- Community Map Project (Asian and Pacific thread)
- Co-Author (with Danevang) of : Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung (Dev Diary : #1 | #2 | #3 | #4)
- Co-Author (with Danevang) of : Dies Irae: Stars and Stripes (Dev Diary : #1 | #2)
- Hearts of Iron III I.C.E. : Iron Cross Edition (download : Semper Fi version | HOI3 1.4 version)
- Common Weapons of WWII DLC (report thread)
"Some must fight, so that all may be free." - The Vigil
And, thanks for letting me know about the map.
I only play DIG and I play it all the time and have no complaints. I imagine there are a few bugs somewhere but I haven't come across them. Wish I could assist but have nothing to report. - Rick
"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
Ok , can anyone assist please :-
I have the HOI3 collection ( vanilla + SF + FTM ) patched to 3.05 and have just downloaded DI:G from Gamersgate.
However the GG installer keeps stating that "Hearts of Iron 3 not installed" and in the GG temporary files folder all I have is a127mb file marked "launch" with no means to run and extract the mod files.
I know other people have had the same or similar problem - what is the solution please ( if there is one ).
haven't tried it as my other computer has HOI3 from impulse so i ran DIG on that and installed to a blank file and zipped it for later use
Thanks for the info , unfortunately I have a physical copy of the HOI3 collection ( not a download ) that I bought from a
store therefore I cannot re-download the collection from GG.The GG download which states that "HOI3 is not installed" is erroneous.
Has anyone who also has a physical copy managed to get DI:G downloaded and working , if so, how?
My "Bugs", DIG new version, cmp 1.4., no mods..., the only ahistorical thing i influenced Venezuela:
Italy NEVER! joins the axis... never, ever... no matter what i do...
Japan always loses the war... they never won in 2.06 (out of supplies and stuff)
Yesterday i got a funny one... CTD restart the game, take the last autosave... 2 days after i am in a truce with all allied and COMintern nations oO.
When i declare yugoslavia the war and hungary f.e. has mostly of the territory, independent croatia event/decision doesnt encour.
I am considering to play the 1943 scenario. Has anyone tried and if so, how did it go?
Still no luck with this mod. It fails at initialising maplogic with a runtime error. Has done so for the previous several patches. I am fairly confident I followed the instructions above, including trying a new unzip software... the one listed above.
The Restless Kaiser
The Sun never sets on the British Empire...
... because God doesn't trust the British in the dark.
- Neutrals do not provide me with Strategic Resources, even when they are completely in my corner and the tooltip says that by now they should do so? Got no Tungsten from Portugal, nor Oil Refinery from Romania
- The 3 initial Pocket Battleships have a surface detection of 5, but when I build extra ones, they have a surface detection of only 2?? If you recall, I did a lot of playtesting last summer and reported this bug before. It means that independent convoy raider Pocket Battleships are unable to spot the convoys and thus just sail around endlessly...
RANDOM WEIRDNESS, maybe WAD
- All the engineers in the German panzer divisions and panzer HQ at the start of the game have 80 EXP?
- The black/white photo of the CAG in 1936 is of a Stuka as far as I can tell, but the model type is said to be a Hs-123?
- Immediately after Japan declares war in 1937 all of the Chinese states except the communists start aligning themselves with the Allies! Quite a blow to me, since I was aiming at getting Nat. China into the Axis and I had been supplying them with lots of stuff for years.
- Even though France did not do anything, the whole world felt threatened by them?? Most countries in Europe and South America has a French threat of about 5-10, but Nationalist Spain has a French threat of 109!!
- China may be getting too powerful from the "Stronger Sino-German Agreement" (the one with air support). After 3/4 year of fighting, the front at Shanxi has moved 1 province deep (in both directions at once) and there is complete stalemate. Japan does not land in Guangxi Clieque or do any of the stuff they used to do in vanilla HOI3... They just sit there.
- The Medium and Long Range Sub Techs are 1938 and 1937, but the conning tower techs are both 1936?
- It is too difficult to bring about the Anschluss with spies. After more than 26 months of espionage, I got the Anschluss 1½ months before the historical date, at a time when they neither had the Political Crisis flag, nor a NSDAP org/pop of more than 20 (it must be 50). I have NO clue what caused it, but it seems a waste of spies, frankly...
- I was glad to experience that the trade system for good relations with Romania and Norway finally seems balanced (they no longer cancel deals constantly). Unfortunately, if you trade with the Soviets, have the Sino-German Agreement, the Norwegian-Sweden Steel, the Romanian Oil and Göring's 4-Year Plan with Resources, it is extremely easy to stockpile Rare Materials and Metals to over 50K by early 1938 (and later comes more deals with the Soviets). My point is, that metal still seems too accessible. By mid-1937, I was self-supplying and had no need for any imports of any kind. I just imported Rares and Crude Oil. So I had an idea about the whole Swedish Iron Ore / Narvik port to make it more important in the game: Instead of making it related to the Metal resources (which can be quite easy to get from mainland Europe), how about enforcing a new Strategic Effect which says that without access to a friendly Norway/Narvik, Germany suffers a -5% or -10% production rate on Automotive and Shipbuilding to reflect the lack of quality iron? It would be sort of a negative version of a Strategic Resource almost? No bonus if you have it - but a big penalty if you do not? Just a suggestion!
What does this button do? - a Semper Fi gameplay AAR (Germany, 1936) - World War II accidentally started on June 1, 1938 (dead)
Turning Point: STALINGRAD - a 1942 campaign gameplay AAR here - the war begins on page 13! (dead)
A World in Flames - an international DDA 1.1 1936 AAR Index in the first post (dead)
"You mean now we can't say 'Hello, we're French spies' to strangers on the street like we used to?"
- Furstner in The Popular Front by Prufrock451
I just downloaed the game and tried my 1st attept at it. Italy r my allies right from the start. Even before i start the game running italy r in the Axis. I got tottally over run by feb 36 by france and poland. As soon as i reoccupied the rhineland France Britain and poland DOW me and steam rollerd me as i havent even had a chance to get my units in position. I only managed to get 1 div into the rhineland when war started. It only took 2 weeks for me to be completly destroyed. 1 French div defeated a full corps minus arm as i hadnt had a chance to build any. I stared the sub research from day 1. The event triggered at the start. But it would not let me choose if i wanted quality or quanatity for the subs.
In my 1939 started game I have some little problems
Italy, Romania and Bulgaria are "overpowered" (they have too much Divisions): The Russian have stopped my assault between Leningrad and Moscow, but in Southern Ukraine these "three power nations" breakthrough and have reached the Turkish border.
Holiday in Karelia The Red Army have several dozens of Divisions in Karelia. Enough for an attack against Norway or my "Heeresgruppe Nord". They do nothing - maybe they are waiting for a the war declaration of Finnland?
"No Africa-Korps-Feeling" Its like the Great War 1914-18 in Africa, no offensive movement - only two waiting big Armies and btw: The "Egypthian Partizans" and a mot. Division defeated 3 good German Africa Divisions (without Air Support or supply problems) - a miracle!
All in all I love the Mod.
Is it true or a rumor that the Devs working on a USA-Mod?
I got the 'invite to faction' for Manchukuo even though they are puppets of Japan?
I've got nothing to say, but it's okay.
On my game last week i saw some bugs.
-My enemies are not using the all the IC. They are wasting sometimes half or even more of there IC´s. I have a fresh installation and the right checksum.
-It is too easy. I have played on very hard level and set only objects to the Armygroups (Heeresgruppe Nord, Mitte and Süd) but had no problems to push the Soviets back to the Ural on 1942.
-The Western allies try to land in France, Belgien and Norway in 1940 with small Groups. At this time it is stupid because it is easy to eliminate this Armys. When i started the war against the SU i saw only one landing. The western allies should not try to land before 1942 to have a chance to be successfully.
-I think there is also a bit too much leadership for Germany.
But it is a great mod. Thanks for your great work.