• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Unhistoric? You get 500 MP for DOW against low countries but you get to decide when (as long as you are already at war with the allies). So how is that unhistoric? It seems to me the DLC is rewarding you to pllay more historically.

I thought that if you DOWed any of the nations in the operation techs before they were researched you missed out on the effect even if you researched them later on? If you can research the operations and get the effect even after you have overrun the nation in question fine but still.

In any case how would Germany get access to more recruits just because they attack another nation? (Excluding foreign SS recrutiments which are not covered by the operations.) I find it unrealistic that you would get access to 500.000 recruits just because you attack a certain nation.

1. 4 Year plan, heavy industry – it gave me two Infrastructure 10 at Woldenberg

2. Infantry (mot.) is upgradable to Infantry (mot.). When I looked at the upgrade file (in the common folder) I noticed that it said Summer_Infantry_Mot, Mech and armour. Is this something that the Wehrmacht did regular as the seasons change? Can the naming system be changed so that I know what one I am upgrading too? eg. Infantry (mot.) upgrade to Infantry (summer mot.).

I have the patch installed as well: v1.01beta

1. 4 Year plan, heavy industry – it gave me two Infrastructure 10 at Woldenberg

2. Infantry (mot.) is upgradable to Infantry (mot.). When I looked at the upgrade file (in the common folder) I noticed that it said Summer_Infantry_Mot, Mech and armour. Is this something that the Wehrmacht did regular as the seasons change? Can the naming system be changed so that I know what one I am upgrading too? eg. Infantry (mot.) upgrade to Infantry (summer mot.).

I have the patch installed as well: v1.01beta

summer = Afrika Korps stuff

First of all: Thanks for your good work.
Sorry, I have not read everything here- but two things:

1. I startet my game with the original und resume it with the patch (with Germany). In October 1939 I load my French opponent and see:
187 Brigades, 50% national unity, a horrible dissent and an IC of 22 (!) - this is not what you want?
I never must fight against such a weak France!

2. In the late 1941 scenario: Why is Germany/Rommel not the commander of the two Italian Army Corps in Eastern Lybia - as he was in history?
You want to make the game more complicated in this way? Or is there an event which gives me the command and the possibility to include the Italian corps into the "Panzergruppe Africa"?

Greetings from
Drusus

Confirmed that the German "LR-Submarine" event doesn't fire.

PLAYING WITH THE 1.01 BETA

I also confirm it. Which is the file I have to change in order for the event to fire in the current date of my game?

By the way, I have had 3 declarations of war by France in a row (all of them after occupiying Rhineland). It was almost desperating to see France always declaring war on me, because I wanted to play historical. Anyway, after the third time I did things a bit different (I occupied different provinces and didn´t use that german division which starts with an art. brigade attached) a France didn´t declare war. Very strange, I have a savegame so , i´ll try doing the same to see if France always declares war under some circunstances.

PLAYING WITH THE 1.01 BETA

I also confirm it. Which is the file I have to change in order for the event to fire in the current date of my game?

By the way, I have had 3 declarations of war by France in a row (all of them after occupiying Rhineland). It was almost desperating to see France always declaring war on me, because I wanted to play historical. Anyway, after the third time I did things a bit different (I occupied different provinces and didn´t use that german division which starts with an art. brigade attached) a France didn´t declare war. Very strange, I have a savegame so , i´ll try doing the same to see if France always declares war under some circunstances.

The declaration of war is if you occup the rhineland (firing the decision), you have very little odds to see that happen but you can simply avoid the war by not tacking the decision. :)

If I have chosen one of the options for the 4 year plan and then at some point during the 4 years remove Goering as Armaments Minister, will the 4 year plan come to an end?

As long as you have goering the plan is on (during the 4 years), you can remove him and add him back later. :)

The effects work only when he is in post. Check the strategic effect conditions, it is clear. Having goering as armament minister and being before 1940.

If you remove him, you won't have the effects, if you promote someone else as armament minister, you won't have the effects, if he is armament minister, you have the effects.

The effects work only when he is in post. Check the strategic effect conditions, it is clear. Having goering as armament minister and being before 1940.

If you remove him, you won't have the effects, if you promote someone else as armament minister, you won't have the effects, if he is armament minister, you have the effects.

Are there other events/decisions based on requiring the 4 year plan to have happened? In other words if I decide against him as armaments minister does this close off some future event/decision other than the 4 year plan?

I thought that if you DOWed any of the nations in the operation techs before they were researched you missed out on the effect even if you researched them later on? If you can research the operations and get the effect even after you have overrun the nation in question fine but still.

In any case how would Germany get access to more recruits just because they attack another nation? (Excluding foreign SS recrutiments which are not covered by the operations.) I find it unrealistic that you would get access to 500.000 recruits just because you attack a certain nation.

I always finish the research way before I go to war so not sure about that part.

As for the 500MP you make the wrong assumption that MP is strictly population. It is related to population but not the same thing. It represents people willing and able to join up. The event can be viewed as the propaganda minister whipping up the masses and getting people to sign up. The game has to abstract some things and this is one of them.

Are there other events/decisions based on requiring the 4 year plan to have happened? In other words if I decide against him as armaments minister does this close off some future event/decision other than the 4 year plan?

We are here in the field of replayability, I don't think this is very interesting to list all the possibilities and I'd rather let you figure out by yourself with trials and tests. :)

But I will answer for this one and this only: several things will happen while Goering is in charge of some ministers, but nothing tied to the armament portfolio (other than the 4 year plan).

As for the 500MP you make the wrong assumption that MP is strictly population. It is related to population but not the same thing. It represents people willing and able to join up. The event can be viewed as the propaganda minister whipping up the masses and getting people to sign up. The game has to abstract some things and this is one of them.

You are right, the 500MP are here to reward the player planning ahead (you can launch the invasion anytime from the end of the research to 1 year after the historical date). Planning ahead is recruiting people, make propaganda and better prepare the recruits for this specific war.
You can totally play without this bonus but if you play historical you have some reward. This is the whole point of the DLC.

We are here in the field of replayability, I don't think this is very interesting to list all the possibilities and I'd rather let you figure out by yourself with trials and tests. :)

But I will answer for this one and this only: several things will happen while Goering is in charge of some ministers, but nothing tied to the armament portfolio (other than the 4 year plan).

First off thanks for the answer. I do respect replayability and am doing it both ways. But I'm also searching for bugs and to see if things that are supposed to happen do in fact happen. That was where I was comming from.

Very strange, but I found that sometimes units werent able to retreat despite having adjoining land provinces and would sometimes even be destroyed.... Halfway through Barbarossa I quit after a couple of my prized panzer divisions got killed when they lost a battle and decided they couldnt retreat... And by not being able to retreat I don't mean just forced retreats during losses I mean also trying to manually retreat didnt work sometimes. All were prior to winter 1941 in Russia.

Also, huge fan of I.C.E but not a big fan of how the foriegn even spawned units cant be changed or given leaders. Considering the range of options to change history available forcing the historical make up of some units is a little strange :)

Great work on this DLC! I am really enjoying playing in a customized German experience for HOI3. Very cool indeed.

2 Questions, and I apologize if these were answered earlier:

1. My officer % maxes out at 140%. It will go below 140%, but never above, no matter how many officers I have trained. I don't remember that in the vanilla HOI3, where the cap was set at 200%. Is this a change, or is there something wrong with my install?
2. I've looked around the tech menus, and can't seem to figure out how to get Brandenburgers. Is there a tech mix that I've overlooked, or are the Brandenburgers a result of a specific event? If so, when does it fire?

@smitbr: Event given units will be non-exp forces in the patch. Someone else made the observation so I already fixed that. :)

@jheivly:
1. You can't go above 140% since Semper Fi (or a patch of Semper Fi). This is vanilla, not the DLC.
2. Brandenburger (or all the elite units) are given via event in the '36 campaign. In the other ones you either have them on the map or already removed (as historically).

@devildread:

Thanks for the clarification -- I guess my install of vanilla SF wasn't patched to the latest version. The lower limiot makes sense to me -- nobody in their right mind would overstaff units with officers, at least not by a full 100%.

I have seen a number of elite units (HG Regt, Condor Legion, etc) appear. I started the 36 campaign and am curently in late 38 -- should I assume that the event associated with the Brandenburgers will fire soon? Or is it random? Just curious.