• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- added some free troops for UK in Afrika in order to help them if Germany research the Afrika Korps tech

Is this really the only way? I mean, boosting AI by giving him free units that appear out of nowhere is somehow lame IMO. UK should have no problems in defeating Italians without German intervention and if Germans actually send Afrika Korps they should be able to drive them back in 8 out of 10 cases. If UK AI is really so incompetent, couldn't you give UK a temporary leadership/IC/supply throughput/morale bonus or something like that to represent national determination that they will fight Germans in N. Africa and defend Suez?

This represent the reinforcement UK sent (historically) to Afrika after the apparition of Rommel and co. Since the AI doesn't handle that very well I think adding units is a good way to represent that. Boosting the UK stats won't make units appear in the desert. I also have added units to the starting OOB, I think this will be a good challenge now. And after all, if UK doesn't control the provinces no unit will spawn.

You should have "they refuse to surrender" event for the faction wars and you should be able to choose either to annex or puppet for the others. I don't understand how your problem is possible.
Could you please upload a savegame BEFORE the bug to happen or explain exactly your steps to reproduce it?

The occupation thing is working as designed tho: most of the government will go exile, thus you can't puppet or annex anymore.

Hi,

I get always "They won't surrender [Clearly they are not in touch with reality]" and that's it. inderdeed, their governement goes into exile. I found belgian troops in the UK...

so that seems to work.
annex or puppet, I didn't get so far. good to know.

I hope I also get the patch via steam. As I bought the whole package (incl sprites), do they also show in the DLC? (I hav'nt seem them yet though)

First of, I'm unsure if this is a DI:G related or vanilla related but it just happened in a DI:G game I was playing so here goes:

After much trouble I finally managed to get my relations with Romania up above 100 and triggered the Ploiesti Oil Fields strategic effect. A few days after that I suddenly get promted that I've just broken a trade agreement with Romania seven times in a row, thus plumeting my relations with them and deactivating the strategic effect. The weird part of this is that I do everything manually, no automated trade, no AI control of diplomacy nor production, and yet it stated that I broke all those seven trades, not Romania.

Game version: HoI3 v2.04f (AJFG)
Mod: DI:G with no changes/edits made

what i meant was when you had downloaded the game mod, it says " hoi3 not installed". i found this only happened if i had patched main game to 2.04e. after reinstalling and patching to 2.04d the download identified where my game was and installed fine.

That is why you really need to make a HOI3 current directory and NEVER NEVER EVER mod or play in it. From that directory copy all the files and folders to a new one and name it something line HOI3 DIG or whatever you want. Then use that HOI3 exe to play your games. This way you always have a nice clean official directory of the game.

BUG FOUND:
EDIT: 4 year plan isn't bugged as it's hard coded to end in 1940.

Observations:
Supply usage is astronomical. I need 90IC of supplies just to maintain my army which is not hugh. (75 INF, 10 Jager, 15 MTN, 15 GAR, 14 Panzer, 6 MOT, 3 MAR, 3 Para). Most are sort of parked outside of Germany proper but 90 IC seems like alot. I'm current or ahead in all research. Only operations are subs in Atlantic ( about 12 out at a time) and air battles over UK 12 INT on air superiority and 6 on intercept and 4 NAV + 16 TAC on port bombing missions when their org lets me.

This time Rep. Spain won in late 1938 and Italy is still doing very well in NA. Japan defeated China easily but I cut ties to China after the second decision and only did the supplies. France, Poland and Low Countries were all very easy to defeat. Poland in 10-14 days and France Low countries in 5 weeks (2 to get through Belgium and 3 in France). The French fight was very historical. French and UK troops raced into Belgium along coast and I went through Luxembourg and swung toward coast. It all went down like real war except I kepr driving towards paris to cut it off.

MP with decisions is decent. Without getting extra MP from decisions hurts.

I played with 2.04f and no issues and no crashes so far.

SUGGESTION:
In this game I made sure I did a trade with Norway in 1936 and another one as soon as I could. this and the trades with Sweden got me the extra metal. But it also meant I had no incentive to invade Norway at all. I was wondering if there could be an event where the relations with Norway go below 50. This then forces you to invade Norway or do without the metal. Otherwise, no reason to get involved there.

Last edited:
First of, I'm unsure if this is a DI:G related or vanilla related but it just happened in a DI:G game I was playing so here goes:

After much trouble I finally managed to get my relations with Romania up above 100 and triggered the Ploiesti Oil Fields strategic effect. A few days after that I suddenly get promted that I've just broken a trade agreement with Romania seven times in a row, thus plumeting my relations with them and deactivating the strategic effect. The weird part of this is that I do everything manually, no automated trade, no AI control of diplomacy nor production, and yet it stated that I broke all those seven trades, not Romania.

Game version: HoI3 v2.04f (AJFG)
Mod: DI:G with no changes/edits made

Two possible reason. The first is you ran out of whatever you were trading with them. The second and most likely reason is Romania cancelled the trades. This happens all the time with many countries.

I was wondering about something. Picking Goreing has some nice benefits but also many limitations. The benefits are the 4 year plan, some elite units and I think some bonus to air combat (not 100% sure on this one).

The negatives are that the plan only lasts 4 years, he has a cost after 1941 and you lose a real nice armaments minister. There may be more but not sure.

What I was wondering is if I don't sack Schatt based on the decision but the next day appoint Goreing as armaments minister do I still get the elite units? Ot is there a flag set in the decision where I get that one and only one chance to appoint Goring armaments minister?

You can appoint Goering whenever you want, and you can have elite units and such with him as air leader, no need to sack Schacht for that.

Two possible reason. The first is you ran out of whatever you were trading with them. The second and most likely reason is Romania cancelled the trades. This happens all the time with many countries.

Neither of your suggestions are correct. I still have plentifull stockpiles of energy (99999) and supplies (well over 70k) which were the resources I was selling to them. And the fact that I said it stated that me, Germany, the player, broke the trades and not Romania. Unless there is a weird bug that makes it promt that you the player breaks the trade when it is actually an AI nation that breaks them, but that seems to work perfectly when it states in the log that 'Nation A has broken the Trade Agreement they had with Nation B' when both nations are AI controlled.

Neither of your suggestions are correct. I still have plentifull stockpiles of energy (99999) and supplies (well over 70k) which were the resources I was selling to them. And the fact that I said it stated that me, Germany, the player, broke the trades and not Romania. Unless there is a weird bug that makes it promt that you the player breaks the trade when it is actually an AI nation that breaks them, but that seems to work perfectly when it states in the log that 'Nation A has broken the Trade Agreement they had with Nation B' when both nations are AI controlled.

What about being at war with the nation between you and Romania (and then can't send ships since Bosphorus not under German control)?
Anyway this has nothing to do with DI:G I can assure you. :)

Observations:
Supply usage is astronomical. I need 90IC of supplies just to maintain my army which is not hugh. (75 INF, 10 Jager, 15 MTN, 15 GAR, 14 Panzer, 6 MOT, 3 MAR, 3 Para). Most are sort of parked outside of Germany proper but 90 IC seems like alot. I'm current or ahead in all research. Only operations are subs in Atlantic ( about 12 out at a time) and air battles over UK 12 INT on air superiority and 6 on intercept and 4 NAV + 16 TAC on port bombing missions when their org lets me.

I have also found this weird supply consumption problem. Did you start playing with 2.04 f or just upgraded after starting your game?. I have played many times as Germany and I never had to spend so many supplies (100 IC dedicated to it in 1939, invading Poland). Might it be because of DI? Anything related with supply expenditure in the game?. By the way, the huge expenditure started after declaring war on Poland. Just after defeating them (even still being at war with other Allies) the expenditure lowered to 60 more or less. Still far higher than usual, but not as astronomical. Anybody else experiencing this?. Playing with 2.04 e, no mods, clean install + DI.

In regard to supply usage I'm wondering if some of the decisions might be impacting this? I can't recall if any require say 5% of supplies (I thought it was just IC) but if they do that might result in wacky numbers.

I had this issue with 2.04e and 2.04f. I have not tried playing DIG with 2.04d. I might test playing a normal non-DIG game to 1940's to check what the supply usage is without DIG. If it's high it might be a 2.04 result and not DIG. If much lower then it has to have something to do with DIG.

I have also found this weird supply consumption problem. Did you start playing with 2.04 f or just upgraded after starting your game?. I have played many times as Germany and I never had to spend so many supplies (100 IC dedicated to it in 1939, invading Poland). Might it be because of DI? Anything related with supply expenditure in the game?. By the way, the huge expenditure started after declaring war on Poland. Just after defeating them (even still being at war with other Allies) the expenditure lowered to 60 more or less. Still far higher than usual, but not as astronomical. Anybody else experiencing this?. Playing with 2.04 e, no mods, clean install + DI.
Same Problem here, after defeating Poland, France and Swiss i need 176ic for supply production.
screen.jpg

Yes, in fact I quit the game on I.C.E. 3.3.3. as GER after starting Barbarossa - this was on SF 2.04d - because of supplies running out and being unable to fix it even after manual resupply to all and every harbour and port upgrades and infra upgrades all over. The system of supplies is just broken.

I got DIG and now in 1939 after Poland I see the same tendency of absurd supply calls, even after patching SF to 2.04f.

about the supply:
only the need is so high the army does not really use that much. set your IC manually and you will see that your armies will stayed supplied even if you produce not nearly as much IC as the engine calls for.
i think it has something to do with the changed weather/supply tax.

Can you upload a savegame about this supply issue please?

I don't have that in my games. :/

Groan...

This is why I no longer upgrade to beta patches. I got burned by the EU3 patch that killed naval maintenance, now I'll wait for Paradox to issue an official update to their games. They're called "beta" for a reason folks - they might not work!

On that point... what's the status of the upcoming DI:G patch going to be?

Steve.