• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Could someone pls tell me the correct approach to get this mod working? I have tried everything but nothing works. I have installed the game three times already! I am running Win. 7. It really looks like a great mod and would like to immerse myself in it. I have tried the forementioned approach with no results.

:) Gosh - just saw the post a few lines up! Hope that doesn't work ;)

Lynton, your not alone, I have the same problem, it won't work. I asked earlier, but no one has replied, hopelfully u may be luckier. I have managed to get the common weapons DLC to work 'but not this one!

Yes, it seems like some command lines do not work. Well, I've made a mix from .lua files from Lothos and DIG for all majors (SWE, SPA and TUR don't have specific production). DIG files as base, then inserted production part from Lothos, then added all specific production lines from DIG w/o liYear line (and yet another line Lothos doesn't use, but it is not so important), then adjusted some numbers. Now it works perfectly - every major builds adecuate set of units. No other problem so far.

Are there events for Romania, Hungrary, Japan and Italy to join the Axis? Or do I have to influence them manually (i.e. through diplomatic influence and raising threat in SU)?

I have a question. I have invaded SU on 15th May. Now is the end of July. At the beginning SU has 700 brigade, now has 1100 (although I destructed around 200). My allies (ROM, HU) had some border battles, but after I occupied territories, and they have no common border with SU, they do nothing. In previous versions all of my allies - even Italy too - helped me in Russia. Now they do nothing, and I need infantry on the front. Is this normal? Can I do something?

Alright so apparently some people have gotten this to work on a Mac. If anyone has been able to I'd love to hear how. So far both of my efforts to get this game working have had no success. I am really looking forward to playing this DLC so if anyone has figured it out please let me know.

And one other thing. Now the SU build 200-300 brigade per month (has this moment more than 1400!, a 2 month ago has 700, and a lot of was demolished). I dont know how it is possible (we are at the beginning, she dont lost 10% of provinces). Meanwhile SU officer ratio is 49%. I dont understand the whole.

Could someone pls tell me the correct approach to get this mod working? I have tried everything but nothing works. I have installed the game three times already! I am running Win. 7. It really looks like a great mod and would like to immerse myself in it. I have tried the forementioned approach with no results.

:) Gosh - just saw the post a few lines up! Hope that doesn't work ;)

As LyntonS states -- cannot get the FTM DIG to work at all, despite many attempts.

Here is the error message that I get;

"File exception: Exception in discfile.cpp, line 433. Description: Could not open File\ mod\Dies_irae_gotterdammerung\map/default.map"

Any clues???

@ Oleg Werner -- Do you have a list of the files required to get everything working??

This surprises me as I have the DIG for the SF mod -- and this worked better than a Swiss Watch....something odd, with others having the same issues.

I also have Win 7 OS [32 bit]

Cheers

As LyntonS states -- cannot get the FTM DIG to work at all, despite many attempts.

Here is the error message that I get;

"File exception: Exception in discfile.cpp, line 433. Description: Could not open File\ mod\Dies_irae_gotterdammerung\map/default.map"

Any clues???

@ Oleg Werner -- Do you have a list of the files required to get everything working??

This surprises me as I have the DIG for the SF mod -- and this worked better than a Swiss Watch....something odd, with others having the same issues.

I also have Win 7 OS [32 bit]

Cheers

that error message happens when you haven't patched DIG.

that error message happens when you haven't patched DIG.

Hey comsubpac -- thanks for the quick assist..

I have loaded up DIG 2.06 beta --- was I supposed to load the 1.2 DIG first, and then overwrite that with the 2.06 beta??

cheers

All files that contain _liCYear_ line and derivatives: i.e. CHI, ENG, FRA, ITA, JAP, SOV, USA.lua in script/country (if you play for GER). You can simply replace the production section (take it from the last files from Lothos), but with a bit of micro-adjustment to DIG numbers it works better. Just compare them, and you'll see that Lothos uses different command.

Came back to Dies Irae after a break from HoI, now with FtM and latest patch... this really gets better and better.
I just have to ask however: is there any plans on another Dies Irae DLC? I am so hoping for another country, always Nazi Germany is cool and all - and admittably the most interesting nation to play - but there's so many others too!

Albatross, do you mean 1.3, there isn't a 1.2 that I can see. I did a fresh install to the TML 3.05 then 1.3 and 2.06 dig still not working, can anyone shine a light on my problem?

Albatross, do you mean 1.3, there isn't a 1.2 that I can see. I did a fresh install to the TML 3.05 then 1.3 and 2.06 dig still not working, can anyone shine a light on my problem?

Hi GW -- might have been 1.3, it was a while ago that I d/loaded it, but even so, I reloaded the entire game with several variations, including the latest DLC - common_weapons -- but it is still dead with the error message that I detailed in my earlier post.

On another note, I have also rediscovered Chromos' effort - AHOI -GEM. He has utilised a wide-screen panel in his mod, and it gives the player excellent displays and eases game management.
DIG and AHOI apply different game concepts to the mod, and both mods are fine examples of how modding can enhance the base HOI3 -FTM experience.

See here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?509632-gt-gt-AHOI-Mod-quot-A-HOI3-Treasure-Chest-quot-lt-lt-.

I will play AHOI for a while, until DIG issues are cleared up for me.

Seeking professional guidance on DIG thoughts

I'm operating DI:G on 2.04d, and playing on normal, all works fine, it is without a great game. I use to have common weapons but I recognise from reading the threads that Common Weapons and DI:G cannot be used together at this time. This still seems to be true.

In trying to get SS units into the DI:G game (oh that question again you ask) there appears to be the mod from mrsmith but also the Vorwarts Panzers (VWP) mod. The thread I read on VWP notes that the Francesco mod must be installed first, is this correct? and to just have the SS operate with DI:G how do I tell the difference as to which is the best before I download the mod. So I am seeking guidance from some of the professionals out there on which direction to go.

And also in my current game I have just defeated all the western allies; i had to invade New Zealand of course but still the Poles are a GIE. I am at war with the Comminterm powers so I am curious, will Poland eventually surrender to me (in time) or does being a GIE allow you to transfer to another faction that is still in the game if your faction is all defeated.

Thanks and love the game and the threads
So many countries to conquer, so little time.
CorporalR

The naval map is something I need to do, and it is definately on my list of things to do soon. But at the moment I have my plate a bit full with Crusader Kings 2 I'm affraid, so it won't be just yet.

It is a joke, right? Customers are already enough upset for ftm borking dig, you are going to fix the dlc already into market, instead of prioritize future releases.
You have had my money in exchange of an UNPLAYABLE content, and the only reason for this CRIME ( yes, stealing money is still outlaw in Italy ) is ftm release, which I also bought without being aware of this issue. Pratically you have fooled me twice. Stop spamming irritating declarations of IMMATURITY. Wanna money? Do work.
All the above is also for devildread, and every other ones involved ( paradox, steam, etc).

It is a joke, right? Customers are already enough upset for ftm borking dig, you are going to fix the dlc already into market, instead of prioritize future releases.
You have had my money in exchange of an UNPLAYABLE content, and the only reason for this CRIME ( yes, stealing money is still outlaw in Italy ) is ftm release, which I also bought without being aware of this issue. Pratically you have fooled me twice. Stop spamming irritating declarations of IMMATURITY. Wanna money? Do work.
All the above is also for devildread, and every other ones involved ( paradox, steam, etc).

sigh, you bought a download contend for semper fi and nothing more. that they are porting it to for the motherland is completely voluntary from paradox and when you use the patch it is already playable... so what is the problem?
the last time i checked defamation was a crime so be glad nobody here takes it to seriously. devildread already invested time into this DLC without getting paid so be glad that they are still working on it because they are not obliged to do so.

sigh, you bought a download contend for semper fi and nothing more. that they are porting it to for the motherland is completely voluntary from paradox and when you use the patch it is already playable... so what is the problem?
the last time i checked defamation was a crime so be glad nobody here takes it to seriously. devildread already invested time into this DLC without getting paid so be glad that they are still working on it because they are not obliged to do so.

DiG is a dlc for HoI3, I bought it , FtM didn't show any warning about it on purchase; paradox is obliged to "port" it to ftm. Your attempt to waste my patience has FAILED. And you should be glad I do not have time nor money to start legal actions versus whoever is responsible, be it valve or paradox or particular persons or they all together. What a trash is this continuous brainless modus operandi? Next time you act this way I will pretend refund. And quickly. And comsubpac, next time you "sigh" to me, I will not reply. Let them answer, or partecipate with respect, if you truly need to.