• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
sigh, it is not a bug since you can always have only one source of supply per land mass. it can only be berlin and it will only be berlin until the direct way is cut off or berlin is conquered.

comsubpac you are a repected member of this forum, I see many of you posts and I agree with most of what you say. But please don't sigh at me it doesnt help us to understand each other.

However maybe I am not wording my point well enough to communicate to you the issue I have with the game. For this I am sorry.

If I send supplys from berlin to a port then transport them to another port then they get transported to a unit that is close to the reciving port, logic suggests that, that unit would get its supply from that port.

You say this is happening. So if we say it is for one minute, why the hell does the supply map still clearly show that green trail all the way back to berlin by land, and not to the said port in question? It should be going to the receving port! Secoundly this game is so diverse and in deepth in just about every other way, why is the game not dynamic enough to understand that even though I am drawing supplys from berlin the actual final point of land supply is in fact a port like memal! OK the name is the same I get that, the machanics is working ok. However the supply map is not, and logically the deepthness of this game should allow you to understand which flow or channel supplies are travelling down. Listing Berlin for every unit means you have to use the supply map to better mange this, but if it in itself is just showing the land supply and not getting to grips with the supply from port it doesnt work.

So you have helped me understand that the machanics might be dealing with this, and that only ever Berlin will show up. Thank you. But in trying to be a good part of this game community I am flaging something up that need to be looked at forr future major revisions which could expand and better this area of the game, no? A bit of support would not go amiss even if you feel like I dont know what I am talking about, I feel as if I do.

comsubpac you are a repected member of this forum, I see many of you posts and I agree with most of what you say. But please don't sigh at me it doesnt help us to understand each other.

However maybe I am not wording my point well enough to communicate to you the issue I have with the game. For this I am sorry.

If I send supplys from berlin to a port then transport them to another port then they get transported to a unit that is close to the reciving port, logic suggests that, that unit would get its supply from that port.

You say this is happening. So if we say it is for one minute, why the hell does the supply map still clearly show that green trail all the way back to berlin by land, and not to the said port in question? It should be going to the receving port! Secoundly this game is so diverse and in deepth in just about every other way, why is the game not dynamic enough to understand that even though I am drawing supplys from berlin the actual final point of land supply is in fact a port like memal! OK the name is the same I get that, the machanics is working ok. However the supply map is not, and logically the deepthness of this game should allow you to understand which flow or channel supplies are travelling down. Listing Berlin for every unit means you have to use the supply map to better mange this, but if it in itself is just showing the land supply and not getting to grips with the supply from port it doesnt work.

So you have helped me understand that the machanics might be dealing with this, and that only ever Berlin will show up. Thank you. But in trying to be a good part of this game community I am flaging something up that need to be looked at forr future major revisions which could expand and better this area of the game, no? A bit of support would not go amiss even if you feel like I dont know what I am talking about, I feel as if I do.

The game tries to have a green trail from Berlin to every unit. It will always be there. It does not take into account you inserting supplies in a port. Those supplies from the port will at first travel some provinces back to Berlin, but then it will be taken up by a supply trail.

Supplies can only go from Berlin or to Berlin. They cannot go from port to unit.

I bought the DLC from Gamersgate but I can't launch the installer. It just hangs for a while then says that HOI3 isn't installed. The .exe and everything else is installed to C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron III

I bought the game from Impulse, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it, since it should install the same files as Gamersgate.

What should I do?

Got a small problem.

I bought the HOI 3 collection on steam and was wondering that why does steam tell me that i have Dies Irae Götterdämmerung and have it installed but i dont see any changes in the game?

So could anyone help me with this?

Got a small problem.

I bought the HOI 3 collection on steam and was wondering that why does steam tell me that i have Dies Irae Götterdämmerung and have it installed but i dont see any changes in the game?

So could anyone help me with this?

When you open HoI3.exe there is a box for 'select mod to play', change it from 'default' to Dies Irae.
It doesn't work if you use hoi3game.exe.

When you open HoI3.exe there is a box for 'select mod to play', change it from 'default' to Dies Irae.
It doesn't work if you use hoi3game.exe.

I'll add to this. The shortcut to launch the game via the Steam library will not bring up the default launcher. You will have to go to the installation directory Windows 7 x64 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\hearts of iron 3) This may vary if you don't use Win 7 or a x64 system. In there you will find HoI3.exe. Right click on it and select Send to\desktop (create shortcut). Now you will be able to launch the launcher and select the mod. Be sure to install the Beta patch found in post #2 in this thread to avoid a crash.

I´ve got a problem, my map has purple regions( not whole provinces but only parts of provinces). I´ve patched to the latest patch DIG and FTM, and ive deleted map cache when i patched DIG and then again when i ran DIG and saw this problem. I know there was a post how to solve this but i dont want to check 139 pages lol.

I have a problem. So I bought FTM and DIG from steam both are installed. I have patch 2.05 for DIG and installed it into the the mod folder and allowed it to overwrite like the OP says. However when I try to launch it via the launcher it gives me an error message saying "This application has failed to start because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." So I reinstall and same problem. I also have Francescos Models and Counters mod installed (in that order). Can someone please help?

EDIT: Fixed!

Last edited:
Hi,

First, thanks for doing such a detailed and fun mod, i really appreciate all the work put into it. I have enjoyed playing it, but I have had some unfortunate problems that are making it unplayable to me, which is frustrating because I really want to see a campaign all the way through.

First, and most pressing problem: I have had fairly frequent game crashes "hoi3 has stopped working" CTD. I would say on average I'm having one per 20 minutes of game play time, doesn't seem related to events or anything I can pinpoint. Was getting around this by saving a lot but now I'm having problems with a crash-on-save that has become fairly persistent: about 25% of the time I save the game it crashes to the desktop. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Second, fairly major problem: Many of the events "fire" two or three times when they happen. It's not just the event box, but the effects as well. So, in order to get the 2nd/3rd duplicate event boxes to close I have to pick repetitive courses of action, with the immediate effects stacking (dissent hit/supply cost etc). It does not seem to stack anything other than the immediate effects (i.e. no multiple 10% IC bonuses for goering 4 yr plan etc.)

Related possibly relevant info: Many unit detail lists (in production screen listing tech levels, doctrine levels) are duplicated. Also, the non-save-related crashes are almost always preceded by escalating display quirks, like the backgrounds of many pop-up panels will become transparent but otherwise functional, then become partially visible, then later become unuseable.

Background on my setup: Vista 64 with FTM installed (played many campaigns through and worked fine without issues before installing DI:G), patched to the latest, and DI:G with the FTM beta patch (don't remember the number, 2.04 I think), currently on my first campaign - Germany early 1940 started having the crash to save problems only recently in the campaign. Hopefully that helps, any ideas you guys have would be greatly appreciated, would love to play this.

Hi....... just got DIG. I did the HOI3 install, semper Fi and DIG. Game works, but I get a crash when I select leaders. I have installed a patch for DIG, but still get the crash.

What is the lastest patch for DIG? And where can I get this patch for it? Link please, thank you!

If I play without leaders selection, will in time the leaders get inserted by the computer as the game goes along?

Install HOI3+SF ---> Patch to 2.04e, d or f ---> install DiG ---> patch DiG to 1.03beta.

The latest patches and instructions on installing them can always be found on the first page.

What map does DIG use?

I don't believe it uses the original one or does it?

Margaretha map? Community Map Project? Or, did DD and DV make a specific map for DIG?

I would like to use TZoli's nice upgrade to spice up the province's photos but not sure it will work with DIG map.

Anybody? - Rick

Okay guys, I'm listening. What is wrong with Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung 2.06?

The naval map is being reworked and is waiting for the finale FTM patch to come up (since the map is changing).
The next update will be on a few weeks after the finale FTM patch as well. And maybe one update after this one if I see big problems.

I want buglists, savegames and screenshot proof.

--edit: DI:G is using the current FTM map.

Okay guys, I'm listening. What is wrong with Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung 2.06?

The naval map is being reworked and is waiting for the finale FTM patch to come up (since the map is changing).
The next update will be on a few weeks after the finale FTM patch as well. And maybe one update after this one if I see big problems.

I want buglists, savegames and screenshot proof.

--edit: DI:G is using the current FTM map.

apart from the sea map i would say its fine