• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"File Exception: - Exception in: discfile.cpp, line:433. Description: Could not open file:"

Anyone have any idea on how to resolve the above error? Down loaded both DI:G and DI:S&S, only DI:G is having issues. Have FTM and all patches installed. All items from Gamer's Gate so no Steam to worry about.

Last edited:
I just have one question: Will the Soviets be harder?

Because last time I played DIG I completely obliterated them before the end of -41.

I think it had something to do with me taking land faster then they could deploy new units and get their org up to full.

But maybe the fault was just mine, I do like to make a German Army bigger then I think the historical one was.

Maybe its a fault of the game as well, I can support a army the size the historical Germany never could.

I have come to the conclusion that this mod 3.05 is just too hard for Germanyafter a number of attempts, I cannot get further than Smolensk or Kiev in 1941, despite having large army status, up to date land techs ++, and infra structure decent enough to give only a few supply problems. Only thing I like is more events and Afrika Korps deployment. In particular organization regain takes too long and I have these techs well in advance. Despite some sucessful encirclements, the Soviets have far too many troops, unless they can be defeated in 1941, it is a hopeless task.

I am going back to vanilla 3.05 and retrying. I am wondering if it is better to focus on UK first, or not have the MR Pact and attack Soviets after Poland defeat? But then I would have 2 fronts as France would not be defeated.

I have come to the conclusion that this mod 3.05 is just too hard for Germanyafter a number of attempts, I cannot get further than Smolensk or Kiev in 1941, despite having large army status, up to date land techs ++, and infra structure decent enough to give only a few supply problems. Only thing I like is more events and Afrika Korps deployment. In particular organization regain takes too long and I have these techs well in advance. Despite some sucessful encirclements, the Soviets have far too many troops, unless they can be defeated in 1941, it is a hopeless task.

I am going back to vanilla 3.05 and retrying. I am wondering if it is better to focus on UK first, or not have the MR Pact and attack Soviets after Poland defeat? But then I would have 2 fronts as France would not be defeated.

You might want to rethink your strategies and ask for advices as many people succeeded in Barbarossa even on very hard settings. :)

I'm sure this information is all over, but I'm not seeing it...If I am playing with Semper Fi (pretty well patched up to date, iirc) and purchase this game, it will serve as a mod from the drop down menu of the launcher, correct? I just want to make sure my vanilla gameplay and other mods (Common Weapons for example) that work exclusively via the drop down launcher menu will be there and unaltered for use when I so choose.

You might want to rethink your strategies and ask for advices as many people succeeded in Barbarossa even on very hard settings. :)

That is true, question of finding the right path. German units I notice have less experience than in Vanilla, plus I tend to prefera reasonably modern navy, so I think I should concentrate on land units more as I never have enough, thats the main problem.

GAHHHH Ok what is going on!!???!! here is my situation...

France is militarily defeated... And ive taken Paris, the Northern coast, and parts of western coast along witjh some parts of the Maginot Line.. Why are they not surrendering? The surrender progress is around 98.10% I thought after pARIS and coast taken they surrender?!?!?! :mad: God i finally defeated France without cheating and this is what happens!

So here is why i think something went wrong... BRtiain invaded Norway successfully.. I just evcautated most of the troops and didnt bother fighting till france surrendered. But they are not...

It's compatible with FTM, just check the second post of the thread and the patch.
But the normal logic when buying on steam is not "it's compatible if you go to a forum and manually apply the patch", I can see why people get confused.

you have to patch DIG.

Uninstall of game, complete re-install with patches following directions on forum verbatim, same problem. I have noticed you have posted several times now to different users to patch DIG, it is NOT helpful to say the least.

Verified that checksum for FTM is UBYY

Lastly, and this is mainly not to come across as boorish or a complainer, major thanks to you Devildread for not only your work on the DIG and DISS but of course ICE, by far the best HOI mod. I have been on this forums for a long time, but don't have a large post count. Just don't want to come across as a cranky forum old timer.

-ladner

Last edited:
Once the FTM 3.06 is released online resellers will receive the DIG patch and everything should be okay. :)

Thanks for the support guys.

Sorry if this has been answered already.
After I installed Francescos Mod (both) i am getting award boxes placed over a part of the model and the first sentence of the short description. I already tried the guide in the first post (even though i find it a bit mistakeble) to solve this but it didn't work.

Any solutions?

Thanks.

Uninstall of game, complete re-install with patches following directions on forum verbatim, same problem. I have noticed you have posted several times now to different users to patch DIG, it is NOT helpful to say the least.

People need to install the patch directly into the mod folder. I had the same file exception and the problem was that I was installing into the main Hoi3 directory. Make sure you're selecting the mod folder or it won't install properly.

Once the FTM 3.06 is released online resellers will receive the DIG patch and everything should be okay. :)

Thanks for the support guys.

Any idea on when that's happening?
I just had a nice DIG game ruined by the supply & fuel consumption bug during Barbarossa :mad: and I was kinda hoping it might work after this patch :happy:

well, it does fix the problem for everybody else and it is one of the main reasons why the patch even exists... if you get the "File Exception: - Exception in: discfile.cpp, line:433. Description: Could not open file:" you have to patch the DLC. that is absolutely true.
if it doesn't help you are doing something wrong but that is hardly my fault.

Is there any point to your post except to imply that I am incompetent, seriously, if you have nothing constructive to add, but out!

Last edited: