• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any advice to form a good mecahnized corps which doesn´t include armor? Just out of purely aesthetic reasons I would like to see the mechanized divisions counter, so I am planning about building divisions based on MECs. My problem is the few units that would give my MECs combined arms bonus whitout losing the nice mechanized counter (which are, Jagpanzer and Assault Gun, IIRC) are slow as hell. Do you know of any division build based around MECs which is fast, gets CA and doesn´t contain armor?

Thank you
These two combinations will give you Combined Arms without Panzers (so that you can see the MEC counter image for the division):
MECH + MECH + AG + AG (Assault Gun - Stugs)
MECH + MECH + TD + TD (Tank Destroyer - Jagdpanzers)
note: you can basically add Self-Propelled Artillery, S.P. Rocket Artillery, or Armored Cars (Scouts) to the above combinations without spoiling the CA benefit.
It's fun to see the MECH icon alongside your infantry and Armored divisions on the map. I like seeing the icon, probably like you do too.

Tried posting this in the main forum, but since it didn't get any replies, I'll post it here.

The Assault Gun seems like a wonderful unit. I build 3xINF/AG and vary that with 3xINF/ART. Does anyone else use the AG a lot?
Also, does anyone use all the different AA units? If so, in what situations?
Yes, Galrion, I use it and like the unit too.... and yes, I use AA and FLAK as well (think of FLAK as highly-mobile AT units that provide some Air-Defense as well), and I like to put AA units into the Ports that I feel like defending, since the Brits usually pound with Air during their amphibious invasions.

Hi guys.

After Poland's surrender, i saw that German cores were annexed to Reich, which made me happy as i think it should be like this. So i expected that is going to be same for Alsace-Lorraine. I saved my game just before French surrender, in order to see what will happen. But after the surrender, there was not any difference. I waited about a month, as a event may fire, but nothing. I also looked to events folder, but i just saw an "Ask for Alsace" event. Wiki map* says Alsace-Lorraine was annexed to German Reich. Of course i can add a wargoal about it, but then there will not be German cores. I think an event would be great.

Thanks in advance.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:France_map_Lambert-93_with_regions_and_departments-occupation.svg

Devildread, I have found something. I dont know where should I write. There is a strategic effect for SU, which means 300% manpower, if their division number is below 150. Its happened, and as Germany I got the manpower bonus also after my occupied soviet territories. I dont think this is the proper way. Thanks.

Ironhead,

And the patch for FtM (I think it is 3.05). Did you install it before you installed DIG?

Rick

Hey Rick,

Thanks for reply.

I thought the launcher already automatically updated when i installed?

I just checked right now it said i was updated to latest patch. :(

I hate having problems with this i just wanna plaaaay!!!

alsace lorraine was never officially annexed by germany. the original vichy event as it is in vanilla ftm is quite historical.
that´s true. But it´s a game of WWII and i like to change history, not to follow it like a slave. I´m the head of the staate in this game, i choose the road where my country goes. :)

Thanks again Devildread, :)
i have a little bit modding skill and my english, after fix a first sub-mod Vorwärts Panzers (thanks Thaegen) for DI:G 2.05 - 2.06 then my next project called "D.I.Y"

my previous work : http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ort-thread&p=12787777&viewfull=1#post12787777

"D.I.Y" project contains
HOI3:FTM-3.05
-main-mod- HOI3: Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung-beta_2.06
-sub-mod- Dies Irae : Vorwärts Panzers UNOFFICIAL Pre-alpha_1.4 (based on VWP3.5 shared to another forum.)
-sub-mod- Franceso's Dies Irae Models Mod 1.04
-sub-mod- Dies Irae : Order of the Black Sun (Prototype ,Paper ,Secret and Crazy Projects) Not share this time.
-sub-mod- Dies Irae : Darkest Hour Universal Music (add HoI2 music and more Epic music ..X-Ray Dog -Dethroned..etc) Not share(copyright reason).

DiesIraeootbs002.jpg

DiesIraeootbs003.jpg

DiesIraeootbs001.jpg

thanks again, for share this idea. :)

how is the progress of your mod? I like to give it a go.

U.S. Claims Greenland and Iceland:

When I launch the attack against Denmark (can't remember the name of the operation) I ALWAYS take Iceland and Greenland FIRST, before invading Denmark. Iceland is crucial: which is why the U.S. is so fast to run in and grab it.

My issue is that if I go and TAKE those lands, I'm not going to hand them over to the U.S. ... even though they are trading me tons of lovely rares.

I don't know how else to handle this, but just having those lands GIVEN to the U.S. because they claim them is not right.

I can understand where I invade Denmark and ignore Iceland and Greenland; they're just sitting there in the North Atlantic, which is important to U.S. interests. But if I already have troops on those territories, then its "too-little-too-late" for the U.S.

Now, I also always invade England early in 1940. Its just good policy to have England in your pocket before Barbarossa. Maybe the U.S. could strike a deal with Denmark if I don't take Iceland and Greenland before invading England?

This would create an interesting tension - Germany has to run the gauntlet of the Royal Navy to rush to take Iceland and Greenland before invading England in order to gain those assets. If Germany invades England first (which is obviously easier) than Iceland and Greenland immediately go to the U.S.

Its not historical, but it is plausible. I understand its the same thing in the end, but I did NOT like having those territories taken right out from underneath me!

Ideas?

Is there an update planed for DIG? So the US will be more aggressive including Japan and naval? And the Minors will fight a bit harder and better! (romania and hungary for example). LUA latest version could solve a lot of these problems I guess.. Anyway: a lot of questions but whats the future of this mod DD?

Is there an update planed for DIG? So the US will be more aggressive including Japan and naval? And the Minors will fight a bit harder and better! (romania and hungary for example). LUA latest version could solve a lot of these problems I guess.. Anyway: a lot of questions but whats the future of this mod DD?

It's a DLC and it's made by Devildread, those 2 factors can give a clear answer to you - it will be updated and it has a "future" (why you're even asking that?).

Actually as I find the current beta patch in a good state I am waiting for the official 3.06 patch for FTM before updating anything. :)

Actually as I find the current beta patch in a good state I am waiting for the official 3.06 patch for FTM before updating anything. :)

I remember some players reporting in this thread AI in 2.06 having broken building files, have they been wrong? (I'm still playing a 2.05 campaign so I can't weigh here myself).

Please find the reports because I don't remember anything like that and the building file isn't altered by DIG (or maybe you are talking about AI production and not buildings like infra, AA etc.?).

Hi,
Well, I've finally found the source of the problem. It's not 3.05-2.06 clash, but 2.06-ai_production_minister.lua from Lothos' 3.06 beta lua files. They are incompatible. The problem can be seen in the system.log. Sorry for the false alarm. However, I must confess that those beta ai files are a really huge improvement, and I prefer to sacrifice the current DIG AI files in favour of the new ones ;)