• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a party congress event for 1937?

I remember the event for 1936 and the one for 1938 just fired, but when I think back, there was no party congress event for 1937?? Is that as it should be?

I remember the event for 1936 and the one for 1938 just fired, but when I think back, there was no party congress event for 1937?? Is that as it should be?

Party Congress needs some historical backup to fire (for instance relations with Japan, I believe this is the '37 one). :)

You know I was just thinking,

Devildread said that him making an SS mini-mod himself for Dies Irae was Verboten because of German censorship laws applying now that he's working for Paradox. But, I realized that some of the later start-date German OOB's start with SS divisions running around. Is the problem therefore showcasing SS symbols? (Death's Head, the stylized lightning bolt-S(s))? Why not just use non-descript black counters, and pictures of SS without any noticeable 'illegal' markings or symbols?

Just food for thought, maybe I could get a clarification. I noticed Devildread seems to have begun work on DiDay's ICE again http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?539682-I.C.E.-tech-redundancy , or are the SS units not going to be featured in future versions? Sorry if this wasn't the proper place for these questions.

Feedback: In my latest playthrough the Japanese seems to be making slow progress against China by Fall Gelb, which I think is appropriate.

thanks!

Party Congress needs some historical backup to fire (for instance relations with Japan, I believe this is the '37 one). :)

Thanks for the reply Devildread! I have, as you may suspect, gone down the ahistorical path of Sino-German cooperation and am enjoying exploring these possibilites greatly! :D

But could you satisfy my curiosity and tell me where in the files I can look up, what I missed out on in the 1937 rally event?

Also, a while back I asked if there is a difference in the strategic effect Germany gets from the Stronger Sino-German Agreement as compared to simply the regular ol' Sino-German Agreement strategic effect on rares, resources and supplies? :)

Cheers,

:) Jesper

This may be incorrect, Commander-DK, but I'll try to answer you.

If you're asking what you get for 'Sending Troops and Supplies' vs. just 'Sending Supplies' to China, the different is that if you just send supplies you get a delay on the delivery of China's shipments. But that may not be what you were asking and if so I apologize.

This may be incorrect, Commander-DK, but I'll try to answer you.

If you're asking what you get for 'Sending Troops and Supplies' vs. just 'Sending Supplies' to China, the different is that if you just send supplies you get a delay on the delivery of China's shipments. But that may not be what you were asking and if so I apologize.

No problem - thanks for trying to help!

My question is this: At some point you get the choice to "intensify" the aid to Nat. China, making them able to raise even more troops than just the 2 inf + 1 light arm. The new agreement is called the "Stronger Sino-German Agreement" and it costs you more dearly, because Germany looses -5% IC instead of just -2,5% IC. But the Strategic Effect (under the little flag icon in the right side of the screen) still simply says "Sino-German Agreement" in effect and gives you the regular +15% rares, +15% resources and -5% supplies that the old Sino-German Agreement got you.

So, my question is: am I simply paying and extra -2,5% IC just to the Chinese can get more troops to withstand the Japanese forces? Or is the strategic effect for Germany better with the strong agreement than the regular one? :)

Devildread said that him making an SS mini-mod himself for Dies Irae was Verboten because of German censorship laws applying now that he's working for Paradox. But, I realized that some of the later start-date German OOB's start with SS divisions running around. Is the problem therefore showcasing SS symbols? (Death's Head, the stylized lightning bolt-S(s))? Why not just use non-descript black counters, and pictures of SS without any noticeable 'illegal' markings or symbols?

Just food for thought, maybe I could get a clarification. I noticed Devildread seems to have begun work on DiDay's ICE again http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?539682-I.C.E.-tech-redundancy , or are the SS units not going to be featured in future versions? Sorry if this wasn't the proper place for these questions.

There is more latitude for independant mods than there is for PI sanctioned DLC. ICE is a mod, DI:G is DLC (a PI approved mod). Why push the boundaries of what is allowed, when there is a mod already available that delivers what you want (Vorwarts Panzers for DI:G)?

Feedback: In my latest playthrough the Japanese seems to be making slow progress against China by Fall Gelb, which I think is appropriate.

Illegal symboles? I live in a Democratic country and I think its ridiculous with all theese banned symboles. The French flag and UK flag should also be banned in that case for what they did to all the country that they colonized.

Ah, i just saw that Italy got nerfed in the beta-patches.

I'm still playing vanilla, and Italy always gives me a headache by:

1. Holding their ground in North Africa or even pushing for Cairo, while Great Britain is busy conquering Ehtiopia, leaving only Iraq troops to defend North Africa behind.

2. Swarming Greece with gazillions of Divisions including Armor and Mountain troops leaving no chance for Greece to halt italian troops or do a counter-attack, which historically lead to Germany's decision to help out in the Balkans.

I try to play as historical as possible and with this there is no need for Germany to do Operation Marita or send the Afrika Korps, which are allways fun battles. And if you nevertheless decide to do so, battles are no fun, as along with Italy you zerg down Greece and North Afrika.

I tried to work-around that problem and did some events myself, but I'm not 100% happy about them, maybe the betas will fix the issues and nerf Italy significantly - i will try them over the weekend.

But here is what i basically tried to achieve:
1. Revoke ITA's military access to YUG once it declares war on Greece
2. Give Greece higher land forts in Kastoria, Kerkyra and Ioanina
3. Tried to give Greece a boost in combat efficiency with a hidden tech event.

Now i get a stalemate at the border for a few weeks, with greece even pushing for Tirana (but not taking it), but then Italy just piles in more and more troops and does an amphibious landing in the unguarded greek provinces, with again the same effect of zerging greece before Operation Marita decision is possible.

So again I'm not happy with the turns of events and my noobish event-modding.

Anyway:

What i would like to see is an Italian Balkan's campaign gone awry, which makes it necessary for Germany to join the effort (British expedionary forces, british occupation of Crete - which lead to the highly risky landing of Student's Paratroopers on Crete -, and above all highly efficient greek troops which kept the Italians at bay although being outnumbered).

Nothing against Italy per se, but in Dies Irae it should fail at everything Mussolini tries (Invasion of Greece, North Africa, holding Ethiopia - btw Ethiopia is a big problem for the English AI, as in 4 vanilla games so far and now in DI:G, ENG allways sends their North African troops to conquer Ethiopia instead of fighting Italy in North Africa), in order to make the campaign more historically and thereby fun for the german player, who has to intervene on Italies behalf.

As said, I'm going to try out the betas on the weekend and restart at 1936, though i was looking forward to a Balkan and African campaign aswell as Barbarossa with vanilla DI:G on Saturday.

There is more latitude for independant mods than there is for PI sanctioned DLC. ICE is a mod, DI:G is DLC (a PI approved mod). Why push the boundaries of what is allowed, when there is a mod already available that delivers what you want (Vorwarts Panzers for DI:G)?

Well that's part of what I'm asking.

Is Devildread continuing ICE, with SS units, in the same fashion he always has and that's okay because it's a mod? Versus making an add-on for the DLC he more or less authored for PI?

Italy had gotten smacked around completely by both Greece and Britain in my last 3 games. They eventually beat Greece down just by the sheer weight of divisions they send in but Greece kicked them out of Albania in my last game.

In Vanilla they used to run the Brits across the Suez but I haven't seen that yet. I always see them fighting around Tripoli a few months after I bring them into the war.

Italy had gotten smacked around completely by both Greece and Britain in my last 3 games. They eventually beat Greece down just by the sheer weight of divisions they send in but Greece kicked them out of Albania in my last game.

In Vanilla they used to run the Brits across the Suez but I haven't seen that yet. I always see them fighting around Tripoli a few months after I bring them into the war.

There would be no point in the Afrika Korps if Italy won every battle there. Thats why they need German intervention just like they needed in real life in Africa and Greece.

## Fire only if Japan signed the anti comintern pact in 36 and CHI not in the axis

I actually think that it should be plausible for it to fire even if one choose to focus and have China as an ally, or is there some other event for that? Because there would have been a party congress loving China, if China would have been chosen. (Basically). Or am I missing something?

No problem - thanks for trying to help!

My question is this: At some point you get the choice to "intensify" the aid to Nat. China, making them able to raise even more troops than just the 2 inf + 1 light arm. The new agreement is called the "Stronger Sino-German Agreement" and it costs you more dearly, because Germany looses -5% IC instead of just -2,5% IC. But the Strategic Effect (under the little flag icon in the right side of the screen) still simply says "Sino-German Agreement" in effect and gives you the regular +15% rares, +15% resources and -5% supplies that the old Sino-German Agreement got you.

So, my question is: am I simply paying and extra -2,5% IC just to the Chinese can get more troops to withstand the Japanese forces? Or is the strategic effect for Germany better with the strong agreement than the regular one? :)

To quote from the Sino-German text file:
DIES_IRAE-Sino-German_Agreement.txt said:
option = {
name = "EVTOPTB10023" # Send more troops and supply
relation = { who = CHI value = 25 }
relation = { who = JAP value = -100 }
change_variable = {
which = "ger_china_relations"
value = +5
}
add_country_modifier = {
name = "sino_german_agreement_strong"
duration = 180
}
CHI = {
supplies = 5000
load_oob = zDIG_sino_german_strong.txt
}
}

option = {
name = "EVTOPTA10021" # Send troops and supply
relation = { who = CHI value = 15 }
relation = { who = JAP value = -50 }
change_variable = {
which = "ger_china_relations"
value = +2
}
add_country_modifier = {
name = "sino_german_agreement"
duration = 180
}
CHI = {
supplies = 2500
load_oob = zDIG_sino_german.txt
}
}

And from what I can see, (in the files they point towards). The difference would be in the units they receive, I can't notice any extra bonus for you, more that the fact that your ally gets help...

But I'm not sure that was the answer you wanted? (It's early in the morning, so I hope that I understood you correctly).

I think my previous post was too small for everyone to notice. So I am writing it again.

I contacted STEAM two days ago and got a response yesterday. They told me that since DI:G is a third-party developed DLC, I need to talk to the developers.

I don't know what to do anymore because Steam refuses or cannot help me and DevilDread and others cannot reproduce the error.

So............... is there no solution to this?

Just a reminder, "this" refers to:

1. Grey boxes covering top parts of the soldiers' arms and empty grass fields (in the center).

My previous post shows that Panzer Regiment and Panzer Schutzen Regiment at the start of the 1936 campaign have no grey box problem.

But everyone other unit does. This really makes it hard for me to immerse myself into the game.

I think my previous post was too small for everyone to notice. So I am writing it again.

I contacted STEAM two days ago and got a response yesterday. They told me that since DI:G is a third-party developed DLC, I need to talk to the developers.

I don't know what to do anymore because Steam refuses or cannot help me and DevilDread and others cannot reproduce the error.

So............... is there no solution to this?

Just a reminder, "this" refers to:

1. Grey boxes covering top parts of the soldiers' arms and empty grass fields (in the center).

My previous post shows that Panzer Regiment and Panzer Schutzen Regiment at the start of the 1936 campaign have no grey box problem.

But everyone other unit does. This really makes it hard for me to immerse myself into the game.

A checklist, trying to find out what might be the problem.
1. Where do you have the game installed? Have you made a copy of the game somewhere else, and trying to run that? (If you haven't copied it somewhere else, then perhaps that could be something to try, ask for instructions if you're uncertain how to do it).
2. Controll the .tga files in the gfx/models and ensure that they look correct. (Back a few pages, there was advise in how you do that).
Optional: (!)Do not do anything with the drivers if you do not know what you're doing.(!)
(3. What graphic card do you have?)
(4. Control your drivers, make sure that they're up-to-date. Such as direct X and the drivers to your graphic-card.)

Most likely there's some problem in loading those .tga files, not with the .tga files themselves... in all likelihood due to some other unforeseen error (Doh).

The problem at hand is that the developers haven't been able to reproduce the issue, and therefor won't be able to help you, unless you actually are able to provide some information that would:
a)Help them reproduce the error and provide a fix.
b)Help us, to help you, so that you can fix the problem.

(I'm sorry if I sound harsh or anything, but I'm not, just a bit tired since it's early in the morning).

Hi,

I have the following specifications and settings for my laptop.

1. Graphics Card: Nvidia Optimus 3100m (512 mb)

2. Operating System: Windows 7

3. Processor: Intel i5 2.67@GHz

4. Installation: Program Files (x86) Folder

5. I have NOT copied my HOI 3 Main folder elsewhere.

6. TGA files when viewed with QuickTime PictureViewer, they are all FINE (No grey boxes)

7. I have DirectX 9.0C.

8. My graphics card is up to date.

9. I have played even more graphics-demanding games before like Men of War AS without any problems.

Please Help! :(