• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
as much as i know the patches are not savegame compatible, so you need to start a new game to see if the trigger is working. in new games the trigger works perfect, may be you should start a new game instead of investing time in repairing an old savefile

Read my post again. I never said that I loaded 1.02 savegame with 1.03...

@Devildread: Are you sure that it's already set in January 1, 1936? I don't have any installation problems, I installed everything correctly (HoI 3 SF>2.04f>DLC>1.03 patch).

By loaded save, by the way, I meant I started a game as GERMANY IN 1.03 (!!!), saved the game on January 1 after re-organizing OOB, ministers, technology etc. and then quit the game, changed some static_modifiers (which don't affect flags in any way, so don't claim that editing game files causes this) and then went back on and none of the U-Boat events triggered afterwards.

I am accusing noone here. Don't worry I believe you if you tell me this is not working. :)

The submarine flag is set in the history (history\country\GER - germany.txt) in the first few lines. So yes it should appear in '36. It does for me.

Please check this file and see if you have that:

Code:
alignment = { x = 200 y = 200.0 }
neutrality = 60
national_unity = 90
set_country_flag = no_vanilla_subs
set_country_flag = submarines
total_exploitation = SOV
total_exploitation = POL

None of the submarine events require a flag, they only have date and GER triggers.

Sometimes I feel like the game take the vanilla GER - Germany history file and this is why you don't have the right flag. :/

On 5 Nov 1939 all my replaceable ministers were replaced suddenly, without any event. Though the "Replace" button is still lit, the game won't let me click on it, which makes me unable to change ministers. Very weird.

I'm playing SF 2.0e + DI:G 1.03.

I am accusing noone here. Don't worry I believe you if you tell me this is not working. :)

The submarine flag is set in the history (history\country\GER - germany.txt) in the first few lines. So yes it should appear in '36. It does for me.

Please check this file and see if you have that:

Code:
alignment = { x = 200 y = 200.0 }
neutrality = 60
national_unity = 90
set_country_flag = no_vanilla_subs
total_exploitation = SOV
total_exploitation = POL

None of the submarine events require a flag, they only have date and GER triggers.

Sometimes I feel like the game take the vanilla GER - Germany history file and this is why you don't have the right flag. :/

I have all of those lines there. I don't think that the game loads the vanilla history files, because when I invaded Poland, then it automatically set the policy to total exploitation, the vanilla history files don't have a line anywhere for that policy to be automatically used AFAIK.

I have all of those lines there. I don't think that the game loads the vanilla history files, because when I invaded Poland, then it automatically set the policy to total exploitation, the vanilla history files don't have a line anywhere for that policy to be automatically used AFAIK.

I can also confirm I have all those lines and that correct history files are loaded as the policy is also set to total exploitation in Poland. Also not I've tried two clean installs with no luck but the posted fix above did work.

Rook

Please try to put the line "set_country_flag = submarines" into the '38 scenario and start it. Tell me if you have access to the U boot tech or not. :/

Please try to put the line "set_country_flag = submarines" into the '38 scenario and start it. Tell me if you have access to the U boot tech or not. :/

Done and it works. Now the thing is that without adding this line it also works (tested by removing the line) as its already in the history file if you start in 1938. See below.....

#DIES IRAE######
submarine_coastal_available = 1
submarine_mr_available = 1
high_quality_submarine_construction = 1
set_country_flag = submarine_lr_available
set_country_flag = submarines_ok
set_country_flag = german_chinese_agreement_stop
set_country_flag = regiment_georing

I suspect the issue is with the event chain. The event chain sets the flag submarines_ok (event 60001) but I do not see one that sets the submarines flag and the submarines flag is the one that the technology checks.

It looks like if you run the game from 1938 the history will hide the issue but if you play from 1936 the flags are not set right.

Rook

Hi Devil Dread,

My computer had to be restored due to some driver malfunctioning. I reinstalled everything before I installed HOI3 through Steam.

I installed 2.04f beta patch, 1.03 DIG Patch, and Francesco's Models 1.3.

I ran the HOI3 first and realized I had grey boxes. So I followed your instructions about copying and pasting folders and overwriting them on the 1st page of this thread.

Astonishingly, it didn't work. I still have grey boxes over brigades such as aircrafts, HQ, and Infantry.

Light Panzers and Motorized Infantry units do not have grey boxes. Strange....

Could you give a solution to this problem? I am uninstalling the HOI3 program now to make sure I have a clean version.

Those two above mentionned bugs are very annoying. :/

1. Submarines.
Please replace the:
Code:
allow = {		
		has_country_flag = submarines
with:
Code:
allow = {		
		1861 = { controlled_by = this }
In \mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung\technologies\ Submarine Technologies.txt

That way instead of requiring the flag, the game will just require to control Berlin.

2. Grey boxes.
Do you have boxes in vanilla as well or only in DI:G?
This bug is the worst. I can't reproduce it so I don't understand how I can fix it. :/

Does anyone playing DI:G through Steam have the same problem as I have?

Did you install it differently?

I bought the Hearts of Iron III Complete Edition and the DLC is installed automatically.

Is that the problem?

Devildread, I understand that you are busy but it would be really nice if you could try to fix this problem for me because now I cannot play HOI 3 without DI:G ... :(

Sadly bugs are not fixable like that. I wish I had a box I can check "disable bug?". ^^

I need to understand the bug, to reproduce it and to think about how I can fix it. It won't take minutes but hours.

DevilDread,

Please take your time. As long as it can be solved, then I am fine. In the meantime, I will play something else.

Also, just to tell you, I think the newest patch 1.03 may be the cause of the problem.

This bug was fixed last time when I had 2.04f Beta Patch, 1.02 DI:G patch, and Francesco's Models.

I installed my games in the following order:

1. Downloaded and installed HOI3 Complete Edition.
2. Installed 2.04f Beta Patch.
3. Installed 1.03 DIG Patch.
4. Installed Francesco's Models.
5. Loaded DIG to see if the boxes are gone. Found that boxes are still there.
6. Exactly followed your instructions about copying and overwriting hoi3 folder and mod folder.
7. Checked in again and found the same bug.

I would also like to add that the box problem seems to be related to the Naval Map problem (The German Kriegsmarine Naval Map with lettered squares).
Despite removing cache files, I have some parts of the map without the lettered squares.

Thank you,

Excuse me if this has been asked before. If i want to install patch 1.03, do i have to install before 1.02 or it is included in 1.03
And must it be installed over sf 2.04f or 2.04e is enough?
Thanks.

I suggest getting 2.04f thought, it's a small patch, but it fixes one of the most gamebreaking bugs in the game, I think it actually fixes 2 major bugs. It's worth it.

DevilDread,

Please take your time. As long as it can be solved, then I am fine. In the meantime, I will play something else.

Also, just to tell you, I think the newest patch 1.03 may be the cause of the problem.

This bug was fixed last time when I had 2.04f Beta Patch, 1.02 DI:G patch, and Francesco's Models.

I installed my games in the following order:

1. Downloaded and installed HOI3 Complete Edition.
2. Installed 2.04f Beta Patch.
3. Installed 1.03 DIG Patch.
4. Installed Francesco's Models.
5. Loaded DIG to see if the boxes are gone. Found that boxes are still there.
6. Exactly followed your instructions about copying and overwriting hoi3 folder and mod folder.
7. Checked in again and found the same bug.

I would also like to add that the box problem seems to be related to the Naval Map problem (The German Kriegsmarine Naval Map with lettered squares).
Despite removing cache files, I have some parts of the map without the lettered squares.

Thank you,

I have the same problems you have plus one small extra: the Pocket BB's don't have an icon in battle screen (maybe this problem is also somehow related?).

Just a few questions concerning China:

I made a first run with your great mod on the weekend and always choose to support China to the maximum.

When China joined the Axis in early 1938 I realized that they were fighting almost exclusively with the divisions I had given them. Besides these they just had only about 15-20 militia divisions (and about 3000 unused manpower).

So I loaded as China and realized that they spent about 90% of their effective IC on building supplies although they only needed about 10 IC for supplies and their stockpile was full enough (about 40,000). For that reason the production queue was completely red (and it must have been like that from the beginning).

Also, the production queue contained only militia units (and convoys). It seems that China will never be able to build regular infantery, because it doesn't have the 1918 infantery tech and you can only get that by having a certain level in the militia techs.
But since there are no more militia techs in DI:G, they will never be able to get the 1918 infantery tech. Is this WAD or a bug?

just noticed: Dies Irae is 5th best sold Paradox game at the moment. congratulations.