• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The war is indeed not over for years. I'm not sure if I will build an airforce. I'm sure that in the long term they'll be very effective in solving stalemates such as Porto or the long forgotten Vladivostock, but then again, there is no enemy airforce to speak of and I've been managing pretty well with the few planes I have I've just recently begun using my bombers in the USA, hence the change of mind of the story teller. Although I've started using my airforce, they make only a small difference, I'm nowhere near divebomers and still flying Biplanes.

Update possibly later today.

October 6th 1929

After almost a month of fighting, the Battle of Santa Barbara is still not over.

1412688679_6_Tt4z.jpeg

This is not much of a problem because our reconnaissance unit tells tales of retreating enemy columns. The battle is almost over.

November 14th 1929

We've had another advance in our military knowledge. MAN has improved the cannons of our static AA Batteries.

1412688687_6_U7cJ.jpeg

Although we haven't seen any enemy aircraft yet, it is good to know that they can be shout out of the air when we do.

December 1st 1929

I've managed to obtain another map of the American front's, I'm still trying to get some more detailed maps, but I guess this will have to do for the moment.

1412688695_6_6eOw.jpeg

Based on this map I figure the leadership is trying to pin a lot of forces in Mexican California between our lines, the ocean and Revolutionary Mexico. I hope we will be able to keep that potential pocket close, since it will allow the destruction of a lot of Entente forces. Once enough troops have been detached to keep the pocket closed, the remainder can advance to the east, hopefully we can advance eastward at a quick pace, it might allow us to trap a lot of U.S. Troops in Mexico.

That's not the only important news of today. As expected the Battle of Santa Barbara didn't last long after I last talked about it. Santa Barbara is now secured and today we have started to attack the enemy positions in San Bernardino.

1412688701_6_w_m7.jpeg

The enemy is heavily entrenched, but I'm certain we will drive them out of their positions.

December 22nd 1929

After three weeks of fighting the American in San Bernardino are almost broken.

1412688712_6_wluh.jpeg

Unfortunately for us our scout's report they have reinforcements about a week away.

Perhaps they can use the newly developed Tactical Bombers to attack the enemy columns?

1412688717_6_x5UC.jpeg

January 3rd 1930

Happy New Year Max! I hope you've received the card I sent you. It's a card of Fortress Alcatraz in San Francisco. I've visited it when I was on leave. Imagine it was used as a military prison until we took it from the Americans.

As I've said before I was trying to get some more detailed maps of our frontlines. I've finally been able to get some since the staff at HQ has a new aid. He supplies me with the occasional maps after I told him why I needed them.

I'll start with showing a map of the South-Western sector, where I'm stationed.

1412688727_6_ughg.jpeg

As you can see, we're relentlessly attacking San Bernardino from all possible directions. Currently I've been redeployed to Fresno and the rearguard of the units assaulting San Bernardino.

Here's a map of the central frontlines:

1412688765_6_HVBK.jpeg

This map shows our troops advancing into Colorado, so we've passed the Rocky Mountains and are now moving into the Great Plains, something that will help our mobility by far.

Not much movement can be reported on this sector, it's quite static and awaiting the redeployment of troops to strengthen their lines and get in position for the next attack.

I'll move on to the next sector, the Northwestern one:

1412688745_6_NIvR.jpeg

Not much to report on this sector as well, there have been small skirmishes to try to get the Americans out of our parts of Canada, but not enough troops are being committed to force a breakthrough.

So let's take a look at the Canadian Sector:

1412688759_6_MI4C.jpeg

As you can see there is a small gap in the Canadian lines. As I've heard they are trying to create and close the Californian pocket as soon as possible. It will shorten the front and frees up troops that we then can send to Canada to breach open another front for the Americans.

Although I've now shown you all of the American Front, the surprise isn't over yet.

After years of no contact at all I've finally received word from your Uncle Tom!

It seems that he has been transferred to the Siberian Front, where he is freezing and has nothing to do than stare at the multitude of nationalities that are assembled in that small part of Asia.

1412688772_6_YtVn.jpeg

That leaves only the Afrika to be talked about.

I've found some outdated maps from captured American documents and newspapers.

1412688795_6_Fd5x.jpeg

Here you can see the Western sector. It shows that we've crossed halfway trough the Congo. It also shows almost no enemy troop estimates, so it's a case of walking in, pacifying the area and move on. You can clearly see our troops marching against Portuguese Leopoldville.

The Eastern sector, the Uganda and Kenya area's are secured and no enemy troops have been reported

1412688809_6_b37h.jpeg

That leaves the most populous area of Africa in terms of Soldiers, central Afrika, mostly in what the natives call Zambia.

There is heavy fighting in that area, but here resistance is also getting less. The troops of the United Kingdom are weary, and supplies are harder to come by for them.

I'll show you what I'm talking about:

1412688783_6_IfOL.jpeg

This concludes all current fronts of the War. Of course there is the minor uprising from the unruly populace in the occupied territories, but they are quickly put back in their place.

I'll leave it at that for today.

January 22nd 1930

Remember I told you that our troops were marching towards Portuguese Leopoldville?
It was the de facto capital of Portugal and our troops were able to capture the Portuguese government. The signed the document that turned over their lands and armed forces to us.

1412688800_6_m5Is.jpeg

February 4th 1930

The fighting at San Bernardino is still going on. So far we have managed to dislodge a few division, but the enemy stay dug in and provides a fierce resistance.

1416298594_6_m-WD.jpeg

There is however, also some good news to talk about:

Engineers in Germany have improved the way we can construct things. This will aid us, and our allies in rebuilding.

1416298601_6_HUqs.jpeg
February 14th 1930

Our troops in Africa have been victorious once again. The nation of Benin-Sahel has been put back in it's rightful place: under German command!

1416298618_6_QXL9.jpeg

February 18th 1930

We have engaged the enemy just outside of Los Angeles. If all goes well we will be able to take the city within the month.

1416298629_6_rfKx.jpeg

March 26th 1930

A few days ago we've taken Los Angeles. This has freed up some troop to be redeployed to the south-eastern front. Based on this I feel they will try to take El Paso and thereby cutting off all American troops in Arizona and northwestern Mexico.

1416298643_6_ByR3.jpeg

April 6th 1930

Again another African nation is crushed beneath the boots of the Afrika Korps:

This time Gabon has fallen:

1416298675_6_uQAw.jpeg

April 17th 1930

Another nation bites the dust.

Guinea is removed from the face of the earth

1416298683_6_Aki9.jpeg

April 24th 1930.

We've made some more improvements to our naval bombers:

1416298689_6_0OMo.jpeg

perhaps this opens up possibilities to destroy the Japanese fleet and invade the Japanese home islands?

May 2nd 1930

Since I already talked about the topic invasion in my last entry, perhaps now is a good time to tell that we have invaded and subdued the Congo?

1416298698_6_a5qu.jpeg

May 4th 1930

It is as I suspected, the plan was indeed to move to El Paso and encircle the American troops on the Southwest.

1416298727_6_imyZ.jpeg

It's only a matter of reorganizing our lines and destroying the pocket.

May 27th 1930

Our forces have commenced reducing the pocket by attacking the Americans in Tuscon.

1416298739_6_nMqj.jpeg

Initial reports show fatigued enemy troops, only a few divisions are at full fighting capacity. The Americans also lack heavy equipment. The battle should not last very long.

1416298750_6_l1Ri.jpeg

June 6th 1930

The battle of Tuscon is progressing as expected:

1416298762_6_EhTZ.jpeg

June 12th 1930

We've won the battle for Tuscon

1416298771_6_ce8_.jpeg

June 29th 1930
The fighting in America has taken more casualties than expected and der Kaiser has announced that all able bodied men from the colonies and recently acquired territories are now allowed to serve in the German army.

1416298781_6_0gwx.jpeg

Obviously this news was brought at the same time as an announcement that promises to improve the infrastructure and research capacities.

June 1st 1930

The have started to reduce the pocket further by assaulting San Diego. Unfortunately troops from Hermosillo have stormed the arriving troops in Tuscon, forcing the first detachments to retreat and the incoming forces to fight. The fight is not expected to last very long.

1416298835_6_DyWe.jpeg

June 7th 1930

The second battle for Tuscon is almost over. As said before, the fight isn't expected to last very long.

1416298855_6_EX5D.jpeg

Just noticed my sig and that this is still noted as ongoing.

After 5 and a half years, I'm pretty sure you have already declared this dead, but here goes:

It's dead, corrupted save, imagehosting that got axed and the save was on my old PC, so no way to revive this.

Thanks for following this anyway.

Mods can lock this thread.

Reactions:
Locking thread per OP request; if at any point you want it reopened, please PM me or another moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.