• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The AI seems to use a lot of AA-brigades, sure the defenders didn't have any? But you're right. air forces do take lots of damage.

100% sure :)

It's been happening a lot, sometimes the division would be in a province with static AA so I thought that was what caused all the damage. It's not consistent either, sometimes I can bomb multiple divisions almost without taking any damage.

It's been happening a lot, sometimes the division would be in a province with static AA so I thought that was what caused all the damage. It's not consistent either, sometimes I can bomb multiple divisions almost without taking any damage.

I agree with this. My bombers were operating from the top of Denmark against a landing in southern Norway and they got messed up. To the point of being like the previous poster. WAD?

I agree with this. My bombers were operating from the top of Denmark against a landing in southern Norway and they got messed up. To the point of being like the previous poster. WAD?

Do you guys have the Vortez(?) panzers mod? If so he made some changes to the def/tough issue and this might be the cause of it.

Almost sounds like your bomber force is out of supply? Where are they based from?

No, not out of supply, plenty of supply. They are based from Crete which has been captured recently and where a British fleet wasbased so there was a lot of supplies and fuel.
It was on several occasions, each from a different province, always in supply. Usually when there is no supply in the province there isn't any fuel either, so the planes dont fly :)

Are you using the 1.03 patch?

There was some problem with planes due to the national pride modifier (UK having 50% combat efficiency for planes over their core). This should be fixed but maybe not, I need you to state the version you were using. :)

The latest, 1.03.

EDIT: now it's against dodecanese island, 3 MNT brigades, nothing else VS 3 TAC wings.
The defenders don't seem to have any special bonuses, nor the TAC any special disadvantages. The MNT have +20, +10 and +15% from experience, radio and leadership respectively, nothing out of the ordinary.

Yet my TAC wings lose almost 10 strength each bombing run.

Last edited:
The latest, 1.03.

EDIT: now it's against dodecanese island, 3 MNT brigades, nothing else VS 3 TAC wings.
The defenders don't seem to have any special bonuses, nor the TAC any special disadvantages. The MNT have +20, +10 and +15% from experience, radio and leadership respectively, nothing out of the ordinary.

Yet my TAC wings lose almost 10 strength each bombing run.
Same, nothing special, no vorwatz or nuthin

Dealing with Republican Spain

Sometimes Republican Spain wins. Sometimes it loses. I just hate to lose the condor legion when Republican Spain wins.

Take over Republican Spain just after the revolution. Delete most of the republican army.

:eek:Be inducted into the "Legion of Shame" by Generalissimo Fransico Franco.:eek:

Let one hour clock by. Save and game. Go back in as Gemany. ;)

I might have missed this since this thread is so many pages long. Using the latest beta 1.03 my the icons for my leaders (defensive, offensive...etc) are back the vanilla ones, is that correct? Also the Russian railway has a negative modifier and noting positive, why would I research it? is it an activated by event tech?

I might have missed this since this thread is so many pages long. Using the latest beta 1.03 my the icons for my leaders (defensive, offensive...etc) are back the vanilla ones, is that correct? Also the Russian railway has a negative modifier and noting positive, why would I research it? is it an activated by event tech?

Icons are fine. We changed them since the beta because they weren't readable enough.

Russian railway tech disable the russian railway strategic effect. Your call between the -33% supply throughput of the effect or the -10% IC of the tech.

I am using Francesco mod, but not all german brigades get the nice drawing (for example, infantry and other units still show photos, not drawings) is this WAD or I did mess the install up?
By the way, which checksum are you getting with 2.04 f and 1.03?

Oh my god... I didn't notice that the toughness/defensiveness bug is still here, it turns out the whole time I was wasting leadership on researching technologies that I won't even be able to fully use (used to playing HPP mod, Slan changed the def/tough values there to the normal ones, he said it still needs some re-balancing, but I haven't found any problems there).

EDIT: It's October 1937 in my game and I still can't research U-Boat technologies, as it shows that "German U-boot" event prequisite is not met yet... what is going on here? As far as I remember I could research them in 1936 in my previous game. If there were supposed to be some kind of events and they didn't trigger, then there is your bug - I saved the game in early 1936 and then loaded it and apparently now none of the U-Boat events have triggered.

Last edited:
I missed out on the creation of Croatia event because Italy had captured one of the provinces required for it. Would it be possible to add an event where you could force your Axis allies to cede the provinces required for it's creation? Maybe with some cost.

I HAVE SOME BOXES OVER THE MODEL PICTURES

Please try:
1. Copy the HOI3 entire folder (+SF+patch+DIG) to your desktop. I said copy, so you have 2 HOI3 folders now.
2. Now go back to the old HOI3 and copy the entire \mod directory
3. Paste it into the new HOI3 copy, overwrite the files.

I suspect there is a conflict with creation dates or something within vanilla and DI:G. If you copy DI:G over itself it may make DI:G newer than vanilla files and then the game will take DI:G gfx and the bug would disappear.

Since I can't reproduce your bug I can't help you more than that. Please be sure your follow the exact steps and report back.

I tried what you suggested but it didn't work.
I use steam HOI patch 2.04f
DI:G 1.03
Francesko Mod 1.03 and I use the additional graphics (loadingscreen ...)

Any other suggestions?

Edit: my checksum is VUXR

Do you guys have the Vortez(?) panzers mod? If so he made some changes to the def/tough issue and this might be the cause of it.

Vorwärts Panzers.
I don't think my changes could cause this. (but you never know;-))
On a side note, when Vorwärts Panzers for 1.3 is ready, try it. It adds a lot more than only a detailed tank mod.