• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your DIG folder should look like this:

In the games folder, or the patch? Cause my mod folder has no changelogs.. because it's version 1.0.

The rar file has a "Patch 1.1 changelog" file in it.

BTW - that error was "ERROR: Can not delete output file ...blahblah"

I really appreciate the help - and I hope you understand my frustration.

To further explain, I get as far as pressing "Yes to all" and then it goes through several iterations and bam - the error list and nothing has been completed.

Is there -any- manual work around for this? Or if someone else has 7 - care to explain how you did it?

The picture is the game folder, the patch has the same stuff in it since it replaces files.

You can't extract because windows is not letting you overwrite the file. You doesn't have the ownership over the files because of the virtual store thing. You can either check on google or to disable the virtual store, how to take ownership of a folder or, better, copy the whole HOI3 folder to another location which is not in a protected location of your computer. Anywhare out of program files should do the trick.

But it is. It overwrites many files (I pressed "yes" to about 2 dozen) before it errors. (at least, it SAYS it is)

Also, I just updated HOI3 (from 2.04d to 2.04f. I installed DI:G AFTER this update) itself using this exact same method (was with a zip file though) so that makes no sense. If it were "protected" then why did it work just fine but this won't?

And yes, I'm aware of 7 and Vistas over-protection of program files. Always had a work around (usually "compatibility files") but not this time.

Maybe the patch is corrupted, try to download it again? Are you sure you are not running the game while you patch it?

If you have SF 2.04f you only need DIG 1.03.

Maybe the patch is corrupted, try to download it again? Are you sure you are not running the game while you patch it?

If you have SF 2.04f you only need DIG 1.03.

Positive it's not corrupted (downloaded it twice, same result) and yes, I have 2.04f and only am trying to upgrade to 1.03. That's what I've been trying to do for several hours now. :(

I hope, if nothing else, this highlights the need for a *proper* patch. Clearly I'm going to have to play 1.0 until then unless you know of manual work arounds. I'm not moving my entire HOI3 directory out of prog files.. that's just silly IMO.

And no, the game isn't running. Also tried to update from the admin account (never surf the net on your admin account, folks!).

EDIT: D/l'd a third time, restarted, still same errors.

I can't be the only person on this forum running this game on 7. Surely if the problem were 7 this wouldn't be the first time you've encountered this issue.

Last edited:
I don't understand the issue. I fail to see what could be the error. Did you try with another extractor?

No, I was going to try drag/drop. Should I just drag and drop the entire folder (the DI:G) or should I do each one individually like common first, then decisions, etc?

I hadn't realized you edited in earlier that it should work.

You can drag and drop everything at once.

Thanks!! This actually worked (for once.) I'm sure I'll enjoy the improvements and fixes.

However.. I still have a problem. You say PI don't support SF any longer and that you can't legally make .exes for them (baffles me since it's your content, but I can understand maybe some contractual obligations, etc) then it occurs to me that PI won't be producing an .exe for SF users at all.

Since the DLC was originally made for SF, that would be very cold to the SF customers. I'm sorry - I'm not dumping another 20 bucks into this bug fest (HOI, not your DLC) just for a patch for an unrelated DLC.

I'm playing with SF at the moment, and its not too bad.

I can't be the only person on this forum running this game on 7. Surely if the problem were 7 this wouldn't be the first time you've encountered this issue.

I'm running SF/ICE and FTM/DI:G on Windows 7 but I turned User Access Control off and I install all games into a Games folder. Most Windows 7 problems seem to result from UAC or the Virtual Store, which are avoided by my approach. I never have problems with patching as Windows is not stopping me from doing what I intend.

I aways unzip to an unzip folder before copying the contents to where they are needed. This avoids corrupting your game if the compressed file is corrupted (as many people experienced when FTM patches are first released and demand exceeds site capacity).

If you want access to the latest patches or you want to use mods, you really have no choice but to learn how to deal with compressed files. Other games (which don't use compressed files) don't have the modability that HOI3 has or they require on-line connection. Most people are happy with the arrangement (look at the problems that Steam users experience, for the questionable benefits of having someone else update your game). If it is a deal breaker for you, its probably best to not buy further PI games as I don't see them changing their approach in the near future.

a general idea in relations to windows in general (at least vista and win 7) is extract every thing to a folder on the desktop then copy it into the target, this seems to by pass a lot of the issues, also turn UAC OFF!!!

...also turn UAC OFF!!!

very bad idea you are inviting all the nice viruses out there. as annoying as it is from time to time it is a important part of your system security after all. learn how you can use it and you are fine.

however, simply copy your hoi3 folder somewhere unprotected (you don't want to mess up your original install with a beta anyway) like c:/games/backup/... and copy the unpacked files over it. overwrite when asked. its quick and safe and nothing can go wrong and when something goes wrong you still have the original.

very bad idea you are inviting all the nice viruses out there.

if your depending on UAC for virus control your an idiot :sad:
it causes more frustration then it solves (esp vista) and the constant requirment for confirmation for automatic process pisses me off

if your depending on UAC for virus control your an idiot :sad:
it causes more frustration then it solves (esp vista) and the constant requirment for confirmation for automatic process pisses me off

thanks for the insult. then enlighten us what function does the user account control have? as far as i know one of it main functions is to prevent programs (viruses and other malware among them) to change important files of your system without your consent. if you are knowing what you are doing it does not cause problems and if you don't deactivating it is a bad idea.
when you are advising something like that you should at least mention the consequences. without UAC you are compromising the security of your system. having an anti virus program and a firewall or not has no influence on that. UAC provides important additional security.

when he runs 7zip as admin he does not even have to copy the files somewhere else. making a copy is of course the best solution since he surely doesn't want to reinstall his game all the time.

Last edited:
thanks for the insult ... when he runs 7zip as admin he does not even have to copy the files somewhere else. making a copy is of course the best solution since he surely doesn't want to reinstall his game all the time.

wasn't an insult i simply said that depending on UAC alone is a silly idea and since most anti virus programs incorporate similar features that don't intrude as much. UAC seems to have been designed to interface with windows defender (the incorporated anti virus/anti malware that come with recent windows OS).

@ Devildread

when i complete the annex of the Czechoslovakia i get 3 non cores included is this WAD or otherwise. if otherwise say and i will send screenshots of the zones

This problem brings up a question...

One must have SF loaded first for FtM to be loaded on top of it for everything to work, correct?

Rick

This problem brings up a question...

One must have SF loaded first for FtM to be loaded on top of it for everything to work, correct?

Rick

yep, its a sequential expansion and most download sites wont let you roll back so if you get it from steam for example you now will have the latest version ( in that sense treat it like a patch)