• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The patch will be with the above changelog at least + the Italian-France fix (stronger french alps forts).

Army restructuring tool should work I guess, I don't know how it works but I used one for I.C.E. so I believe it is compatible with anything (since it should only mess with the savegame).

Brandenburgers and Fallschirmjager grant bonus to the divisions they are attached to because of their terrain stats. See the +60% combat in plains for instance, that means a division of Inf+Inf+Inf+Commando will have 0+0+0+60/4 = 15% combat bonus in plains etc. for all terrains.

I'm finding that my consumer goods (first few months of '36) is forever fluctuating. I haven't done any trades, replaced any ministers since the first day, haven't built anything yet (placed anything anyway), haven't received any messages that a foreign country is messing with me. I never saw this much fluctuation in SF. I just had it jump from 25.4 to 30.2 for no apparent reason.

Is this normal?

Some of the events gives propaganda bonuses that lower dissent, which means lower consumer goods. :)

The consumer goods keep increasing though. For events I've had Reoccupying the Rhineland, the one about better subs (I never did see how to make the subs better quality/or faster via the production screen tho), helping China (I did IC and supplies), the GG regiment and that's about it. Again though, every week or so it goes up a little except for that one big jump from 25 to 30 (which no proceeding minister change or event). I'm up to the beginning of July now and have to keep adjusting the consumer goods slider a few % points up to keep it out of the red every week.

I love the DLC so far but never experienced continual CG movement like this since the release of HoI 3.

(and thanks for the quick and easy to understand responses to everyone who has posted about your DLC, that's great customer support! :) )

I followed the support Nationalist China route, and got the option for them to join the axis in early 1938. Because they were at war with Japan, I am now at war with Japan, and all the "at war" flags have been set, which means I cannot trigger the Sudatenland events or start the Case White Operation. Japan won't give peace so I cannot see how I can get back on track with an historical flow of events in Europe.

Is this the intended effect of pulling the Nationalist Chinese into the Axis? Being at war with an Asian nation, should not have that much impact on European Politics.

Last edited:
In my new game I also chose the Nationalist China route, they won't join Axis yet ("Impossible") - which is dumb by them, I'd be glad to help them repel the Japanese. In general, I have to admit, I don't really see the advantage of going the China route? (I like playing a bit ahistorical, though, thats why I did it). After all, Japan has a stronger military and can actually help you in some cases, whilst with China you have to do a lot for them to actually survive :(

The patch will be with the above changelog at least + the Italian-France fix (stronger french alps forts).

Army restructuring tool should work I guess, I don't know how it works but I used one for I.C.E. so I believe it is compatible with anything (since it should only mess with the savegame).

Brandenburgers and Fallschirmjager grant bonus to the divisions they are attached to because of their terrain stats. See the +60% combat in plains for instance, that means a division of Inf+Inf+Inf+Commando will have 0+0+0+60/4 = 15% combat bonus in plains etc. for all terrains.

Some of the events gives propaganda bonuses that lower dissent, which means lower consumer goods. :)

But the imbalance between the Italian and French force could also be seen in the Africa Continent... Can you make some adjustments to tilt the balance in favor of France? thx

I'm getting a crash every time I try to add a leader. I stripped all leaders in Jan. 2, reoccupied the Rhineland and now in late January, I had the AI reorganize and attempted to assign leaders. Every time, it crashes. Should I upload the saved file and DxDiag here or in the report bug forum?

Just had a weird bug with the Four Year Plan.

I went the Heavy Industry option but instead of seven random owned provinces getting their infrastructure upped to 100 I got the following outcome:
5 of the listed provinces remained unchanged at 80 infra.
2 of the listed provinces got their infra upped to 108.
5 other non-listed provinces got their infra upped to 108.

Game version: HoI3 v2.04f (AJFG)
Mod: DI:G with no changes/edits made

before I buy it:how to switch back to normal hoi3?what about save games?on steam....is this dlc friendly with hoi3 complete steam version?

The switch is when you launch the game, you choose either HOI3 or Dies Irae. Both savegames are stored in their respective folders so this is totally safe. This is the point of the DLC thing, not to change your normal HOI3 checksum.

I'm getting a crash every time I try to add a leader. I stripped all leaders in Jan. 2, reoccupied the Rhineland and now in late January, I had the AI reorganize and attempted to assign leaders. Every time, it crashes. Should I upload the saved file and DxDiag here or in the report bug forum?

PATCH UP TO 2.04D AT LEAST. 2.04E IS BETTER.

Just had a weird bug with the Four Year Plan.

I went the Heavy Industry option but instead of seven random owned provinces getting their infrastructure upped to 100 I got the following outcome:
5 of the listed provinces remained unchanged at 80 infra.
2 of the listed provinces got their infra upped to 108.
5 other non-listed provinces got their infra upped to 108.

Game version: HoI3 v2.04f (AJFG)
Mod: DI:G with no changes/edits made

Yeah it seems the popup informations are off, since the whole process is random there is no real change anyway. The point is to have some provinces with better infra.

I just did a complete reinstall of everything and installed the 2.04F patch. It seems to work, but I'll do some more testing.

I just bought the DLC and was really excited to try it. But, when the download was done and the installation was supposed to start I got an error message: "Hearts of Iron III is not installed",
even though HoI3 is installed and I've reinstalled it once aswell. First time it was installed on another HDD than "C", so I reinstalled it on "C" but it still doesn't work.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

I bought it from Gamers Gate so i got a pain in the ass "launch" file, I was able to get an exe though, when the error message is up the launch file gets replaced by an .exe file. Didn't really help since it still said "Hearts of Iron III is not installed" when i launched it with the .exe.

Edit: I've been working for a few hours and still haven't fixed it. I've run out of ideas and I don't really know what to do now.

Last edited:
Hey. I realized that with the bug which doesn't recognize a comintern neighbor, noone can really start testing Barbarossa until the patch. I'm kind of familiar with how to edit a paradox save file. Could someone describe in detail how to edit a save to give the player the Barbarossa operation tech so that people can test that part of the DLC?

have the AIs supplie consumption been reduced again? i am constantly getting naval invasions where the Allies are suppling 100,000+ troops in areas i strugle to keep 30,00 supplied in. Most i saw was the US supplying 200,000 troops with armour from 1 lvl 3 port:wacko:

have the AIs supplie consumption been reduced again? i am constantly getting naval invasions where the Allies are suppling 100,000+ troops in areas i strugle to keep 30,00 supplied in. Most i saw was the US supplying 200,000 troops with armour from 1 lvl 3 port:wacko:

When troops invade they are given a stockpile for 30 days if I remember correctly. Wait for a month and see if they are still supplied.

Maybe this is not the place for that, but I wanted to tell you that it was by far the best DLC I ever bought.

+1. Keep the good work Devildread and Danevang.

"Hungry" for more events, decisions and historical data (unit names, techs, etc..) ;)

you mean I launch the game through steam and it pops up a window in which I can choose which one to play,right?
about the patches,I bought it but it seems there is no patches yet for this dlc,how to get them on steam?
wanna register it here but got several codes(complete pack from steam),which one to type and where?thx

I just bought the DLC and was really excited to try it. But, when the download was done and the installation was supposed to start I got an error message: "Hearts of Iron III is not installed",
even though HoI3 is installed and I've reinstalled it once aswell. First time it was installed on another HDD than "C", so I reinstalled it on "C" but it still doesn't work.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

I bought it from Gamers Gate so i got a pain in the ass "launch" file, I was able to get an exe though, when the error message is up the launch file gets replaced by an .exe file. Didn't really help since it still said "Hearts of Iron III is not installed" when i launched it with the .exe.

Edit: I've been working for a few hours and still haven't fixed it. I've run out of ideas and I don't really know what to do now.

Hi, Coto >> You are not alone. I am in exactly the same boat. This is a real mystery and PITA. In order to avoid Windows7 issues, I install HOI3/SF 2.04e on C:\Games instead of ProgramFiles... This DLC from GamersGate, not using Steam.

>>> Devildread -- > help, please!

Also, would including a readme.txt file in the DLC regarding installation how-to's and gotcha's be a good idea? - It would save us from sifting through a growing thread for clues. Thanks!

I started Barbarossa on 1 April 1941. The next day, I was hit with "General Winter" (and "Russian Ralways", but that's OK). It is wrong to be surprised by a sudden hard winter at the very start of a major offensive. General Winter should not occur before the winter of 1941 (late 1941). If the General Winter event stays coded as it is, Barbarossa hould be limited to not occur before 1 May 1941.

When I called Italy to Arms (after the fall of Paris), they quickly defeated the British in North Afrika. If I can get Turkey into the Axis, they will romp into Russia from the South.

It's May 1941 and I am still short on manpower (I have built it up to about 300 but I have only built about 16 Garrison divisions since the war began). My monthly increase is OK, so perhaps it is something I did pre-war. I don't know how those that went ahistoric survived without the diplomatic event manpower benefits.

The start of Barbarossa has been epic. I advanced on Leningrad from Finland and did a marine landing on the South. It was a huge fight to surround it and it looks like it is going to take a long time to defeat it. I am guessing yopu have given it level 10 forts. Whetever the cause, it looks like some city fights will be long and hard. Support from Romania has been disappointing. In real life, they did well. In ICE, they do well. In my game, they immediately started losing ground and needed help from my forces to advance.

I started Barbarossa on 1 April 1941. The next day, I was hit with "General Winter" (and "Russian Ralways", but that's OK). It is wrong to be surprised by a sudden hard winter at the very start of a major offensive. General Winter should not occur before the winter of 1941 (late 1941). If the General Winter event stays coded as it is, Barbarossa hould be limited to not occur before 1 May 1941.

When I called Italy to Arms (after the fall of Paris), they quickly defeated the British in North Afrika. If I can get Turkey into the Axis, they will romp into Russia from the South.

It's May 1941 and I am still short on manpower (I have built it up to about 300 but I have only built about 16 Garrison divisions since the war began). My monthly increase is OK, so perhaps it is something I did pre-war. I don't know how those that went ahistoric survived without the diplomatic event manpower benefits.

The start of Barbarossa has been epic. I advanced on Leningrad from Finland and did a marine landing on the South. It was a huge fight to surround it and it looks like it is going to take a long time to defeat it. I am guessing yopu have given it level 10 forts. Whetever the cause, it looks like some city fights will be long and hard. Support from Romania has been disappointing. In real life, they did well. In ICE, they do well. In my game, they immediately started losing ground and needed help from my forces to advance.

In ICE a lot has been done to Romania. Maybe DD could ask the creator of the Romanian part to be included in Dies Irae:G Or I could ask it and add it in my sub-mod if it is allowed.