so far I have only played EU4 and I have greatly enjoyed it. As I have seen the HOI4 reveals and was impressed I want to get into the other Paradox games too.
As I have not found a fresh noob thread on the first two forum pages I am creating my own to ask questions. I will have a bazillion questions later that I'll post here, later I will use the "quick questions" thread.
Have not bought the game yet but will do it this evening. Here are my questions and I hope I don't bore you as you have probably answered stuff like that a thousand times. Thanks for everyone helping.
1) Does the Steam HOI3 collection come with all the DLC that I need? http://store.steampowered.com/sub/37223/?l=english Am I missing anything?
2) Only read this so far http://www.hoi3wiki.com/Combat_strategy is the wiki good (like the corresponding EU4 wiki) or are there other info sites you recommend
3) Is there something akin to an Ironman mode of EU4 in HOI3? I really like how it does force me to not cheat by reloading all the time when something bad happens.
4) Are there any important settings in game options
5) The above Beginners Guide says you should learn to play with Brazil or Australia. I would really like to start in Europe though with a Non Axis country. Is there any way I could play that after reading some guides or is it not recommended? Anyway I will probably try Russia or Britain and post my experience here. Contrary to the thread title I will probably get blitzed by the fritz and totally destroyed but that might be interesting too.
Any answers are very much appreciated. I will share my first experience of the game in this thread later.