• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Announcement: 3.06 version of the DI:G DLC will be available on late june, early july.

No new features planned but some rework due to the new map.

my advice, put that in giant bold red letter right at the top of the first post, just my 2 cents worth

Excellent advice, thanks. ;)

i've been around long enough to know how announcements get lost and the question's just start coming

EDIT: looks good, and its the first thing you see on the first page :)

Hey guys,

just bought the HOI 3 collection on steam, after finding out i had to manually launch the game launcher (instead of clicking play in steam) to get the option to run DIG, but as soon as it opens and starts loading i get a error discfile.cpp line 433 or something. Is anyone able to help me with this as DIG is the main reason i bought this from steam

Cheers,

John

No worries after a little google search, people said if they installed the beta patch this fixed the issue, strange maybe steam need to say something on the page to warn people!

Last edited:
There appears a problem in downloading DIG from the zip for the 3.05 on Win7. even with
permission it still will not overwrite or clear out a number of older files which corrupts the
unzip making the mod crash amost upon loading. Not a problem on XP as i have it running
fine on my older comp. wish each of these had an offical launcher! would be so much easier!

Have tried unzipping sepeate and copy/paste but still no joy.

was just plying DIG and noticed that in the tech tab that it seems one of the tech groups is missing, haven't played this since last year. But i remember that there were specific techs for different factions like a Flak tech for the axis, but i cant seem to find it. Has this tab been removed??

Sorry just noticed the beta patch i downloaded was 2.06, but he is currently working on 3.06. Does anyone know what the version is that comes on steam as i cant work out how to delete just the MOD and re-install it to find out. Just want to make sure im not using a heaps old version

IGNORE found answer one page back

best way to help people if you aren't sure of the info you posses is to point them in the right direction

- Install FTM and patch 3.05
- Be sure the DLC installed
- Download Dies_Irae_Gotterdammerung_beta_2.06
- Extract it to the FTM \mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder (if you're not sure, see below for extracting-101)
- Overwrite when prompted (the archive files should replace the Dies Irae ones)

Last edited:
Their Finest Hour

Can we count on the fact the DI:G will be made compatible with Their Finest Hour when it comes out?

Can't say it will be possible but I'll try. The game is starting to be a lot different from SF when DIG was created.

Can't say it will be possible but I'll try. The game is starting to be a lot different from SF when DIG was created.

Ohh god no don't take DI:G away from me. Going to have to beg Paradox to take on these DLCs if you dont manage to get them working! Could you imagin a nightmare of a non Germany specific HOI3 it doesnt bare thinking about! lol

Think thats the biggest compliment to you Devilread I could possibly pay!

I certainly hope you will be able to get it compatible since playing vanilla Germany (or US) is pretty much impossible for me now after experiencing these amazing mods haha.

That being said, all we can ask of you is to try. I really appreciate the effort that you put into not only making the mods in the first place, but also doing your damnedest to support them well after your official obligations ended. =D

Oh no, not having DIG would be a nightmare for me. The risk of losing such a great DLC really takes away from the excitement of a new expansion, but like the people before me said all the effort is appreciated and if it can work great, if not I will keep a copy of FTM just so I can continue to enjoy your work lol.

When I say 'I don't know if it is possible', I mean all the features. The units, 3D models and tech will definitely be in the new expansion. It's actually easy to make compatible. The hard part is all the events and mechanisms.

Don't worry I'll make an early release with units, tech, modifiers and gfx.

The version of Gotterdammer I just bought on Impulse/Gamestop is 1.00.001 according to Gamestop's game panel.
It is installed on FTM version 3.05.009 (Impulse-Gamestop version either), and it works perfectly.

However, I see on top of the 1st post:
[Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung] Report thread - 1.02 beta is out!
Impossible to find a link for this 1.02beta though...:(

p.s.: finding DLC in this forum is a pain in the neck. No visibility at all. And this thread has way too many posts! Why not having a clear and obvious distinct sub-forum for all official DLCs??? (and clear links on the main paradoxplaza web site for all DLCs for all games.... I am sure more people would buy as way too many do not even know that they exist...). Like me: 8 months for discovering them!!!
:blush:

Last edited:
Thank you

Thank you for that my heart rate is slowing. Maybe another suggestion, all your mods are great but it is a lot of work for you, could you combine some of them? More work now I know but less work for updates?

When does bitter peace kick in?? I am in August 1942 and i have taken Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad, Voronez, Murmamensk, Archealesk, Kalinin, etc.. etc... Pushing in Caucases and heading towards the Oil city.

A crash in early Oct/39!
playing as GER. limited war with poland on 9/01/39. drop kicked em'.
in the process of occupying and shifting the heer to the west, and i had
a revolt in a polish province (revolt level=5.9%) on oct 8th.
with the next save the game went bellyup!
i'm not sure that, as i remember, i went with the danzig or war decision or just
a just a limited dow thru the diplo screen.
2 q's:
anyone else experience this prob?
and how much of a difference is there between goin with danzig or war decision and just the
limited dow thru diplo?
i have noticed that the partisan screen shows red provs where the general govournment would be,
but no polish partition event after the polish surrender.

thanks

So i bought this DLC and got HOI 3 Collection. Whenever i download it (via Gamersgate) and try to install it it immediately quits with the message 'Hearts of Iron 3 is not installed'.
What do i do?

Has this been resolved for you? If not I can help explain what registry entries you need to make to get the GamersGate installer to work. Under the tech support section I posted in a couple of threads on what the solution is.

Hello
A question about invading Gibraltar, i playing DIG, 1.02 FTM 3.05 now is June 1941 no problem invaded Poland, Yugoslavia, Greece,Norway and Denmark; Italy take north Egypt, Malta and Suez, Iraq is now my Puppet, French fallen, No barbarrosa yet.
The RN in Mediterranean was destroyed.
But still i can't invaded Gibraltar: my fleets simple cant go to the Straits, when i send my invasion force instead to go direct to the target it goes around Africa ( what would be both too long and very risk).
Fist i tough it might be an Allied Fleet on the Harbor indeed there was one Light Cruise so i send my CAG and sunk it, even so i can't attack.
Thought about the NAT Spa side so i ask for transit right, with was accept, stiil can't attack, planned land in Spanish territory to attack nope ( that i can understand as Spain is still neutral).
So now i'll try to the risky Atlantic attack, but my question is it's a bug? or WAD i could understand with a fleet there, but there is not and there is only a GAR division there so nothing to hinder my Fleet.
Thanks for the attention.

Has this been resolved for you? If not I can help explain what registry entries you need to make to get the GamersGate installer to work. Under the tech support section I posted in a couple of threads on what the solution is.
It has been resolved.
I still had an older HoI3 Collection Installer still on my computer which i used (pittyful internet speed but big harddrive) and that installer was broken (from works) and did not edit the regedit, thus being invisible to DI:G.
New Installer downloaded and ...Puff.

It's not a bug or something. Who is in controll of Gibraltar, blockade the Gibraltar Strait, and you can't cross between Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean. And Gibralter is on the Atlantic side of the peninsula, so you can invade only from the Atlantic.