• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would like to sugest something for dies irae. I played a lot with germany and I noticed that militia is volksgrenadier and volkssturm together.

Now, it would be nice if those 2 units would be separated. Becouse volksgrenadiers are no volksturm. There is a clear difference between the two.

Volksgrenadiers where normal infantry but less good equiped. Volkssturm are worthless militia.

It's not a bug or something. Who is in controll of Gibraltar, blockade the Gibraltar Strait, and you can't cross between Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean. And Gibralter is on the Atlantic side of the peninsula, so you can invade only from the Atlantic.
Yes i get what i found strange is the fact that i can't send a war fleet to try to end the blockade / force the passage, similar what French Fleet try on Travalgar, or The Imperial German Navy on Jutland.
Anyway Thanks for the Answer.

P.S : In the End i could invaded it.

Serial production takes all the manpower

I'm playing Dies Irae add-on and I use the FTM beta patch, which I installed on my Hoi3 collection. I have the right checksum (TTHV).

Problem is that when I build serial production it takes all the manpower immediately. For example if I build 10 manpower worth of infantry and order 20 in serial it takes 200 manpower even though I think it should only take 10 at a time.

COupel questions about this awesome mod.

1. Hungary and Romania didn't help at all with Barbarossa. Romania took a few border provinces and that is it. Hungary seems to be defending thier border with Croatia :(. Why is this?

2. Got the Russians to surrender in late '43. They got all thier original borders back and there was no pop up or anything talking about the surrender. Is that correct? Seems harsh to not even get the Ukraine in peace negatiations.

3. Japan is axis, but they have not ben able to even take shanxi from china. It is just a large stack stalemate. Is that common? Never seen Japan get stopped like that.

Thanks.

Last edited:
1. You manually have to call Hungary and Romania into the conflict with SU. There is a button on top in diplomacy called "call to arms"
2. Seems like a bug. You should if not with any spesific war goals get the "bitter peace" and the border should be in siberia somewhere
3. Japan sometimes kills shanix, both chinas in a blink of an eye, and takes over india from GB if called into the conflict. However sometimes they dont even manage to progress anywhere at all and are stuck in a stalemate at their korean border to shanix. (but they still love to declare war on US :) )

1. You manually have to call Hungary and Romania into the conflict with SU. There is a button on top in diplomacy called "call to arms"
2. Seems like a bug. You should if not with any spesific war goals get the "bitter peace" and the border should be in siberia somewhere
3. Japan sometimes kills shanix, both chinas in a blink of an eye, and takes over india from GB if called into the conflict. However sometimes they dont even manage to progress anywhere at all and are stuck in a stalemate at their korean border to shanix. (but they still love to declare war on US :) )

1. I did call Hungary and romainia to arms, but did it before i was at war with the SU. Does that matter?

2. Hmmm... maybe I'll reload. I never had any war goals, maybe I should add one and see what happens.

3. Silly Japanese.

So in my game my allies (japan and italy) were crushed epically in about 1943. Italy lost africa in late 1941 and japan was holding its last port in korea in 1943. After russia did bitter peace and i was reorganizing jaoan suddenly started retaking korea and pushing into shanxi plus taking the islands it lost from tbe u.s. then italy retook sardinia and then took malta!! Proof allies can actually bounce back!! Italy saved my butt too when nat spain suddenly.declared.war on me. They sent all their forces to the border and held long enough for me to semd my crazy veteran army there. Woohooo!!! Did any kind of axis boost come into play after russia fell??

So in my game my allies (japan and italy) were crushed epically in about 1943. Italy lost africa in late 1941 and japan was holding its last port in korea in 1943. After russia did bitter peace and i was reorganizing jaoan suddenly started retaking korea and pushing into shanxi plus taking the islands it lost from tbe u.s. then italy retook sardinia and then took malta!! Proof allies can actually bounce back!! Italy saved my butt too when nat spain suddenly.declared.war on me. They sent all their forces to the border and held long enough for me to semd my crazy veteran army there. Woohooo!!! Did any kind of axis boost come into play after russia fell??

So,

in my game Japan isn't using 100+ of there Ic since over an year...
also they were losing badly vs China because they had no oil.. sending them alot oil after allowing them debt did help..

strange thing is they had no cash to pay the 50+ cash every day for the oil... the cash number at the top of my screen was red... still i did get the 50 cash each day...
so allowing debt is bugged?

so they did push China back a bit until they decided to move there whole army to the soviet border... while not beeing at war with the soviets

Italien has no convoys anymore... whole army starving... they building new ones... but they are at the end of there list.. and because of not enough ic they will never finish... Same with Uk... shouldn't convoys be at the top of the list in such a caese?

Soviet union lost moskau to me... then i checked what they are building... they have 600 manpower and could build inf or tanks in just a few days... but they building like 200 infrastruktur and a few fabrics and not a singel unit.... great plan by them.

i have the right CHECKSUM TTHV, so i wonder if this normal behaviour of the ai?

I am worried that something is broken in my game. Winter war has been in effect for a couple of months and the USSR have taken three provinces in the North. Japan has been at war for three years and has taken two or three provinces from Shanxi. AI tries foolhardy amphibous assaults at Split and now at Emden but at least it is trying. Is the game broken?

I uploaded as USSR and Japan. USSR had not even covered all its border provinces with FInland. Japana was totally out of fuel and oil.

before the update is finished I just wanted to report what I consider to be a small glitch in the game , first the background , My goal in the game so far is to win the war before it was actually acomplished , One straetegy I had was to throw everything at Japana first then everything at Germany second , in addition I limited myself to a North Pacific advance , Wake Island to Saipan and then Japan , it went well however my staging for the invasion of Japan was in Vladivostok of all places . This seems highly unlikely Can't imagine Stalin allowing a massive US Military presence in the Soviet Far East also I seriusoly doubt the US would consider that option even if Stalin were keen on it , My suggestion would be to remove Soviet Russia as a staging point for any and all Allied invasions of any Axis power .

before the update is finished I just wanted to report what I consider to be a small glitch in the game , first the background , My goal in the game so far is to win the war before it was actually acomplished , One straetegy I had was to throw everything at Japana first then everything at Germany second , in addition I limited myself to a North Pacific advance , Wake Island to Saipan and then Japan , it went well however my staging for the invasion of Japan was in Vladivostok of all places . This seems highly unlikely Can't imagine Stalin allowing a massive US Military presence in the Soviet Far East also I seriusoly doubt the US would consider that option even if Stalin were keen on it , My suggestion would be to remove Soviet Russia as a staging point for any and all Allied invasions of any Axis power .
Hi Quark_Chop,
this thread is about the DI:G not about DI:S&S.. ;)

I think you might have posted in the wrong thread?

Cheers!
Chromos

So,

Soviet union lost moskau to me... then i checked what they are building... they have 600 manpower and could build inf or tanks in just a few days... but they building like 200 infrastruktur and a few fabrics and not a singel unit.... great plan by them.

Same with me. I conquered leningrad, moscow, rostov don, kursk, kharkov, musmamnesk, etc.. etc.. and when i checked what they were building it was all infrastructure. Weird..

Another thing is that certain units dont have the correct pictures. I have nothing for SP rocket and the TD picture never changes either, CAGS included. Oh wait and i remembered the CAS changes BACK to STUKA at higher levels, along with a few others i forgot. Hope somebody looks into that.

There seems to be a real lack of events after 1943/1944. I was hoping to catch some cool things in my game but nothing has changed. Is it because i conquered Russia and that canceled the events? I took gibralter and italy took malta too i would think that would trigger something. Its now 1945 and i have been eventless for a real long time :(. I tried to invade Britian but failed due to their massive buildup and american troops there. Guess im headed back to AFRIKA.

Ive been rocketing and bombing britain along with sinking a large amount of convoys since the fall of russia in late 1943. There air force has not shown due to my air superiorty so i have had free reign. Gibralter fell along with Malta but their NU is still above 70%.. And i dont see their production gettimg hampered althought ive been destroying IC and convoys to mere nothing. This prob has nothing to do wityh DI but damn i would think britain would surrendeR!

Everytime I try to click on "Anschluss of Austria", the game shuts! It happens only on Dis Irae. Truthfully, When I just install the Gamers Gate's version, it doesn't even started without an error message. What can I do?

Cant load DLC Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung

Sorry to post again but I am at the end of my rope.....with the darn 433 error

Steam Support Ticket

Purchased the complete pack from Steam
Win 7 32 bit client

Ticket number 4026-RZXB-1181
Category Game/DLC Questions > Crashes
Product Hearts of Iron series

I have tried all the game patches including the 3.62 beta

I applied the Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung_v1.03_beta patch

Uninstall the game twice and steam once

All others HOI games load fine

So,

Italien has no convoys anymore... whole army starving... they building new ones... but they are at the end of there list.. and because of not enough ic they will never finish... Same with Uk... shouldn't convoys be at the top of the list in such a caese?

i uploaded the soviets, and while they are building some tanks and infantry,, they are building a lot of instructure. Uk can fill out about half of their convoys but are bulding no more.. ...