• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Please guys don't debate over law, SS or censure in this thread. This is not the place for that. There will be no SS mod made by me for DI:G.

@kunwon.saw:
Please try:
1. Copy the HOI3 entire folder (+SF+patch+DIG) to your desktop. I said copy, so you have 2 HOI3 folders now.
2. Now go back to the old HOI3 and copy the entire \mod directory
3. Paste it into the new HOI3 copy, overwrite the files.

I suspect there is a conflict with creation dates or something within vanilla and DI:G. If you copy DI:G over itself it may make DI:G newer than vanilla files and then the game will take DI:G gfx and the bug would disappear.

Since I can't reproduce your bug I can't help you more than that. Please be sure your follow the exact steps and report back.

DevilDread..............................................................

YOU DID IT!!!!!

Wow, all the grey boxes are gone!

NOW, AT LAST, thanks to you,

I can enjoy DI:G for real!

Thank you very much! ^^

If anyone has the same problem, follow DevilDread's advice. It works like a charm!

DeviDread, I have a question for you.

How did you know that was the problem?

Educated guess. 8)

1. Grey box means either gfx card bug or gfx HOI3 bug
-> Since we ruled out gfx card, this is HOI3 related
2. Box is centered into the model file, all the model have the same box
-> Remains of interface file (a button or something)
3. Remains can occur if HOI3 engine doesn't work well with mod directory
-> Be sure DI:G files are the most up to date over vanilla

Believe me, with almost two years working on Clausewitz engine I am trained to think about everything. ^^

Thanks Simcon - we're getting closer! :)

Your posting of the event text makes me able to clarify: what - if anything - is the difference in effect between these two country modifiers for Germany?

add_country_modifier = {
name = "sino_german_agreement_strong"
duration = 180
}

add_country_modifier = {
name = "sino_german_agreement"
duration = 180
}

Do they only influence the -5% IC versus -2.5% IC part? Or also the Strategic Effect in the game known as Sino-German Agreement??

I think it must be either this country modifier or some sort of 'flag' in the event part of the game that I am asking about?

I actually think that it should be plausible for it (1937 Party Congress/Rally) to fire even if one choose to focus and have China as an ally, or is there some other event for that? Because there would have been a party congress loving China, if China would have been chosen. (Basically). Or am I missing something?

I absolutely agree with you! Let us hope that Devildread (hint, hint) will be kind enough to include this in a coming patch ;)

:) Jesper

Italy had gotten smacked around completely by both Greece and Britain in my last 3 games. They eventually beat Greece down just by the sheer weight of divisions they send in but Greece kicked them out of Albania in my last game.

In Vanilla they used to run the Brits across the Suez but I haven't seen that yet. I always see them fighting around Tripoli a few months after I bring them into the war.

I hope to see that in my new game with the posted beta patches, so far I've only played Vanilla+SF+DI:G (the latter without the patches) and Italy was all too powerfull in all my games and had a walk in the park in Greece and North Africa.

I hope to see that in my new game with the posted beta patches, so far I've only played Vanilla+SF+DI:G (the latter without the patches) and Italy was all too powerfull in all my games and had a walk in the park in Greece and North Africa.

In my game (newest patches) Italy lost Albania quickly, but has had an easy time in Egypt, it's Autumn 1941 and they are in Palestine.

I finished my second game using 1.02 DIG and 2.04f. Here are the quick results and what I think is wrong.

1) France and Low Countries. While it takes about 5 weeks the fights seem too easy. Once again I think the French army is too small. Maybe they are building ships. I think a much better solution is many more troops but weaker. The length is about right but the fights just seem wrong especially when the Belgium army just looks to be larger.
2) The sub war is way too easy to kill the UK. In NA the brits were doing fine till I basically destroyed all their convoys. Then Italy had no problems there. I think a good fix would be in changing spotting. At the start leve the subs hard to spot. Then give the UK a big bonus in finding the subs as this way losses mount. Then with techs have Germany do away with the bonus to spot. This then increases with UK techs. etc etc. If not then another alternative is to lower the effectiveness in sinking convoy ships. But something needs to be done because 2 costal, 6 medium and 3-9 LR cripple the UK.
3) Once again the SU folded and I saw over 13 ships being built instead of land units. And when land units are built they are placed in cities that I've cut off and have no retreat route. Is it possible to prohibit the placement of units in cities that have a battle going on?
4) Unfortunately my UK fight again has to be an incomplete. They were wrecked due to the sub/convoy wars so hard to tell how the invasion and fights would have actually gone.

2) The sub war is way too easy to kill the UK. In NA the brits were doing fine till I basically destroyed all their convoys. Then Italy had no problems there. I think a good fix would be in changing spotting. At the start leve the subs hard to spot. Then give the UK a big bonus in finding the subs as this way losses mount. Then with techs have Germany do away with the bonus to spot. This then increases with UK techs. etc etc. If not then another alternative is to lower the effectiveness in sinking convoy ships. But something needs to be done because 2 costal, 6 medium and 3-9 LR cripple the UK.

True, i also noticed that. Basically it is possible to kill UKs pool of convoys by 1941 and then leave UK troops in NA unsupplied. Maybe that's also the reason why i have the feeling that Italy is too strong in NA.

Last edited:
Devildread, is there any chance of you increasing the difficulty of Barbarossa? Maybe some additional (optional) files that would increase their IC and whatnot. I'd hate to use the harder difficulties of the game itself, because they would amongst other things give me negative modifiers which I don't want. Please at least prevent them from wasting IC on rocket test sites and ships, especially during war time!

Devildread, is there any chance of you increasing the difficulty of Barbarossa? Maybe some additional (optional) files that would increase their IC and whatnot. I'd hate to use the harder difficulties of the game itself, because they would amongst other things give me negative modifiers which I don't want. Please at least prevent them from wasting IC on rocket test sites and ships, especially during war time!

he already has done such things. as far as i know the soviet union can produce units faster and faster when they start loosing units.

he already has done such things. as far as i know the soviet union can produce units faster and faster when they start loosing units.

I listed the problems with it but I'm not sure if he can do anything about it.

1) They produce ships and lots of them. The SU needs to stop shipbuilding in 1940 I think.
2) The land units being built are heavy tanks and other units that take a much longer time than simple infantry. The SU needs boots NOW. They need a few runs of simple infantry only units.
3) Units when built are placed in cities that are in battle and surrounded. This is just plain dumb for the game to do this. All that is accomplished is the unit destruction (if the city was surrounded). And units in battle never gain organization so these new units have zero org.
4) Units built have zero organization. This means they are useless for a certain amount of time. Now the mod greatly increases org regeneration but not if the unit is in battle. Place the unit too close to the front and they are useless.

I know most of these situations won't happen if the AI controlled my attack. It is slow to attack and for some strange reason slow to attack units with zero organization. Maybe it knows it's not a fair fight? :( But I do attack and these fresh units get slaughtered and destroyed just moments after they are built. As Patton said "Such a waste of fine infantry".

Give it a few days. you should be able to build all of them. In my games the MOT unit appears first and after some days the rest appear.

When Germany defeated France in 1940, they captured lots of equipment. To cover that in the game, how about giving the Geman player a few units, something like 1 motorized brigade, 2 infantry brigades, 2 artillery brigades, 1 AT brigade, 1 AA brigade and 1 TD brigade - all at the cost of manpower.

Nothing to change the course of the war, just for the flavor...

Yep, and I was just commenting on what I see with DiG vs SF. I don't mind the changes, I always thought Italy running the Brits out of the desert and half way across Africa was too ahistorical anyway.

When Germany defeated France in 1940, they captured lots of equipment. To cover that in the game, how about giving the Geman player a few units, something like 1 motorized brigade, 2 infantry brigades, 2 artillery brigades, 1 AT brigade, 1 AA brigade and 1 TD brigade - all at the cost of manpower.

Nothing to change the course of the war, just for the flavor...

Interesting idea. They did use a lot of the non tank gear to equip out some the divisions they built in late '40. The down side was most of the stuff was obsolete or unable to be replaced if it broke. A number of the tanks went to equip divisions garrisoning Yugoslavia in '41+ because they were completely useless against the Russian tanks, unlike MOST of the German tanks in '41 (Pz III's and earlier, only the Pz IVs stood half a chance at defeating the T34s).

I have to say that I do really like the sub pens option you get as Germany after France falls. Big kudos to the devs for that idea!