+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [FAQ] MEIOU : TD - Important info - 2Gb+ Fix Tutorial

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Europa Universalis IV

[FAQ] MEIOU : TD - Important info - 2Gb+ Fix Tutorial

Step-by-Step tutorial for patching Paradox EU3 executable and allows it to memory adresses past 2Gb.

This step is pretty much mandatory with Divine Wind version, specially for people using Win7. If you experience disappearing windows before a game crash, this is likely your problem.

Don't forget that since the mod directory doesn't work with DW you should have a specific EU3 installation for MEIOU:TD in any case.

1. Backup your eu3game.exe. Simple way is making a simple copy/paste of the file and rename it.

2. Go to http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php

3. Download CFF Explorer Suite (see red circle on the screenshot).

Download location

4. Install the application.

5. Now run the application (Start Menu > Explorer Suite > CFF Explorer)

6. Choose File > Open

7. Browse to the main eu3 folder (the installation from which you'll run MEIOU) and select eu3game.exe

8. Once your exe is opened, a new panel appear on the left.

Click "File Header" as highlighted on the screenshot :

9. A new panel appear on the right.

Click the button simply named "Click here" at bottom right as shown on the screenshot :

10. Once again a new panel opens, this time in a specific window.

Activate the "App can handle >2Gb adress space" checkmark as highlighted on the screenshot and hit ok :

11. Choose File > Save, then exit the application.

12. Congratulations, you're done.

NB : Credits for this should also go to SnakeByte99 who brought it to our attention, and to the first person on CivFanatics who got the idea to apply this on Civ4.
    Last edited by Solo_Adhémar; 09-05-2011 at 13:55. Reason: credits

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Bleh, can a mod move this post to the MEIOU subforum please ?

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Solo.

Note that this fix could be applicable to other big mods who have graphics or memory issues.
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This only concerns win7?
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Nope, i use it with XP... i'll assume Vista users can use it too.
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Thanks Solo, that fixed the problem for me.

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    500k club

When downloading from that link Norton's says that it has a Suspicious.Cloud.2 activity associated.

Although for the record the application installed, and seems to have modified the exe. Lets see if MEIOU installs and plays. Nice tutorial by the way - very easy to follow.
    Last edited by Mammoth; 10-05-2011 at 18:18.

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    So, this helps speed games up? Can I apply it to other games to improve how they run?
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Capiatlist View Post
    So, this helps speed games up? Can I apply it to other games to improve how they run?
    It's not so much it speeds up EUIII with MEIOU, that it avoids severe memory shortages. Didn't personally notice in speed changes.

I guess it could work with any game that has the 2 Gb limitation. I think i first saw it used with Civ.

But not that it's just a guess. I'd suggest a backup of the exe before tampering with it

Europa Universalis IV

Captain
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete

Maybe, this is a more simplier way to do this patch:
    http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    85 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaAncient Space

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdy View Post
    Maybe, this is a more simplier way to do this patch:
    http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
    Nice find!
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Samuel de Champlain vol. II GregElSho's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

As I read it, seems that we 32 bits users don't need to bother with these patches.
    (At least that might explain why the previous one didn't seem to work either.)

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by GregElSho View Post
    As I read it, seems that we 32 bits users don't need to bother with these patches.
    (At least that might explain why the previous one didn't seem to work either.)
    As far as i know, 32bit OS's can assign 3gb of ram to a 32bit application, if the process is compiled with largememoryaware (default is 2gb), so this patch is useful for you, too, if you have 4gb of ram and a 32bit OS.

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: Revolutions

As far as i know, 32bit OS's can assign 3gb of ram to a 32bit application, if the process is compiled with largememoryaware (default is 2gb), so this patch is useful for you, too, if you have 4gb of ram and a 32bit OS.
    That supports my own finding. I have a 32 but system and using this solved my graphics problems.
    "Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" Vince Lombardi

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Well, if you say so, I'll try this direct one, with a vague hope it will somehow work better than the first for me.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Does that mean that I need over 2gb of physical ram or does the virtual ram work too? If i need more ram I am very confused, since I was able to modify my copy of World of Warcraft in a far more drastic way and never had any issues, but I have to admit that I probably don't understand where the problem even comes from.

Im using win7, 8gb ram, so I tried the 4gb patch although the previous 2gb fix worked just fine for me.
    Now the game is running roughly 30-60% faster than before.
    Thumbs up to that find

Well, still nothing for me, though.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Aernil View Post
    Im using win7, 8gb ram, so I tried the 4gb patch although the previous 2gb fix worked just fine for me.
    Now the game is running roughly 30-60% faster than before.
    Thumbs up to that find
    That's not possible. The procedure described in the first post and the 4gb patch i posted, are doing the same thing. So the effect should be the same too.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireIron CrossKing Arthur IIMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great tutorial, Solo_Adhémar. Adn great find Valdy! That should make the process even simpler.

I'm happy to see that my find helped many gamers.
    It's also good to see MEIOU is still up and running as it should be. EU3 wouldn't be as much fun as it is now without this great mod.

Keep up the good work!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast