels. with a division with 2 GAR and 2 POL brigade I get these numbers:
revoltx.png

Shouldnt the revolt lvl be 3.02%? or am i missing something?
The revolt rick % is the same for all of my polish provinces, even tho some have more suppression.

I cant do a sea invasion of Sweden as Germany. I pick a province to invade, and select the invasion option. My fleet, with marines, sail to that province, but once it reaches it, it just returns to its base… I have tried to invade multiple provinces with different kinds of invasion forces and fleet compositions nothing seems to work.

Ill try the new beta now.

It is WAD, but it is possible (as I do) to mod it yourself.

In the static_modifiers.txt file (HoI3\mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung\common) look for the "nationalism" entry and place a # before the line "minimum revolt risk" (so only "local revolt risk" will be processed).

This way POL does its job... beware I think checksum might change though

I’m playing with normal difficulty

I’m trading with all kinds of oversea countries even though WW2 has begun, like Brazil (energy) and USA (supplies). They are in charge of the convoys.

When I conquer Sweden, the country is annexed/owned, or whatever it’s called, so I can’t change occupation policies. Unlike Denmark or Norway were you can change occupation policies. At least I would prefer the option to change policies and it would just make more sense.

Germany’s cores in Poland continues to be normal occupied provinces like the other non-core provinces of Poland. Wouldn’t it be more historical if they were incorporated into Germany proper, so I had the full IC, resources and no revolt risk?

All of the Czech Republic has no revolt risk, apart from 3 provinces Plzen, Pribram, Pisek, because they aren’t cores. I don’t know if this is WAD?

Is the spy treat generation mission a little too effective? By mid 1939(before any hostilities) Britain is at 434 treat. I have had 10 spies on the mission from early 1936.

By 1940 Japan is still fighting along the Manchurian border, though they have conquered Vietnam.

Iceland, Green and the Faroe Islands keeps being Danish after the invasion of Denmark.

Like many other mods, the British AI will eventually leave a province with a 10 naval base completely unprotected, tough this mod’s British AI seems even more careless about that.

This is might just be something that only bothers me, but I hate it when a HQ is faster than its divisions, because when you select an entire corps and set it to invade a province the HQ will of cause arrive before the divisions and will often be defeated by counterattacking forces. Of cause it’s something I myself easily can mod. Just thought others might like it too.

I get 2 events about Romania joining the Axis, a few months apart. Romania joined the Axis via the first event

Even though I have invaded most of the British English Channel coast(including all the big ports) the British are still trying to do an invasion of continental Europe, while their homeland is left weakly defended(see picture below)

- British Isles were stacked with troops (big plus) putting any invasion plans on the backburner till I at least won the war in the east.
Not my experience at all:
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7060/englandforeces.png
Im also playing on normal. I dont think there is any proper troops stations on mainland England, its all garrison, militia and HQs

France was a bit of a cakewalk
I agree

@Cocco81

[By 1940 Japan is still fighting along the Manchurian border, though they have conquered Vietnam.

Exactly the same experience. Never made any progress except when reshuffling its troops, in which case it was backwards progress.

I get 2 events about Romania joining the Axis, a few months apart. Romania joined the Axis via the first event

Again same, just a scripting issue that DD will have no problem fixing.

And strange to hear about your experience with the UK. They are definitely much tougher though due to the sheer number of troops stationed there which stops any sort of sneaking in and opening a beach head to move transports in quickly since your enveloped before you know what happened. How did you get all those troops past the Royal Navy?? whatever you did it mustve been gamey lol :)

How did you get all those troops past the Royal Navy?? whatever you did it mustve been gamey lol
I dont know what is considered gamey these days.

I had build about 20 cruisers(mix of light and heavy) which with the help of some CAS keeps the channel clear of smaller enemy navies. But once they engaged a proper navy(with carriers) i did of cause lose, tho i didnt lose any ships, they all just got low org and strength.

But in the weeks between the big navies were patrolling the channel, i had plenty of time to land my troops in Dover and Portsmouth. And although i could see the royal navy patrolling all over the place i didnt lose any convoys. And with only garrison and militia defending major ports, if they were any at all, i was able to capture both Dover and Portsmouth very fast, using about 10 divisions. I did use paratroopers to capture undefended ports, but im sure i would have managed to capture them without paratroopers.

Did i do any "gamey"? :)

Actually, this is the first time I've truly played FtM/DIG and so far so good but stumbling a bit and also noticed a couple of things:

1. 'Release the Wolves' - "...have the option of not to construct Subs at normal high quality..." I am building subs and I don't see any choices?

2. The Government stuff has got me confused and would greatly appreciate if someone could explain it to me, try to get my on the right track:
Started game with NSDAP at 61% approval rating and now down to 38%. I got the Intel guys improving things but it doesn't appear to help:

a. It says the 'Internal Factors = -1.34' and also see 'Fracture Government: -0.05' but I don't know how to improve it. I can't even see what party the ministers belong to so how can I change them... And, frankly, I don't know what effects the NSDAP rating going down the toilet will have. Help?

Rick
PS. DD, I'm loving it! However, my wife is not very happy with you...:):)

DevilDread is there any reason that Nationalist China refuses to accept my expeditionary forces? If the problem has a work around or is solvable on my end please enlighten me :)

Actually, this is the first time I've truly played FtM/DIG and so far so good but stumbling a bit and also noticed a couple of things:

1. 'Release the Wolves' - "...have the option of not to construct Subs at normal high quality..." I am building subs and I don't see any choices?

2. The Government stuff has got me confused and would greatly appreciate if someone could explain it to me, try to get my on the right track:
Started game with NSDAP at 61% approval rating and now down to 38%. I got the Intel guys improving things but it doesn't appear to help:

a. It says the 'Internal Factors = -1.34' and also see 'Fracture Government: -0.05' but I don't know how to improve it. I can't even see what party the ministers belong to so how can I change them... And, frankly, I don't know what effects the NSDAP rating going down the toilet will have. Help?

Rick
PS. DD, I'm loving it! However, my wife is not very happy with you...:):)

1.In the Production Screen, Naval units are special. You can literally swap technologies out, even reduce them to none for any ship built. For example go to the ship production screen and select a battleship. You will see exactly what techs it's equipped with. Now you can click on any one of those techs (Battleship AA Defenses, Battleship Main Armament, Battleship Engines etc..) and swap it with an earlier researched one or drop it entirely to drive down production costs. On all submarines there will be an additional choice of High quality or Normal quality Uboats. You will notice the Normal quality can be built significantly faster.

2. Your Domestic Spies mainly only influence Party Organization (To clarify they do help with Approval rating but it is much more fluctuative, where as Organization you will see Steady increases with Spies working around the clock). Which is visible in the same screen in the topmost righthand corner. Approval Rating is determined by a number of other factors. Including Events, Ministers, other Country's Influence and much much more.

Balancing Game is a hard task.
In this new version, Nacionalist Spain is capable of win the civil war against republican Spain. Legion Condor do their job and return home.
Japan, on the contrary, defeated China easily in previous versions and became unaturaly strong. Now, I'm playing a game were it is not capable of defeating Shanshi. Instead, Corea is being invaded by China.

@Savior2 That's the joy of games like this, Every game is different. I still remember the first HOI game I had where the USA joined the Axis. I squealed like a pig!

My current Campaign isn't going so swell. I sided with Nationalist China all the way. Japan and Manchuria have been invading them for a year. While Nationalist, Communist, and those 4 other smaller offshoots with Chinese names that I don't want to butcher off the top of my head, banding together. Japan just annexed Shanxi which gave me a heart attack as now they can go straight for Nationalist China, I've been crossing my fingers hoping they make a bee-line for the communists instead.

Also to everyone saying France is a cakewalk, France is supposed to be a cakewalk, just like Poland. If the Reich can't get past those Two Historical cakewalks how can they take on the tougher cookies? The Americans, the Brittish, and the Russians? Also if you want a game with France that isn't a cakewalk then don't use the Schlieffen Plan. Try breaking through the Maginot Line, you'll never say War with France is a cakewalk ever again ;)

Last edited:
Not it is november 1937, and I still not abel to solve the problem of Fractured Government, because there is no nazi available to put as Chief of Staff. Is this normal for make the game harder or I´m making something wrong.

I used to start my campaigns building a large industrial park for Germany. It was easy in Semper Fi, because many countries have surpluses. Now, except for the USA, it is impossible. France, Holland and Belgium do not have many rare reources surplus, and Soviet Union will not be able to feed my industry in 1940 and earlu 1941. I prefer the old way. There is something that could be make in this mode to change this?

Foxd1e,
Even if China have more resources, I always prefer to align with japan, because their navy can make some trobule to USA and UK. But I prfer that the Sino japanese War entered in a sort of Stalemate, after Japanese initial success.

Yeah I solved that problem by focusing on the German Navy, which is ahistorical but I didn't want to depend on an ally across the worlds Navy. Right now I have almost equal Carrier Technology with the UK and US. I have 6 Bayern Class Battleships, 5 Battlecruisers, 6 Pocket Battleships, 37 Light and Heavy cruisers, and 12 submarines. And it's only mid 1938. I also plan on pumping out 5-6 Aircraft carriers(With Complimentary CAGs) once the 1938 or 1940 advances are finished. Probably build 4-5 more Battleships when the new tech finishes, and a super Heavy or 2.

I have a powerful Military with 236 Divisions (I have 2 Panzer Armees one with 5 Korps and one with 3 Korps which are mostly Panzer III Fs and IV Gs, I also have about 12 Panzer II C divisions[Panzer IIs are nothing to brag about obviously but I just wanted to invade Poland and France with some historical tanks, hitting Poland with Pz IIIs and IVs is just overkill) (Mid 38') and a decent Navy. I doubt I can oppose the UK yet but I'd say I'm halfway there. The only thing lacking in my game is the Airforce. Which I plan to build up once my Industrial Revolution is over.

P.s. I run Vorwarts Panzers thanks to a great suggestion by DD. I love the mod. Highly reccomend it as it brings so much immersion.

Last edited:
Well, good job with your navy. But I´m too afraid of the Soviets to follow your path.

I´m in troble with my foreign commerce. No one wants to sell metal for me, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Spain, Bulgaria. I used to buy for these sources because they were my future allies and commerce by land, is far more secure. Now i can not do that.

Ahh see that's where the Sino-German agreement comes out on top for me. In the Semper Fi version the agreement provides 15% boosts to Energy, Metal, and Rare Materials. It also says it boosts Oil but i've seen no evidence of that. For Oil i'd reccomend improving relations with or annexing Romania. For the Plioesti Oil Fields Effect. A life saver as my Oil reservers were drying up thanks to all my Ships, Tanks, and Motorized forces.

Last edited:
Plan Z

Dear DevilDread,

Thinking about the debate about prioritize Land Warmachine or a Powerfull Navy, I think future versions of the game could contain an event named "Plan Z", in which Germany should decide which geopolitical future to follow.