• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

freeaxle

First Lieutenant
10 Badges
May 7, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
So I've got a game up and running as Two-Sicilies. Everything is going fine, making money, low taxes etc. etc. but my national population is consistently decreasing. The daily pop increase/decrease number at the top of the screen next to the national population is telling me that I am gaining people every day, but at the end of every year I seem to be about 10 000 people down. I have researched medicine and have trinket healthcare, so I have no idea what is going on. Is there something that the game is not telling me, like a massive migration out of the country? Help would be appreciated.

I'd agree, except I've had famine events, and they show up in the daily pop change counter and after checking my pops manually it seems that there isn't any migration being reported. The most confusing thing is that the daily change would suggest my population is increasing whereas in actual fact it is slowly decreasing.

If your pop growth is green in the HUD at the top of the screen, but you're still losing population like crazy, it's probably one of two things: You're at war and losing troops, or people are pissed and leaving for North/South American Democracies. Try to give the people what they want or they tend to leave for the land of opportunity.

The best way to find out how many are leaving for the democracies is by going to the population screen, and mousing over the bar for your entire country. It should say how many people are emigrating during that month (the number will increase as the month goes on!) Once as Wallachia, I was losing a good 6-700 people a month to the USA, Chile, and USCA.

This has a couple of reasons. One is just natural emigration to the New World and the second is due to the RGO changes. As the initial RGO production world wide exceeds demand of goods your pops get fired from your RGO and they don't have any money in the bank. So, these populations will flee your country if there is no immediate work for them. I would recommend increasing your military funding and all your displaced workers will become soldiers.

The best way to find out how many are leaving for the democracies is by going to the population screen, and mousing over the bar for your entire country. It should say how many people are emigrating during that month (the number will increase as the month goes on!) Once as Wallachia, I was losing a good 6-700 people a month to the USA, Chile, and USCA.

Thanks Zsrai, I did that and discovered what the problem was. The daily population growth is calculated differently for the HUD pop change and the tool-tip for the country's pop change in the population screen. The HUD pop change counter was adding immigration from internal immigration, forgetting that this doesn't increase population, it just shifts it around.