• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've re-installed from scratch a handful of times now, and deleted my map cache more times than I can remember (literally true, but I tend to lose count of big numbers, e.g. above about five, anyway...) but I still do not get the new naval map. So, naturally, I wondered why.

Scrutinising the files I got from GamersGate, the file provinces.bmp in "/mod/Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung/map" still shows the old map shapes. Could I please ask you to double check with the distributor (on Monday, obviously) that they have the correct files?

For what it's worth, my checksum is also AJFG (irrespective of whether I keep the HOI3 classic loading screens, or replace them with the DI:G screens).

Scrutinising the files I got from GamersGate, the file provinces.bmp in "/mod/Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung/map" still shows the old map shapes. Could I please ask you to double check with the distributor (on Monday, obviously) that they have the correct files?

I had the same question, the map overlay is a visual thing, the actual in game sea zones don't change (and they're not supposed to). DD, you might want to make this a tad more clear when people download the mod.

Interesting how this all varies btw. In my game where I helped China with "(more) supplies and troops" until 1938, the Japanese first got a few provinces from China, but then China managed to drive them nearly completely out and now this is a stalemate since pretty much 3 years :p

I wonder why its always so different - i mean totally different. Since I'd think the AI should always behave largely similar.

The AI behaves differently all the time so the different outcome is normal (and working as designed).

Sometimes the AI will be smart, sometimes it will be stupid, so when it comes to AI vs AI you can't tell in advance how it will work. I don't think there is anything to change in the Japan/China balance.

I've re-installed from scratch a handful of times now, and deleted my map cache more times than I can remember (literally true, but I tend to lose count of big numbers, e.g. above about five, anyway...) but I still do not get the new naval map. So, naturally, I wondered why.

For what it's worth, my checksum is also AJFG (irrespective of whether I keep the HOI3 classic loading screens, or replace them with the DI:G screens).

I can't check anything with the distributor (Paradox is in charge, not me) but since I downloaded the DLC from GG and got the right files I guess the problem comes from your computer.
The ocean map is in the \map\terrain folder, colormap_water.dds and it should be 5616x2160. If it doesn't work after reinstall and such I guess you could simply delete it and not have the Kriegsmarine square ingame (but the DLC will work). :/

Hi Devil Dread,

I was wondering if continuous patch support will be provided for DI: G? (e.g. new features, improvements, bug fixes etc...)

I think it is truly a wonderful mod. On a side note, I got AJFG checksum as well.

If I correctly understand what I'm reading, in order to research "Long Range Design & Systems: 5" under the U-Boat tech one of the prerequisites is "Long Range Design & Systems (U-Boat) less than 4". It doesn't make sense to me to have to research level 5 from level 3 (or lower). I assume that this is a bug. I'm sure that this is taken care of in 1.02.

I like this mod but I'm very sceptical to the operation tech/events giving shitloads of MP just because you wait with invasions a couple of months. Please reconsider these bonuses since they lock down the player in a rather unhistorical way.

Have you played the scenario through yet? I was struggling against the Soviets in 1943 so I reloaded and took a peek at their situation. It was a little different to what you might have expected in vanilla by that stage. They had 2.2 million men in the field directly opposing me, another million in Finland whcih explained why I had been getting hammered there for the past year, and 5,800 manpower unused. Conversely I had a mere 600 at that stage which had been bolstered by 500 due to the recent rousing speech (Totalen Kreig) of the derranged fuhrer.

These MP boosts serve to promote the game to pan out along vaguely historical lines. I have no problem with that. They certainly do not provide the Nazis with a hyper boost that is war winning as the Soviets have evidently been massively bolstered.

It is the Kreigsmarine flag, you have the Heer badge and luftwaffe badge under those ministers too, but because they are grey it is not so vivid.

Welp, remaking the cache didn't help. Still the same problem. I didn't think it would change since I had previously re-installed the game.

If it helps, I'm running it through Steam.

Seems strange u are geting problems since i am running thru steam aswell and i have encounted no problems.
Don't know if this is of any help but i am using Win 7 64bit

Quick question: is there an event that gets Hungary in the Axis, they've been slipping away from my corner for some time now and I can't invite them anymore!

Some time after you annex Czechoslovakia there is an event where you decide the fate of Slovakia. If you give it to Hungary, they will join the Axis (I think it is mid-end 1938... but might be beginning of 1939 too)

Some time after you annex Czechoslovakia there is an event where you decide the fate of Slovakia. If you give it to Hungary, they will join the Axis (I think it is mid-end 1938... but might be beginning of 1939 too)

Yes..... it's november 1940 now and I thought it would be cool to invite HUN on their historical date. Which isn't going to happen as they are in limbo between me and the SU and dead centre in between the Comintern and the Axis. DD, any chance for a HUN event?