• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ah right forgot about those islands. ive always thought they shouldnt really be their own province as i seem to recall they used to cause the AI all sorts of problems, dunno is thats still the case.

yep dd your quite right, it does indeed change the following day. i havent played HOI3 in ages and am now just remembering how could this dlc was.:D

you ever thought of doing something similar for the other majors?

Ow yeah, facepalm, whatever. :D Anyways, according to the decision and event files, you should be given the option to either join Japan in the war againist US or refuse (in which case Japan would leave the Axis), so it's quite weird that you didn't get the pop-up.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the event Germany gets after Pearl Harbor decision seems to be wrongly "placed" in the file (it's not written like the other events, with all the proper spaces etc., it's on the same line with #############, which probably prevents the event from working as it's apparently commented out).

That's what I don't get, Japan was in the Allies, not the Axis. As Germany, I'd pulled Nationalist China into the Axis instead. I'd understand it firing the way it did in the scenario you describe.

Is there any idea of keeping Göring as a minister after the first 4 year plan expires? He just gives some very bad strategic effects

Well, many people have suggested that Goering didn't really add anything positive to Germany's performance, and arguably was a negative influence on various areas, so this doesn't seem exactly "wrong", IMO.

Tim

hey DD i did post this earlier but i got no response. i put the vanilla map files: trees and terrain to take the place of the missing ones in the map file folder for dies irae. the game now loads to the main menu smoothly however when im at the main menu it is a dead end with nothing visible except for the game version indicator in the bottom left of the screen. the only way to get out of this blank main menu is to end task with the windows task manager. Am I missing something here? Help would be greatly appreciated.

hey DD i did post this earlier but i got no response. i put the vanilla map files: trees and terrain to take the place of the missing ones in the map file folder for dies irae. the game now loads to the main menu smoothly however when im at the main menu it is a dead end with nothing visible except for the game version indicator in the bottom left of the screen. the only way to get out of this blank main menu is to end task with the windows task manager. Am I missing something here? Help would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem, when I did a fresh installation. I overcame the problem by applying the 2.04 patch and then the 2.05 patch. I didn't bother uninstalling anything, I just applied the patches over the broken DI:G folder and it immediately worked.

It's probably worth getting it working now, as there is no guarantee that the next patch will not suffer the same problem.

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you the 2.04 patch (191kb).

I will post this here because I always play DIG never just the vanilla but I will also post in the main forum...

During my invasion of the USSR I have double the size of Romania - meaning - all the lands in the South that I have conquered are under the Romanian flag. I find this annoying and also believe that whatever resources and/or IC etc will go to Romania.

Has anyone written a script or is there some simple way to change the province to its rightful owner Germany? Yes, I do know how to search the save game for the province and do it manual but there are a lot of provinces I will have to do...any simplier way to do it like a script or...? - Rick

Changelog so far. I only fixed reports up to post #2189 of this thread, I will continue later on (probably tomorrow).

############
### 2.06
############

REMEMBER TO PUT TROOPS ON THE SOVIET BORDER, IF YOU LEAVE IT EMPTY THE SOVIET AI MIGHT WANT TO ATTACK YOU NO MATTER THE DATE OR GLOBAL SITUATION
The game is a wargame, Soviet has goals to fulfill and it includes the death of Axis

BUGFIXES
- Fixed several typos
- Fixed Pocket BB hull value to 1.1 (was 2.0)
- Fixed China commerce event poping up even if Japan sign the anti comintern pact
- Fixed Romania joining axis after Bulgaria take some lands
- Fixed Czech provinces Plzen, Pribram, Pisek not having german core after annexation
- Fixed/changed SOV backstabbing Germany when London occupied
++ New logic: SOV will attack Germany if London is occupied before 1940 (was 1943)
- Fixed Todt death event
- Puppet SOV shouldn't make peace with Allies anymore
- SOV should release FIN, ROM, BUL, HUN if annexed before bitter peace
- Barbarossa decision will now enforce the proper Wargoal against SOV

CHANGES
- FRA will build less ships
- FRA will build more garrisons
- POL will handover the german cores if MR pact is signed (no matter if it is honored or not)
- Deleted desperate defence strategic modifier
- Added some Marine brigades and transports to JAP in 1936
- Added total_sunk_by_us = 5 and 10 to the early atlantic war events (that way if you don't sink anything you won't be bothered with out of context events)
- Popularity of NSDAP is now 75 in the '36 scenario
- Deleted CHI navy in the '36 scenario
- Decoy techs now reduce submarines visibility by -0.50, happy days are back
- Added tooltips for Russian Railways and Winter Clothes techs
- Submarines have more sea defence
- Reduced SOV strategic effect strength a little
- NAP are unbreakable for the first 18 months

ETA for patch: couple of days.

Thanks for anyone uploading a savegame. :)

Hey DD, thanks for getting the patch out soon! If you have time, could you add a lend lease event/strategic modifier of some sort? With the various recruitment time bonuses effects, something could be done to buff the Allies later in the war. Especically if Germany occupies London. Something to make the player watch their back while going after the Soviets.

There already is something like that.

Code:
arsenal_of_democracy = {
	potential = {
		faction = allies
		USA = { faction = allies }
	}

trigger = {
	}

industrial_efficiency = 0.25
	research_efficiency = 0.25
	supply_throughput = 0.33
	naval_capacity = 0.50
	icon = 1
}

All the allies have this once USA is ally too.

Just move all the files from the archive file (.rar, .zip) into your game folder and if it asks if you want to overwrite the files, then press the yes button, simple as that.

I've tried the instructions on the second post of this thread. (That is, extract the folder to the games archive (works for the .zip that PI used for 2.04e/f, but won't work with these .rars (and yes, I'm using a .rar unpacker - 7zip)) I have also extracted them to desktop, but there's something like 8-12 folders. What am I supposed to do, delete the ones I have and insert these instead??! Jesus. That's why I'm asking for a simple .exe - we were promised PROMPT patching.

If you'd like to instruct me on how to properly install 2.03 I'd be very grateful, but right now.... It's looking pretty grim.

Please be patient.

It is unlikely that there is any .exe soon.

I've been patient. It's been ~5 months and not one single official (or even easy to install beta) patch. Don't get the wrong idea - i LOVE the DLC - but what was promised and what was delivered.. hasn't been the same.

OTOH - I'd be equally grateful to you if you could explain how to get this to work. When I try to extract the .rar archive to the HOI3 directory i get about a billion "errors can's do" blah blah. EDIT: "can not open output file.." is the error msgs. A bunch of them.

If there's no .exe coming "any time soon" then I may just give up.

Words like "I paid 5 bucks I want everything to be perfect NOW" won't work on me. It just makes me sad.

I paid 5 bucks. ...5 months ago. I didn't expect everything to be perfect on day one. Or even day 50. I don't even expect it to be perfect by now. But I'd like to be able to play the updated version, I'd like it to be PLAYABLE.

Nope. I'm working on reproducing bugs and surrender issues, will take some time but I'd like this one to be the last big patch. Next update on monday but I think middle of next week is a solid ETA. :)

Let me guess.. this is For the Motherland and not Semper Fi's patch?

DD you patching Sf as well??

I'd like to know this as well.

Last edited:
I don't support SF anymore, Paradox policy (they don't support it neither). SF version is pretty stable tho as I had little reports about it. Maybe once FTM version is okay I'll patch SF with some stuff but you have to understand I am not paid for that.

You have to copy the content of the patch (once extracted) into Dies Irae folder, the patch replaces some of the the original files, you don't have to delete anything. An .exe patch was never promised, I can't do it. I made 5 patches (6th to come) in five months, I think this is prompt patching.

I don't support SF anymore, Paradox policy (they don't support it neither). SF version is pretty stable tho as I had little reports about it. Maybe once FTM version is okay I'll patch SF with some stuff but you have to understand I am not paid for that.

You have to copy the content of the patch (once extracted) into Dies Irae folder, the patch replaces some of the the original files, you don't have to delete anything. An .exe patch was never promised, I can't do it. I made 5 patches (6th to come) in five months, I think this is prompt patching.

Copy the content into the folder? According to your original post, I'm supposed to extract it over the folder. That leads to said errors.

I'm not sure what you mean "copy the content into the folder". Maybe you could better explain it? (surely you don't mean drag and drop it on to the mods folder in the HOI3 directory) The folder in question if 500mb, the patch is something like 20mb. I'm sure horrible things would happen if I replaced the mod folder with the patch folder.

By refusing an exe, you're essentially leaving the game as a "1.0" because I can assure you 99% of the people that have bought it will never figure out this ridiculous patching process.

Last edited:
How to extract a patch

1. STEP ONE. You need an extractor, for instance, 7zip (click on the download link and install it).
  2. STEP TWO. Download the patch (see post #2, be sure you have the patch related to your version of the game)
  3. STEP THREE. Once the patch is downloaded, click on it and open it with 7zip (or any extractor).
  4. STEP FOUR. See the image below:
    clickonextract.jpg
  5. STEP FIVE. The extractor will ask you if you want to replace files. Click on "Yes for all".
  6. STEP SIX. The patch is installed. You can play it as usual via the HOI3 launcher.

Copy the content into the folder? According to your original post, I'm supposed to extract it over the folder. That leads to said errors.

I'm not sure what you mean "copy the content into the folder". Maybe you could better explain it? (surely you don't mean drag and drop it on to the mods folder in the HOI3 directory) The folder in question if 500mb, the patch is something like 20mb. I'm sure horrible things would happen if I replaced the mod folder with the patch folder.

By refusing an exe, you're essentially leaving the game as a "1.0" because I can assure you 99% of the people that have bought it will never figure out this ridiculous patching process.

By copying the content over DIG folder you will replace the original files by the patched ones. The files not changed with the patch won't move, the 20MB patch will fit the 500MB DLC without problem. Nothing will be deleted (and don't delete anything yourself).

I don't make .exe because I can't. This is not a choice. I can't make .exe out of Paradox content. By law. Paradox will make a .exe out of my patch once I reach the finale patch, after all those beta (hopefully soon).

I am doing the best I can to fix and explain stuff.

Be sure you have for instance Patch 2.05 changelog file in your \[Hearts Of Iron III]\mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder.
If you haven't, you are either not extracting in the good place (do you see a Dies_Irae_Gotterdammerung_beta_2.05 folder?) or you are not launching the mod from the right hoi3 launcher.

OR you are using Windows 7 and you have this Virtual Store thing. Then I am afraid I will have to ask help from other users because I don't know a thing about it.

Be sure you have for instance Patch 2.05 changelog file in your \[Hearts Of Iron III]\mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder.
If you haven't, you are either not extracting in the good place (do you see a Dies_Irae_Gotterdammerung_beta_2.05 folder?) or you are not launching the mod from the right hoi3 launcher.

OR you are using Windows 7 and you have this Virtual Store thing. Then I am afraid I will have to ask help from other users because I don't know a thing about it.

I am using Windows 7, have no idea what a "virtual store" is, and yes I do see a changelog file. It's 1.1. I downloaded it directly from the second post in this thread earlier this morning. It's *supposed* to be 1.03 or 2.03 or whatever it is.

I also get an "error: can't output file.."

-Will- dragging and dropping work? I'm doubting, but hey, there has to be some work around. I'm downloading another copy in case that one was corrupt.

Your DIG folder should look like this:

--edit: yes dragging and dropping should work, as long as you don't delete anything. Just take the files from the patch and put them in the DIG folder. No matter how you do that, you can either extract the patch, copy the files from the archive, extract somewhere and drag the files from here to the DIG folder etc. There are plenty of ways.

The idea is to have the patched files into the DIG folder.