• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks to all as there are some really good ideas here that I did not consider such as use more radar and Air Superiority over channel uses a lot of fuel...

Thanks! Rick

DD,

I did not have the MR-Pack change fire in my last games of DIG so I checked out the event file to see if it was corrupted. There is no line returns. The whole file is one lone line. I don't know modeling well and want to check to see if this is correct or not. All the rest have line returns after each command so based on that I am thinking my file is corrupted or something.

This is weird. Are you on Steam?

Anyway you should have the file in the latest patch. :)

EDIT 2: After getting vichy france/south france. the rest of france is being conquered by italy (at least the try) but there are USA units over there doing nothing because of not being at war yet (mar/apr 41) but wtf are they doing over there???!![/SIZE]! [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Thats exactally what Chruchill said a few times. lol

An easy way to not have Italy get any of France is to not call them to arms until after the invasion of northern France is started. I usually call them when I am one or two provinces away from Paris.

Hey guys,
I have an issue running the [Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung] mod since I installed For the Motherlands. Please help!
I receive a windows message: "File Exception: Exception in: discfile.cpp, line 431. Description:Could not open file."
I'm on steam. What's the problem?

I am afraid that I can't get past 6 ingame hours before my game crashes, I have the latest patches, etc, or I am atleast quite sure that I do, any suggestions?

You know what, nevermind, this is not a DIG only problem, It also happens in Vanilla, so I will reinstall the bunch, sorry for wasting anyone's time ^^

Hope it's ok to post this here, but saw that DIG is on sale at gamersgate this week and wanted to ask, how has it been recieved by the community? I have semper fi, but not FTM. Looked over the description, but wondered what others thoughts were on it.

Thanks.

Hope it's ok to post this here, but saw that DIG is on sale at gamersgate this week and wanted to ask, how has it been recieved by the community? I have semper fi, but not FTM. Looked over the description, but wondered what others thoughts were on it.

Thanks.

For two and half euros? That's pretty much nothing, buy it! It adds a lot to the game as Germany. I'd personally prefer it to be more challenging, but nonetheless, it's easily worth 2,5 euros, and even more!

Thanks.

I would get it as fast as possible!

The problem with HOI3 is that one can neither fight realistically, nor command. I mean, one watches helplessly, as the Communist and Nationalist China use human waves, and guerrella warfare, as one plays the game. How come Hitler conquers Stalinist USSR, while I loose my superbly trained army to Nationalist and Communist China, not to mention various other cliques as they exist? Was Guerrella warfare so evolved before Che Guevara? And the Chinese do not fight against each other, but against me.

The problem with HOI3 is that one can neither fight realistically, nor command. I mean, one watches helplessly, as the Communist and Nationalist China use human waves, and guerrella warfare, as one plays the game. How come Hitler conquers Stalinist USSR, while I loose my superbly trained army to Nationalist and Communist China, not to mention various other cliques as they exist? Was Guerrella warfare so evolved before Che Guevara? And the Chinese do not fight against each other, but against me.

were is the connection to dies irea? your are meant to play germany.
btw, the term guerilla was formed during the Napoleonic wars in Spain.

Hope it's ok to post this here, but saw that DIG is on sale at gamersgate this week and wanted to ask, how has it been received by the community? I have semper fi, but not FTM. Looked over the description, but wondered what others thoughts were on it.

Thanks.

If you just have SF, DiG is a must get it adds a lot to the single player German game, well worth it.

I ALWAYS play Germany, as such, D.I.G. is a must for me. Why? Realism plus much better map for a reasons. Now, if you are a UK or CommonWealth Country or USA type guy then maybe not but it would still give you the cool map and a few other goodies...but if you play Germany, like a large portion of us (the majority of players) then you will want it and it's dirt cheap at that price. Buy it, money well spent!
Rick
PS. The only way I would play Germany without DIG is using the I.C.E mod which btw DevilDread authored also.

Maybe already mentioned:
War goals are not effecting correctly. by requiring Prussia or western russia not all provinces are going to germany after surrender, some small ones are left including the baltic states (some 5 or 6 are going to germany but not all)
I know people are able to change the wargoal delay in the files but you should be able to add more (correct working) wargoals in DI. Even the re-claims of romania and finland are not given. The finish ones go to germany (by occupying west russia) and the romanian ones are now a strip of provinces belonging to sov. This is frustrating as I wanted to start fighting the USA but its not fun to see a very strange map with to many "Islands" of soviets left. Will this be fixed in the next version of...?