• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Has the patch for this to work with FTM been released yet? If so, where is it?

I think DD you were asking also for suggestions. I would suggest if both Russia
and Germany adhere to the RT pact that Russia should not mobilize prior to July
30, 1941. This would at least conform to Stalin not wanting to provoke the Germans
into attacking early (tho he had hoped for 1942-3 i believe for the war).

Also add a single AA point for SP arty as this size unit would have attached AAA assets
in most armies, at least after 1941 when motorization of most arty units occured and
most AAA units were towed by powered vehicles, not by horses. This would add a
minimal amount of AAA to motorized/armored units in lieu of an entire AAA brigade that
would still be an option (that i do myself on "Westfront" assigned Panzer/PG divisions).

Have a real "Pearl Harbor" effect that a random number of US BBs are damaged/destroyed
when that event fires otherwise the event really has no meaning.

Have the Phillipine Army automatically become exp forces to the US if the Phillipines are
invaded. redo their pre42 diviisons so they cannot be loaded onto ships by the "weight" modifier
i think you use now. Have the Phillipines switch to US territory until March 1945 to allow
for proper supply shipping and movement of forces (of course when occupied by Japan
they are just that..occupied) or at least Manila and Clark Field (tho Manila will remain
as the Phillipine Capital).

I will put more down as i am in my 7th test game and watch how Japan, the US, Britain,
and Russia are playing againt/for each other.

Feedback on FtM + DI:G Alpha:

So far it plays out very nice, the only thing I missed was the 'Condor Legion' returning from Spain. ASW seems pretty harsh during 1939 and 1940, with quite some sub losses. Guess that's not specific for DI:G but inherited from FtM. My PBB were able to severely havoc English merchants though (around the Globe :)), so my newer subs aren't having so much troubles.

Got the events for Rhine, Czechoslovakia, hungary in Axis (gaining slovakia) and Poland (ribbentrop). Surrender of Denmark -> GiE (Iceland mine, greenland still Denmark), surrender of Norway -> GiE, surrender of NL, BE & Lux -> GiE, fall of france with Vichy, Total surrender of Sweden (no GiE), Switzerland -> GiE, Romania in Axis, Yugoslavia (Op. Marita & Croatia decision) & Greece surrender -> GiE.

Got the events for the war in the Atlantic (although the happy times where not so happy), naval bases in France, Afrika Korps, Sino-German events, Russian & german events, Triparte; I guess all the events are working correctly apart from the condor legion return. Note that Nationalist China has not fallen after I send them advisers 2 times. In fact they are pushing Japans 1 million troops back with 1.5/2 million troops. Heavy fighting going on there. Feel that I shouldn't helped them so much, since in the end I chose Japan.

One thing I noticed. If I let Croatia be an independent State, it leads to me having to supply Split & Greece through the Med. This is disastrous for my convoys. I couldn't release Greece as a state anymore (perhaps because Italy took half?). So, Croatia was quite a problem for me since it meant I had to withdraw from Greece or face serious convoy shortages. I went back to an older savegame and kept Croatia, now all supplying is done by land.

After Afrika Sea Lion is on the menu and in 1942 Barbarossa.

Excellent report (and all the others too :)). Please continue your AAR after Barbarossa and Sealion.

In a current game I elected to go with the U-boat Pens, but when the time elapsed I did not get the event nor the effects. All locations were continously in German hands, no observable reason the event did not fire.

Hi, i play Sf2,04d, DI:G 1.03 with VP3.5 I now have the fall of paris event failing to trigger in 2 games ina row.. Do more players have this? It was a bug in early DI but in last patch it was fixed i recall.

In a current game I elected to go with the U-boat Pens, but when the time elapsed I did not get the event nor the effects. All locations were continously in German hands, no observable reason the event did not fire.

Even after a couple of months?

Even after a couple of months?

The completion event doesn't have a Mean Time to Happen, so I assumed (dangerous I know) that it would happen one the conditions were met. I have not played any appreciable time since the completion time (I looked in the save file for the completion time as well as noting that the IC malus went away).

Also related to the Sub Pens...

I find that it is not IC efficient to do the event. While I know that is not the only point, and I know I can't build all the port levels in 360 days, perhaps there should be something more. My thinking is that since the pens would give the sub crews a feeling of confidence that there could be a +5/10 Morale for subs for building them.

Good suggestion but we can't give Subs only a morale boost, it would be for all the kriegsmarine. I'll reduce the costs maybe. :)

The mean time to happen is not a mandatory thing, and when you quit and load a savegame you have to wait a month before the event to fire. I guess this is your problem. Just load your game and play a full month (actually you only have to pass from the 31 to the 1 of the month), the event should appear. If not wait a second month and if not let me know and I'll make it a decision.

Good suggestion but we can't give Subs only a morale boost, it would be for all the kriegsmarine. I'll reduce the costs maybe. :)

The mean time to happen is not a mandatory thing, and when you quit and load a savegame you have to wait a month before the event to fire. I guess this is your problem. Just load your game and play a full month (actually you only have to pass from the 31 to the 1 of the month), the event should appear. If not wait a second month and if not let me know and I'll make it a decision.

1) The Sub Pens did eventually fire, at 0:00 of the 2nd of the following month. Kind of strange that it doesn't fire right after the conditions are met.

2) The submarine crew training doctrine increases Sub Org and Morale, should be able to add it some other way too I'd think?

submarine_crew_training = {

submarine = {
default_organisation = 6
default_morale = 0.06

Have a real "Pearl Harbor" effect that a random number of US BBs are damaged/destroyed
when that event fires otherwise the event really has no meaning.

Have the Phillipine Army automatically become exp forces to the US if the Phillipines are
invaded. redo their pre42 diviisons so they cannot be loaded onto ships by the "weight" modifier
i think you use now. Have the Phillipines switch to US territory until March 1945 to allow
for proper supply shipping and movement of forces (of course when occupied by Japan
they are just that..occupied) or at least Manila and Clark Field (tho Manila will remain
as the Phillipine Capital).

+1 These two are good requests I have wanted for some time.

One thing I noticed. If I let Croatia be an independent State, it leads to me having to supply Split & Greece through the Med. This is disastrous for my convoys. I couldn't release Greece as a state anymore (perhaps because Italy took half?). So, Croatia was quite a problem for me since it meant I had to withdraw from Greece or face serious convoy shortages. I went back to an older savegame and kept Croatia, now all supplying is done by land.

I have run into this problem too. It means I will not select to have Croatia as an independent state again unless something can be done to fix it. I am looking forward to your next beta release as this is such a great mod that makes a great game so much better.

Any idea about the date for this patch?

You have a working alpha patch in the second post of this thread.

The beta patch will be in september. The finale one will be after the finale Paradox Patch.
I am working on Paradox beta patches so I don't want to spend too much time fixing stuff that might be fixed by Paradox at the end of the day. The alpha patch is working and a lot of people seem to enjoy it. It's enough for me. :)

Hi Devildread

Firstly, luv your work :)

Can I use the latest Lothos LUA scripts with the alpha patch or will it muck it up ?

Thanks in advance