+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 167 FirstFirst ... 6 31 56 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 106 131 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 3338

Thread: [Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung] Report thread

Quote Originally Posted by robw963 View Post
    OK so here's a weird one. I've been excited to test out the new Pocket Battleships to perform some convoy raiding. I'm using Bordeaux to base Graf Spee along with some CL screens. Each time this group makes a convoy hit, they immediately retreat and rebase back to Kiel (not Bordeaux where they are based). Naturally they choose to run the gauntlet and take a scary path right through the English channel. What's going on here?

Wondering if SF 2.04d might be my problem....I've got DIG 1.03 installed.
    Sounds like you only MOVED them to Bordeaux, not rebased them? Otherwise I have no explaination for you.

P.S. DIG 1.03 is slightly bugged in that new PBB's have a much worse spotting than the ones your starting PBBs have. So don't be surprised if you build new ones and they don't find any convoys
    What does this button do? - a Semper Fi gameplay AAR (Germany, 1936) - World War II accidentally started on June 1, 1938 (dead)
    Turning Point: STALINGRAD - a 1942 campaign gameplay AAR here - the war begins on page 13! (dead)
    A World in Flames - an international DDA 1.1 1936 AAR Index in the first post (dead)

"You mean now we can't say 'Hello, we're French spies' to strangers on the street like we used to?"
    - Furstner in The Popular Front by Prufrock451

A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander-DK View Post
    Sounds like you only MOVED them to Bordeaux, not rebased them? Otherwise I have no explaination for you.

P.S. DIG 1.03 is slightly bugged in that new PBB's have a much worse spotting than the ones your starting PBBs have. So don't be surprised if you build new ones and they don't find any convoys
    I was actually expecting that they would have problems with convoy raiding because I had heard of the bug, but was pleasantly surprised when Graf Spee started to successfully take out some British convoys. At first I thought I may have incorrectly moved that fleet to Bordeaux instead of rebasing it there...but after checking...and then checking again, it is indeed correctly based in Bordeaux. it's not the end of the world, I tend to micromanage everything anyway...but of course if there's a solution I'll take it.

"We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other."
    - George C. Marshall, Chief of Staff

Current AAR:
    AMERICA Saves the World! last update: February 15, 2013 voted favorite HOI AAR in 2012 Q3 and Q4 ACAs
    Incredibly outdated AARs:
    WIELKOPOLSKA - Rise of the White Eagle - A Polish AAR
    OUR LADY OF SORROWS - The Seven Tragedies of Poland

Quote Originally Posted by robw963 View Post
    I was actually expecting that they would have problems with convoy raiding because I had heard of the bug, but was pleasantly surprised when Graf Spee started to successfully take out some British convoys. At first I thought I may have incorrectly moved that fleet to Bordeaux instead of rebasing it there...but after checking...and then checking again, it is indeed correctly based in Bordeaux. it's not the end of the world, I tend to micromanage everything anyway...but of course if there's a solution I'll take it.
    This is a guess because I never use AI command for anything: If you have your fleets attached to an HQ is that HQ then in Kiel under another theatre than the one which commands the French coast? It may be that the AI won't pull the fleets back to a port under the command of another theatre?
    What does this button do? - a Semper Fi gameplay AAR (Germany, 1936) - World War II accidentally started on June 1, 1938 (dead)
    Turning Point: STALINGRAD - a 1942 campaign gameplay AAR here - the war begins on page 13! (dead)
    A World in Flames - an international DDA 1.1 1936 AAR Index in the first post (dead)

"You mean now we can't say 'Hello, we're French spies' to strangers on the street like we used to?"

Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    aha! good thought! let me check that tonight when i take another crack at it. Thanks!

"We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other."

Current AAR:
    AMERICA Saves the World! last update: February 15, 2013 voted favorite HOI AAR in 2012 Q3 and Q4 ACAs

I have all my Uboats assigned to my Kiel Theatre HQ but it will base them thruout France,
    Belgium, Netherlands with no problem and conduct convoy raids. Nice to see this. I do
    miss the DD raiders tho! they were really effective!!

I am hopeful down the road DD can mod into the game an invasion tech to tone
    down the over the top number of early invasions in the FTM game. A couple techs
    (1942, researchable in 1940 and 1943 researchable in 1941) that will make it harder
    for smaller countires on AI to invade except at ports and force the larger nations to
    research and not be able to do such massive pre1941 invasions so much. Real history
    breaker so far in FTM forces me to go back and play SF/DIG with the wonky allies actions
    from SF with DIG/VP being the super saving grace.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I regret to report that reassigning the Graf Spee fleet to the western theater HQ didn't solve the retreat problem after successfully hitting a convoy. I even moved the theater HQ to Paris thinking it might help if it were closer to Bordeaux it might prevent the frustrating retreat all the way back to Kiel. No dice. Still killing lots of convoys though :d

Current AAR:

Is toughness and defensiveness made important in SF+DI or not? I can't remember if these values were tweaked to valid the research of these techs.

I'm just about to launch Barby and I must say Russia looks mighty strong with +1000 efficient IC...
    Top 5 wish list:

1) Make DOWs and naval combats default pop-up messages. Add a separate air vs. naval bmbing pop-up message.
    2) Upgradable Soviet Guards (and elite MEC+ARM units)
    3) Limit GOI's
    4) Improve forts, engineer construction missions to get in line with the rest of the detail in the game.
    5) Dissent/threat hit for refusing trade of surplus resources when one/both of the parties are at peace to avoid resource starving pre-war strategies in MP.

As this mod is much more interesting than vanilla FTM I returned back to it in the recent days. Possibly reported earlier I would like to mention that the events for the mid-war tank destroyers (Hornisse and Nashorn) are accessible once the medium tank techs are researched up the 1942 level. Maybe they could be linked to another cap in terms of the years or so. In my game it is eary 1941 and it does not seem right to build them that early in the game. Maybe a simplicistic perspective nevertheless i would like to share it. Otherwise a great, GREAT mod!!

Dumb question but I have to ask. DIG does not function at all if you have FTM installed correct?

Quote Originally Posted by revolverheld View Post
    As this mod is much more interesting than vanilla FTM I returned back to it in the recent days. Possibly reported earlier I would like to mention that the events for the mid-war tank destroyers (Hornisse and Nashorn) are accessible once the medium tank techs are researched up the 1942 level. Maybe they could be linked to another cap in terms of the years or so. In my game it is eary 1941 and it does not seem right to build them that early in the game. Maybe a simplicistic perspective nevertheless i would like to share it. Otherwise a great, GREAT mod!!
    Well, if you got 1942 tanks in early 1941 that expains it

Quote Originally Posted by Phillie345 View Post
    Dumb question but I have to ask. DIG does not function at all if you have FTM installed correct?
    Correct, they are not compatible yet but hopefully there will be a first edition ready in the next couple of days, if DevilDread's work goes according to plan

Well, if you got 1942 tanks in early 1941 that expains it
    Got this one. However, maybe the availability of them could be be preconditioned diffently?

Correct, they are not compatible yet but hopefully there will be a first edition ready in the next couple of days, if DevilDread's work goes according to plan
    Thank you.

the advanced TD (hornet and Rhino) are part of the Vorwarts Panzer mod i believe.
    They are in too early (should be 1943 tech). If your playing as historical i would just
    ignore them (I do) until around 1943 then build them. I believe a fix is going in to
    correct their too early build. Go with the Marder instead until then (mdm TD upgraded
    from the PZI TD).

those damn ruskis

Im sure you'll be pleased to hear that Im on my 3 try with this mod and still havent been able to defeat the russians.

Ive taken Moscow, Leningrad, and made a cheesy para capture of starlingrad

but those damn russkies wont fall. Im out of men its 1943 and the Americans are starting to cause me concern in the west.

Any helpful tips greatly appreciated

I have decimated the russian forces but they just keep bouncing back
    its 1943

HELP!!!

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Semper FiVictoria 2

Hey guys, got some trouble with the compatibility and I want to keep three days more in order to be sure it will work for everyone. Monday 18th will see the patch released.

Strange goings on in Russia. Its Jan 1942 and with 6.92 research points the Russians
    are generally only about 1 level behind me in alot of techs and i am spending 22-26 points
    since the beginning. Also Russia in Jan 1942 has 126 aircraft wings !!! It appears all their
    Tank Divisisons are T34 and TDs are SU76s. They are doing remarkibly well. Too much
    so. I have 30 MP left and they have 840. They are not even building one land or air unit,
    just infrastructure, AA, forts, and coastal forts! I hit them really hard too with good,well
    equipped and well trained divisions. I can push them back but it is on the wall i will run
    out of troops in a few months and its all over after that. They have no problem from the
    beginning in pushing the Romanians halfway back across their country and seizing Polesti.
    I do let my AI run the 2 fronts i have for Germany (I hate too much micromanagment of
    units, thats why there are generals...). The only way i can see to get some historical
    outcome from the beginning is to load the Russians before Barbarossa and delete a number
    of random divisions and air units to take into account their really super poor initall job. I
    know the game as is includes a bonus for awhile for Germany initally but i don't think it
    covers the actual effects of the first shock well. Its like diving into a block of Jello...
    red jello!! lol!

Also strange occurance in Leningrad. Finland is not Axis and my German Nord Army blocked
    off and sieged the city for a time. About 14 Russian divisions in it well equipped and plenty
    of strength and org each. When i pulled 4 divisions of Germans back trying to lure them out
    the entire garrison of Leningrad disappeared!! I looks like it disbanded which was wierd because
    there was no way i was going to take it by force...

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by juv95hrn View Post
    Is toughness and defensiveness made important in SF+DI or not? I can't remember if these values were tweaked to valid the research of these techs.

I'm just about to launch Barby and I must say Russia looks mighty strong with +1000 efficient IC...
    Just as in SF vanilla (and most other mods I am aware of) Def. and THoug. are not taking into account at all, all because of a bug which was not noticed unitl a few months ago. In FTM they are taken into account and, believe, me, now things are much better for defending units.

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Semper FiVictoria 2

Alpha version of Dies Irae. Use at your own risk (and make backups!).

- Install FTM and patch 3.04
    - Copy the \mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder to your FTM installation
    - Download Dies_Irae_Gotterdammerung_alpha_2.04
    - Extract it to the FTM \mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder

This is an alpha version. Download it only if you want to help.

What can you do?
    -> Play like you always did and report bugs, balance and oddities.

Known bugs:
    - The Naval Map is not here (won't be until Danevang get back from his holidays, in September)
    - Events options overwrite the last line of event description
    - Battlescenarios not supported (yet)
    Last edited by Devildread; 15-07-2011 at 12:18.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 167 FirstFirst ... 6 31 56 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 106 131 156 ... LastLast