• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi,
just bought Gotterdammerung yesterday. Unfortynately it crashes when I try to run it, during "Initialising maplogic" step. It crashes to desktop with error message: File exception: Exception in: discfile.cpp, line 431. Decription: Could not open file

Can anyone help me there?
I used to have clean verion of HoI3, patched. Yesterday I bought Semper Fi, For the motherland and Dies irae.
i have installed Semper Fi, patched it, then did the same for For the motherland and after patching I have installed Dies Irae. Unmodded version runs just fine, but when I select Dies Irae: Gottderdammerung as a mod, it crashes at "Initialising maplogic" thing :( Did i do soemthing wrong?

Doh! That must be the culprit. I'm downloading it now. Got terribly confused with the acronyms ;) Just figured out what the SF and FTM stand for, but still have no idea what the DLC is. Thanks!

I have tried going to the forums to get a patch for Dies Irae Götterdämmerung to work with HOI3 for the motherland and the game will still not play. I need help on this and to please explain where i can go to upload a patch. I have gone to the forum that was provided to me and have twice tried to download a patch to this to make both games work, but the file that i need to click on never appears. I had another person who is more knowledge about computers and they couldnt find it either. My HOI3 for the motherland works great, but this is very frustrating that i can only play one of the two games i have bought. The game will go to the opening sequence where there is a M24 Chaffee and the clock will rotate for a minute then the clock will change to a waiting circle, (the ones you get when the internet is loading up a web page) and will then lock up. The box that pops up after i exit the game from it being locked up will just say HOI3 has stopped working. Help please.

the patch for FTM is available in the 2nd post of this thread (Page 1) but be aware it's a beta version and may not work entirely.

Hi everyone, here's a little summer news from the silent part of the tiny DI:G team. :)

For anyone interested, an optional graphical update is under construction for DI:G. It's not a patch, as it changes the way brigade images look (instead of the soldiers it has full body images of soldiers, panzers and so on), and some people might not want it. So it will be an optional mod for anyone who'd like it. Here's an image to demonstrate. :)

View attachment 38639

It would be great to hear if anyone would be interested in such a gfx pack, so I know if it's worth the work to do all the models or not. :)

-Danevang

PS: As this is a mod being done in my spare time there's no ETA yet, as I've got several other projects on the drawing board. ;) Also, I'll be without a steady internet access in the coming week or so (I'm moving on monday!), so I won't be able to answer any questions quite as fast as I'd like. I'll try to check the forum as often as I can though. :)

Oh, Beautiful! I am speechless.

Quick question. Does this game work with FTM and the 3.04 patch? I'd like to play it but ive seen some threads that indicate it wont work with FTM?

There is an Alpha patch out in the 2nd post of this thread. But use at own risk.

So basically your saying it wont work. Will it affect my current FTM by downloading DIG and the patch?

The 3.04 patch should be ok on its own. The DIG however will work but might however mess up your checksum. Make a backup copy in another folder.

In a current game I recieved the Battle of Leningrad event twice. One when I took Leningrad, and a second time after a battle defending it (which was both some couple of months later and not the first time I had defended it). Second event happened after a save reload. Not sure if that is WAD.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, here's a little summer news from the silent part of the tiny DI:G team. :)

For anyone interested, an optional graphical update is under construction for DI:G. It's not a patch, as it changes the way brigade images look (instead of the soldiers it has full body images of soldiers, panzers and so on), and some people might not want it. So it will be an optional mod for anyone who'd like it. Here's an image to demonstrate. :)

View attachment 38639

It would be great to hear if anyone would be interested in such a gfx pack, so I know if it's worth the work to do all the models or not. :)

-Danevang

PS: As this is a mod being done in my spare time there's no ETA yet, as I've got several other projects on the drawing board. ;) Also, I'll be without a steady internet access in the coming week or so (I'm moving on monday!), so I won't be able to answer any questions quite as fast as I'd like. I'll try to check the forum as often as I can though. :)

Seriously?! You really have to ask? OF COURSE! It looks great but only if it doesn't interfere too much with your official mod work.

What is my checksum? Sorry your dealing with someone not so computer savvy

Over simplifying things a bit. A check-sum is a way to ensure that all the files in a program are the same. There are two common uses of it by the players. The first is to check to see if an install is good. The second is used to make sure everyone in a Multilayer game have the same version.