• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Strange that this event didn't fire for you. It did for me, and worked as it should (Hungary got Slovakia and joined Axis). Did you annex czechoslovakia?

I got the event, but decided to leave Slovakia as it was (historical), after that got Romania per event and now the Hungarians don't want to join :(

Something quite strange is happening. It's late 1940, Europe has been conquered. My troops are some distance from the Soviet border. Strange as it may seem.. they have divisions travelling within my land (conquered Poland)!

What is going on? I don't have a military access pact with them (is that even possible?) and the non-aggression pact from '39 is still in effect. However, the Soviets actually declared war on Poland during Sept. '39. This caused minor problems at the time, but I thought nothing of it. Now I see them marching around in Poland and I'm a bit concerned.

Something quite strange is happening. It's late 1940, Europe has been conquered. My troops are some distance from the Soviet border. Strange as it may seem.. they have divisions travelling within my land (conquered Poland)!

What is going on? I don't have a military access pact with them (is that even possible?) and the non-aggression pact from '39 is still in effect. However, the Soviets actually declared war on Poland during Sept. '39. This caused minor problems at the time, but I thought nothing of it. Now I see them marching around in Poland and I'm a bit concerned.

SU declares war to get its share of poland. once they are at peace poland gets devided and SU units in your part of poland will travel back to SU territory sooner or later.
it is similar to the situation in france when you have troops in vichy.

I noticed this too, one monthbefore I started the historical invasion date of Sovjetunion, one red army armor unit on my side of the border, moving up towards balticum, then back down again. Weird since I didn't see anything there the months before it.

SU declares war to get its share of poland. once they are at peace poland gets devided and SU units in your part of poland will travel back to SU territory sooner or later.
it is similar to the situation in france when you have troops in vichy.

Er.. later.. since I conquered Poland over a year ago. That's the problem.

Take note they're travelling *into* my land, not within my land. They left months ago. Them coming back = problem. Mainly from Biala Podlaska (hope that's right) north to Suwalki and Goldap.

Oh, Poland and USSR aren't at peace. On the Diplo window it says they're at war. But USSR isn't at war with the rest of the Allies.

speaking of which, the Soviets stopped me from taking moscow this time, my army got stopped just a few provinces away. Problem is, it was more because of a faulty AI than a actual good defence. As I play the game I only directly control the Elite Units, or what I deem is elite units. The rest of my 149-unit army I let the AI direct after giving it a objective: take Moscow. I just sit back and watch and oversee it, since I don't find micro-managment all those units moves much fun at all. Now the problem is the AI is really stupid. One lone partisan popped up far behind my line and instantly it sent 10+ units from the frontline to fight this lone partisan. Result, my fronline almost brake apart and the offensive stops. So I take direct control and stops it. So instead the AI sends 10+ units from my Hungarian allies and their part of the frontline collapse :/ After the partisan unit is destroyed they then wander around the map aimleslessy like a headless chicken, giving me no help at all. Giving them a ally-objective to help me take moscow does nothing to improve it. And for two months they wear their "I'm Stupid" sign with pride before their lone braincell wakes up and realise: "uhm oh the fronline... I think it is... that way", and then they all moved to Finland (sigh). Finland in turn does... nothing, I gave them the call to join me on this crusade to crush Bosjevism and they all sit back rolling their tumbs letting me do all the hard work, not caring that Soviet have started eating of their territory.

At that hour my patience with the games shortcommings was running thin and I shut it down.

Sorry for the rant. Its nothing I fault the DLC with, but the game AI need a serious makeover.

From what I remember HOI V 1.3 (was it 1.4?) let the player control the minor Axis- armies in Russia. I can't really understand why we lost that option, since the AI is working very poorly with objectives and threats.

I mean, ten units to fight one rebel? Using elite units as garrison units instead of cheaper militia? Moving units from one end of the map to another and then back and being totally useless in the meantime? Bah. These AI-shortcommings are what seriously impair a othervise good game and until I see it fixed I put this game on the back burner.

...I mean, ten units to fight one rebel? Using elite units as garrison units instead of cheaper militia? Moving units from one end of the map to another and then back and being totally useless in the meantime? Bah. These AI-shortcommings are what seriously impair a othervise good game and until I see it fixed I put this game on the back burner.

I stopped with AI control when I noticed that when I moved my all Mechanizer/Panzer ArmeeGruppe to my west front after defeating poland and the AI placed all the tanks garrisoning the Maginot line, and moved the infantry to move into the lowlands. And it kept them there and performed horribly against France.

But I like this DLC though, it brings back a bit of uniqueness to Germany, that Paradox games never have anymore. The games get more generic so different countries bring little uniqueness to the table, the tech teams replacement of practical values was a huge step of making the game more bland.

The SH arm brigade seems to only use 0.67 MP. The SH arm in this DLC is much better statwise than the SH arm in vanilla, so perhaps the MP demands should be raised ? Otherwise a unit consisting of 4-5 SH arm albeit pricey as hell would have a punchthrough power and tougness combined with 5% softness like no other. It might be missing out on the CA bonus and be slow as the continental drift, but almost no weapon on earth (airpower is not considered here) can harm it.

I stopped with AI control when I noticed that when I moved my all Mechanizer/Panzer ArmeeGruppe to my west front after defeating poland and the AI placed all the tanks garrisoning the Maginot line, and moved the infantry to move into the lowlands. And it kept them there and performed horribly against France.

But I like this DLC though, it brings back a bit of uniqueness to Germany, that Paradox games never have anymore. The games get more generic so different countries bring little uniqueness to the table, the tech teams replacement of practical values was a huge step of making the game more bland.

It might make sense to have one Army comprised entirely of infantry divisions with defensive leaders detached from the Theater and put along the Maginot line. The have the AI control the rest of the Theater as you blitz to the west.

It might make sense to have one Army comprised entirely of infantry divisions with defensive leaders detached from the Theater and put along the Maginot line. The have the AI control the rest of the Theater as you blitz to the west.

I make two theaters for the West, one for the maginot line and one for the entry through Belgium/Nehterlands, the first is inactive, the second keeps within its parameters and it works - because it is just the Whermact, me the player!

So I tried to make something similar for Barbarossa to avoid the stupid partisan problem, but then it just uses the units I have no direct control over - the Axis minors, and moves them anywhere it want. And Finland was just a relative trivial destination. I had other games where the AI moved units from South Italy to northern Norway (not that I invade Norway anymore, the game fails at giving me a proper reason why I should). Or it moves units from the Eastern Front to France, why, because a few Brittish/ US units that usually ends up destroyed within a hour landed there. So when they reach france my occupation force have already destroyed the hostiles, then the AI moves them again and the madness continues.

PI: If you read this, give the player back control over the Axis minors, the only reason I should not have control over their units is if I want to move them somewhere else, outside of the Eastern Front.

pls devildread,advice us when you release the patch for steam users and publish an easy guide to install,in newbie format,thank you

ah,and..I have just noticed the little disclaimer about loading screen and something about a "bar",not clear to me,however,if I enable those screens,hmm,they will show only if I use gotterdammerung or does they affect my vanilla too?
Sry for newb behaviour from myself but I wanna clear my dirty mind

.... the game AI need a serious makeover.

From what I remember HOI V 1.3 (was it 1.4?) let the player control the minor Axis- armies in Russia. I can't really understand why we lost that option, since the AI is working very poorly with objectives and threats.

I mean, ten units to fight one rebel? Using elite units as garrison units instead of cheaper militia? Moving units from one end of the map to another and then back and being totally useless in the meantime? Bah. These AI-shortcommings are what seriously impair a othervise good game and until I see it fixed I put this game on the back burner.

The AI is pretty poor. I generally (but not exclusively) use the AI at Army level. It does an OK job if you give it clear, achievable orders and adjust the orders as time goes by. A bit like real life commanders in that respect. My rear areas (occupied lands) are not under AI management. The AI will take several port garrisons to deal with a partisan unit, even if it has access to mobile forces. I accept and work with the limitations of the AI.

The allied forces AI seems to be really dumb but it seems to perform better when working with the AI. For this reason, I sometimes take control of allied forces, especially the ones wandering behind my front lines, or heading to Finland, when they should be going to Sevastapol! When I take control, I use the HOI3 Army Organiser (see the Other Mods section of the modding thread), which allows you to drag and drop units within the hierarchy and then pass single units or branches of that hierarchy as expeditionary forces. This way, you can issue orders to your allied forces. You have to provide their supplies but they provide replacement manpower. I think using the HOI3 Army Organiser is a better solution that taking control of the entire armed forces of an ally. It is also a more efficient way to give them back!

When I try yo invade England I cant send supply to my troops. I try it manuel but it didnt work. AI always send 1 convoy ship to England how many port you have in England not matter always send 1 convoy ship for all island. Is it common thing or my fault?

Playing with 1.01 beta one of the long range sub techs is greyed out (and it´s 1940 now). I know it´s a bug that will be fixed in the 1.02 patch. However, I would like to finish my current campaign. Would anybody be so kind to tell me which files/s do I have to change in order for the needed flag to fire? (so the tech is available).

Thank you

Mini-AAR playing with 1.01 beta on 2.04f.

I played from 1936 to 1940 and just finished the poland campaign. Everything went very well, had a lot of fun, didn't get any gamebreaking bug.

I fully supported Nat-Spain and they won though it was a tough fight.

I fully supported China and they lost in august 39. This isn't a problem, the japanese were very strong but there are two things I'd like to say about it:

After helping them continuously, I had an event to invite them into the axis, which I did. It was sometime in Q2 '39. The situation was already over for them, they had no more harbour, losing ground on every front, so I did it mostly as a "promise" to come and help them later. Though when they surrendered a couple of months later, they chose "Continue the fight" as option and as such, their few remaining provinces became mine. I'm not at war with Japan, so they don't attack me their, and just stack a ton of units around ... empty provinces... This is most probably an AI bug but could be solved by an event for Japan in that case so it declares war to me ? What I fear for the 2nd part of the game 40-45 is that Japan will keep a lot of useless troops in China breaking its ability to expand in the pacific theatre.

The second thing is, that I really wanted them to win and was ready to help them even more than what the events gave them. Could there be events that fire when they lose some percentage of land ? Like when they lose 50% of land there's the possibility to send more help, 60% even more, 70% still more etc... ? As it is, I felt trapped (which was a good feeling though) having to choose: 1) go to war with Japan early and try to help China by sending troops over there; 2) stay at peace so I could continue the normal chain of events in Europe which mostly have the 'At peace' requirement.

Having a lot of fun, great job guys. :)

When I try yo invade England I cant send supply to my troops. I try it manuel but it didnt work. AI always send 1 convoy ship to England how many port you have in England not matter always send 1 convoy ship for all island. Is it common thing or my fault?

As Germany, I usually turn automatic supply and resources off: you really don't want any convoys going anywhere that you have not specifically set. From what you have written, my guess is that you have tried to set up a manual supply link without turning automatic supply convoys off. I have invaded England and there is no reason to be suffering supply problems. If you set them manually, they will all stay in place. If you look with the supply view active, each link should be active.