• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In my last game, Polland gave me Dantzig.

Is there a way to increase the probability the AI does that ? Same question for the next events (Silesia and Alsace-Lorraine).

Yes, yes and no. If you use spies to promote the Polish nazist party the percentages change. If you get their popularity and organisation high enough (40 and 60 srespectively), the likelyhood will increase.

Danzig increases from 20% to 80-something % (if I read the files right).
Silesia increases from a measly 1% to 50%.
Demanding Alsace will always trigger war.

Yes, yes and no. If you use spies to promote the Polish nazist party the percentages change. If you get their popularity and organisation high enough (40 and 60 srespectively), the likelyhood will increase.

Danzig increases from 20% to 80-something % (if I read the files right).
Silesia increases from a measly 1% to 50%.
Demanding Alsace will always trigger war.

Thanks !

Can I somehow use the original FTM map and counters with DI:G? Now the map and the counters are the same as in I.C.E. I prefer the original ones.

Afaik no for the map, as the map is bound to events and that could change then wich would lead to chrashes maybe.

Make a backup first..
Counters should be interchangeable if you just copy the Std one in to the right mod folder:
So copy X:\games\Hearts of Iron II\gfx\mapitems
and here the counter folders..
to:
X:\games\Hearts of Iron II\mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung\gfx\mapitems

Cheers,
Chromos

I also asked myself if anybody noticed how to get back the old navy map?

Just look at your DLC-Download and copy:
X:\Dies Irae - Götterdämmerung\mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung\map\terrain\colormap_water.dds
into your:
X:\Hearts of Iron III\mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung\map\terrain
folder..

Then you have the old map back already..

Cheers,
Chromos

I'll try that. Thank you, Chromos.

By the way, I don't know if it's mentioned yet, but Lutzow was a pocket battleship, not heavy cruiser (according to the BBC's Battlefield documentary).

I'll try that. Thank you, Chromos.

By the way, I don't know if it's mentioned yet, but Lutzow was a pocket battleship, not heavy cruiser (according to the BBC's Battlefield documentary).

"Lützow" was the renamed "Deutschland".
It was renamed in '39.
The original "Lützow" was the last ship of the Admiral Hipper Class(CA) and was sold to SU in '39.
So the name was free for the former "Deutschland".

Ingame I have it right as a PB..

It can happen, that a newly build CA get the same name later, because it is also available as a CA name.

Cheers,
Chromos

Last edited:
Problem with Unholy Alliance

Playing a game in which I proposed the Unholy Alliance to Soviet Union, which they accepted. The SU left no forces on the border with Germany, though they did with Hungary and Romania, who were in the Axis. Germany conquered France and created Vichy, conquered Republican Spain, then invaded and conquered England (did not get DOW'd by SU when took London.) Germany also had Nationalist China in the Axis, not Japan. In 1942 the US claimed a 'Day of Infamy' (although nobody attacked them) and went to war with Germany and their ally the Soviet Union. Meanwhile, moved the entire German army to the Soviet border, still no Soviet troops sent to the border with Germany. In Spring, activated the Barbarossa event and the German army pretty much just drove to Moscow (an exaggeration, but not much of one.) Even with an alliance, I don't think Stalin or Hitler would have trusted the other enough to not keep substantial forces on the border. Not sure how this can be fixed, but accepting the unholy alliance seems to be a death sentence for the Soviets the way it currently works.

Last edited:
I'm reporting this because it has been reported that in Vanilla that it behaves differently.

In my game as Germany, I decided to go the route to puppet France with the acquire territory on Alsace Lorraine. Everything worked fine after I took Paris and Alsace Lorraine became mine and France became a puppet. France because at war with the UK who wen through their African provinces and took a VP or two and then the UK conquered puppet France without setting a single unit in mainland France proper.

I was told this behavior does not happen in Vanilla version of HoI so I put it forth to be corrected if at all possible.

Hi,

I'm new to this mod and I have a question:
I am playing germany on normal. Installs are all fine and I get the correct checksum, so I assume it is not a problem because of corrupt installation.
I forced Anschluss in late '37, attacked Italy and annexed it and took over the complete balkans before '39.
Then I invaded France after the fall of Poland in late '39. I recognized that France had a very low troop-count and loaded up as them. Just to see that they only have around 200 brigades (early '40), while on a unmodded game in FTM France had ober 300 brigades at the same time.
Nevermind, I thought and played on (Eng did a nice landing in Italy btw).
To make sure, that the game wont be a cakewalk after France I checked the SU and loaded up as them. They "only" have around 500 brigades. This is much, but they have over 2000 MP left and for the date (as stated: early '40) shouldnt they have more troops? Furthermore their buildingqueue didnt show what I was hoping for. Only a couple of INT and TAC, a massive amount of anti-air (around 20 - 30) and just a handful of Divs.
I loaded up as US, too. They had only 50ish ICs (due to the "no intervention" event). Can that be correct? Their buildingqueue was empty (ok, they also had not muc MP, but shouldnt they be building ships at least?).
Last thing: Japs are doing horrible in CHina and getting pushed back. They have no ressources at all, nearly no MP and are all f***ked up. Can this happen? I thought I have read, that Japs should nearly alwaysw in.

Edit: One more thing: After the forced Anschluss and my rampage against Italy and the whole balkans: Shouldnt anyone declare war on me? I mean, I felt like I can do everything I want.

Thanks in advance.

USA starting with little IC is ok i think since its non-military focued industries, but shouldn't USA have several events called "gearing up for war" after WW2 starts in Europe?
By 1940 i think it should be higher if those triggered.

Last edited:
Ok, i post it here cuz i cant find a subforum for this mod. The installation failed when i tried. Cant play this without your help!
So please, whats the install order?

Is it:
HOI3 -> SF -> FTM -> Patch -> Dies Irae
Or is it:
HOI3 -> SF -> Dies Irae -> FTM -> Patch ?

current version 1936-42 normal diff

steam rolled france with a Schlieffen style assault, france could be slighty stronger. took over england but had to restart several times so i guess i cheated. italy rolled through suez soon after with a little help and up into russia in 42 from mid east. took gibralter after spain joined, i think another garrison to make that take longer.
one thing that needs to be fixed is i never seem to have a problems with oil or metals even without upgrades as i am allways maxed out. Russia could have been a little harder becuase i was able to encircle millions of troops in 3 massive encirclements. one small encirclement around moscow destroyed 130 brigades due to horrible stacking penaltys and i only used several divisons. its possible the computer was delivering replacments to moscow while it was encircled. yugo and bulgaria joined in 42. japan is holding is holding its own but is not advancing i only sent them supply. the supply system is working good. even with control of the sea so i can ship supplys to russian ports i still run out in winter. even with a small defensive front i still need to use transport planes from port/air base sectors to supply them. i have taken india with almost no resistance. right now i have encircled a huge salient the lake that feeds the volga, the russians have no man power left. i have seem to taken the steam out of the russians but i still have a long way to the pacific.
one last thing is the stacking penalty is too high, this caused lennigrad and moscow to be taken almost with no effort at all. stalingrad was only minorly protected but was harder to take.

Is there a new version of this patch? I recently got a new computer and when I downloaded this patch (which worked fine for me before) I get a message saying "Windows can't open this file" and "to open this file. windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it..." Can anyone tell me what might be the problem? I have an unzip program but it's not even getting that far. It looks (and I know nothing about computers so this may not be important) different too. In the folder it has the blank page thing which, I think, means the computer doesn't know what it is.